Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Classic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-17-2005, 07:43 PM   #31
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlercd_22
Im just sick of seeing japanese imports. I guess ive seen to much of them. With F&F and all.

There is nothing wrong with variety and diversity
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 09:37 PM   #32
glagon1979
daddy x3
 
glagon1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: back in Williamson, NY
Posts: 1,101
i would also rather have a old muscle car than an import. but i will say that i have owned them and would own another if the price was right. i would say if i had to own another it would be a 92 eagle talon tsi, but not all riced out
glagon1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 10:49 PM   #33
Wally
I Know More Than You
 
Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oz
Posts: 2,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlercd_22
Im just sick of seeing japanese imports. I guess ive seen to much of them. With F&F and all.


Spoken like a true patriot. I guess the Iraqis and Afghanis feel the same about US troops.
__________________
"She gave me a look only a mother could give a child."
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 05:09 AM   #34
sandlercd_22
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 201
Its not country patriotism its the fact that im a muscle car guy. Its like supporting a football team that you know may suck in some ways but you still love them more than any other team. Thats all im saying.
sandlercd_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 12:10 PM   #35
Vectis Yanks
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Isle of Wight - UK
Posts: 5
Nice car!
__________________


Vectis Yanks
Vectis Yanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 07:49 PM   #36
sandlercd_22
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 201
Thanks. I might be investing in another one. AND IM ONLY 17!
sandlercd_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 07:52 PM   #37
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels
 
jedimario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clemson University
Posts: 2,149
Where are you getting all this money?
__________________


UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 10:06 PM   #38
Wally
I Know More Than You
 
Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oz
Posts: 2,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlercd_22
Its not country patriotism its the fact that im a muscle car guy. Its like supporting a football team that you know may suck in some ways but you still love them more than any other team. Thats all im saying.

Aah so you are a romantic, not a xenophobe. I assume that would be "american" muscle? The same american muscle that became extinct because the japanese recognised that people wanted an economical, reliable, technological, consistent level of quality, value for money vehicle?

Being around at the time (late sixties/early seventies), in hindsight I can say that most cars outside of japan must have been built on a Monday (the other four days preparing for the weekend bbq) and the orchards must have been flat out keeping up a supply of lemons.
__________________
"She gave me a look only a mother could give a child."
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 10:26 PM   #39
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels
 
jedimario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clemson University
Posts: 2,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Being around at the time (late sixties/early seventies), in hindsight I can say that most cars outside of japan must have been built on a Monday (the other four days preparing for the weekend bbq) and the orchards must have been flat out keeping up a supply of lemons.
Maybe so, but the reason Americans wanted those Japanese cars was because of the energy crisis, not because they wanted small weak cars...
__________________


UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 05:38 AM   #40
sandlercd_22
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 201
I get the money from Mcdonalds and my parents help too. I might be buying a 1975 2 dr nova from a salvage yard. wich oddly was the same car i took the bumper and grill off of wich is now on my car. .
sandlercd_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 07:15 AM   #41
Wally
I Know More Than You
 
Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oz
Posts: 2,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
Maybe so, but the reason Americans wanted those Japanese cars was because of the energy crisis, not because they wanted small weak cars...

The oil crisis was just a trigger, the rest is history. The public have continued to cast their vote and Japan is now the largest maker in the world and those "weak" cars don't seem to be troubled hammering those "muscle" cars.
__________________
"She gave me a look only a mother could give a child."
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 07:40 PM   #42
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
The oil crisis was just a trigger, the rest is history. The public have continued to cast their vote and Japan is now the largest maker in the world and those "weak" cars don't seem to be troubled hammering those "muscle" cars.

They called your name Bav
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:28 PM   #43
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels
 
jedimario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clemson University
Posts: 2,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
The oil crisis was just a trigger, the rest is history. The public have continued to cast their vote and Japan is now the largest maker in the world and those "weak" cars don't seem to be troubled hammering those "muscle" cars.
Well nobody made muscle cars after the energy crisis to even give them a chance, did they?
__________________


UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 05:41 AM   #44
sandlercd_22
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 201
Yeh i understand now first hand at what it was like back than. Now that gas is pushing 3$ a gallon i might need to.... .....Buy a car that gets better gas milage. I have told everyone who asks if i like my car (cause its my first) and i always say "ima keep it till i die" but with gas this way i might need to sell or trade it for a....*shudder*....Honda...
sandlercd_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 12:11 PM   #45
dodger65
I know more than Wally...
 
dodger65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: U.S. - Midwest
Posts: 2,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlercd_22
I get the money from Mcdonalds and my parents help too. I might be buying a 1975 2 dr nova from a salvage yard. wich oddly was the same car i took the bumper and grill off of wich is now on my car. .

...can't be a '75, that was when they changed the design... 73's and 74's are identical, though...
__________________
"Everyone is someone else's weirdo"

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.