Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2005, 12:35 AM   #1
Vlad
CF Addict

What times to expect from prelude?

Ever since I got my prelude people keep asking me when I'm gonna take it to the track. At Sacramento Raceway wed. nights are $15 bucks so I thought I'd go sometime soon just for fun.

What time should I expect in the quarter with a 98 prelude, completly stock except for wheels/tires. I'm thinking in the 15s right? I know driver is a big factor, and I've been driving for a year and this is the first time I'd be going to a track to do an actual drag race. Not like I haven't been practicing launching and shifting tho lol.

I've looked online at times but there is a range from like 10sec to 16sec and I can't even tell which cars are stock sometimes. (obviuously the 10sec is modded).

If I end up going I'll post my times. My friend with a 99 acura 3.2TL wants to go too, and we're gonna race. Who do you think will win?
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 12:36 AM   #2
99integra
CF's Florida boy

15's or early 16's, dunno really
Old 08-12-2005, 12:45 AM   #3
72firebird
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad
Ever since I got my prelude people keep asking me when I'm gonna take it to the track. At Sacramento Raceway wed. nights are $15 bucks so I thought I'd go sometime soon just for fun.

What time should I expect in the quarter with a 98 prelude, completly stock except for wheels/tires. I'm thinking in the 15s right? I know driver is a big factor, and I've been driving for a year and this is the first time I'd be going to a track to do an actual drag race. Not like I haven't been practicing launching and shifting tho lol.

I've looked online at times but there is a range from like 10sec to 16sec and I can't even tell which cars are stock sometimes. (obviuously the 10sec is modded).

If I end up going I'll post my times. My friend with a 99 acura 3.2TL wants to go too, and we're gonna race. Who do you think will win?

all i have to say is if i saw you at sac raceway doing 16s in a stock prelude, id bitch smack you and tell you to leave. the only fun racing youll be doing is bracket racing. no point in taking a car to the drag strip unless it can hit sub 14 1/4 miles. anything slower and its completly pointless. my advise is sell it, buy a litre sports bike . stock cars + drag strip= gay driver
72firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 12:46 AM   #4
72firebird
Banned

plus a road course would be more fun in your stock dog
Old 08-12-2005, 12:53 AM   #5
Vlad
CF Addict

I'm not going to the drag cuz I think my car can smoke everyone there. I just wanna see what I can run. Whats wrong with that?
Old 08-12-2005, 12:59 AM   #6
72firebird
Banned

whats wrong with that is 16 seccond 1/4 miles are boring. the only thing its good for is slow speed practice. like i said if you want some fun. take it to a road course. drag racing is only fun if your somewhat fast. unless you do bracket racing. but thats kinda boring too. its just the worst part is your cars stock. you might as well get "ricer" tattoed on your forehead cause youd get flamed for bringing a stock car
Old 08-12-2005, 01:06 AM   #7
Vlad
CF Addict

It makes me a ricer because I got my car 2 weeks ago and have simply not modded it yet? Not like its gonna stay stock forever. Plus, I don't even have to race anybody, time trials are 5pm, racing starts at 7. What I wanna know though is the fee for every run, or just to get in?
Old 08-12-2005, 01:08 AM   #8
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Don't listen to him right now, someone pissed in his Cheerios this mornin
Old 08-12-2005, 04:22 PM   #9
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:

Since you're a nOOb you'll probably be at best in the mid 15s. With practice you can reach the limit of high 14s though!

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 04:24 PM   #10
SlipKnoT
The Ultimate Maggot

Well what year is it? What engine does it have? Are you an experienced driver?

SlipKnoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 04:44 PM   #11
72firebird
Banned

Quote:
It makes me a ricer because I got my car 2 weeks ago and have simply not modded it yet? Not like its gonna stay stock forever. Plus, I don't even have to race anybody, time trials are 5pm, racing starts at 7. What I wanna know though is the fee for every run, or just to get in?

the fee is just to get in. im just saying 16 sec 1/4 miles are boring. but then again it seems like youve never been to a strip so itll be fun either way. and unless they changed it since last time i went its 16 bucks to get in not for every run
Old 08-12-2005, 04:45 PM   #12
72firebird
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
Don't listen to him right now, someone pissed in his Cheerios this mornin

and actualy im cranky from waking up early to piss in yours
Old 08-12-2005, 06:51 PM   #13
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72firebird
and actualy im cranky from waking up early to piss in yours

Jesus don't start with me today, its called Midol bitch, enjoy it
Old 08-12-2005, 06:57 PM   #14
Oomba
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
Since you're a nOOb you'll probably be at best in the mid 15s. With practice you can reach the limit of high 14s though!

Probably around 16s.

I dont care how experienced you are, you cant shave a whole second off a 1/4 time without tuning at all.
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 09:20 PM   #15
fudge
let's fighting love

Not if he improves his launch, shifting and reaction time?

There's plenty to be gained from a noob at the drag strip. Once you have a good technique then you can make the most of the future tuning you do.