Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2005, 08:40 PM   #16
Vlad
CF Addict

Quote:
For the Hondas, I meant funtional as in hatch/trunk space with the back seats folded down. The sedans are definitely better for more people .

True. I thought you meant space for ppl as well. Never mind what I said then, cuz the hondas do have a lot of trunk space.
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 03:41 AM   #17
HyundaGuy
Relicensed n ready 2 race

if you desperately want a rally style car that has plenty of power with handling and style then look into a Mazda Familia GT-R, they're a 1.8ltr DOHC EFI Turbo/Intercooled, AWD, Hatch, completely designed for rally.

they do 13.8's stock in the 1/4mi. and have a top speed of over 200km/h.

the only problem with these cars is that when you start modding the vehicle heavily (pushing it to 250 - 300hp) it starts to eat gearboxes, so if you intend on doin' some crazy shit to the engine then i suggest you save your pennys and have a nice dogbox made for it.

stock standard, they're fast, $2000 later, they're really ****ing fast.

that was a car that just came to my mind, they're good cars, honestly.

EDIT: They've got 207hp STOCK, this can be increased greatly on the stock turbo (it's only on 6psi, can be raised to 14psi) aslong as you get an FMIC with a better intake.

Exhaust, CAI, Boost Raise, Fuel Injectors, Fuel Pump, Fuel Rails, FMIC and BOV will insure great performance in the power category, having slightly softer and lower suspension with heavy dutie shocks will insure great handling, new tyres/mags will also insure great handling.

Brakes, are excellent stock but can be replaced if you desperately want to.... once again.. the gearboxes are slightly weak.. so try not to thrash the shit out of them on a regular bacis.

If i still owned an excel.. It'd look like this:

Last edited by HyundaGuy : 08-14-2005 at 03:44 AM.
HyundaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 11:03 AM   #18
TDash
CF Newbie

start Small

well contrary to popular belief dont start big! if you do you cheat yourself of fundimental driving tecniques. There is nothing wrong with starting with a good N/A car like a civic,neon,or an GS first gen eclipse. Take Ken Gushi from Drifting, he started with a Toyota Tureno and now he Drifts against a viper and a GTO in a turbo GT Mustang. Like him I also started small, 97 Neon coupe small, Thru RX-7,'85, To my prototype '00 GT eclipse AWD and twin turbo. Test drive until your sick but true greatness comes from practice and from that you learn to appreciate the 13bt the 4g63 and the JZa80.
TDash is offline   Reply With Quote