Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2005, 02:57 PM   #61
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by relicensed
it's funny how things can change from day to day. I still hate this country and if I could do everything I do here but back home I'd be happy as larry. Problem is I couldn't ave made $4500 in a week for doing so little work without it involving running fast from flashing lights. But here I did this week!

My credit is f**ked in england but here I have 2 cars on finance and one other paid for.
I'd never be able to afford a house in my old area of london.
I'm stuck living a reasonable life here just hating the people though. Why do ex english people make the most arrogent? think about it!

I'm waiting for one of the ozzy or kiwi members state the obvious to me and call me a whinging pom. hahaha

screw it! I'll just make loads of money and move down south where theres no cars or people. what do ya think?
Soz, just noticed that one...lol....I now wanna move to your neck of the woods....as My credit is scewed here in England

BTW, The Veron's supposed to be out soon....Auto Express has driven it this week

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 09-21-2005 at 03:18 PM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 05:30 PM   #62
luke1978
CF Newbie

Jaguar XJ220 is my dream car. Just can't afford one.

luke1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 03:44 AM   #63
moostang104314
the guy you wish you were

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke1978
It's my dream car too. My 15 year old fantasy...
Old 09-24-2005, 03:46 AM   #64
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moostang104314
It's my dream car too. My 15 year old fantasy...
I cant stand those cars....never could

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 09:23 PM   #65
ngluvakov(euro)
CF Enthusiast

European supercar

(This prologue is relevant for answer to the question mentioned in topic)For as many years as I have studied the path of car industry, I have noticed many things. As you all know, any general subject gives us trouble discussing it. A question of best European supercar is almost impossible to answer, but I will try to use my objections and experience in cars I will present you my opinion of supercars, that doesn’t necessarily have to be right way of thinking. To start reviewing a European supercar, you must know that supercars have classes also. For example you can find Opel’s (for U.K. and few other markets known under the name Vauxhall) Speedster, which is small car with two seats and hard top. It goes really fast, has extravagant look, but can not even be mentioned in the same article with Porsche boxter. You can put them together because of their similar displacement, but those two cars are diametrically opposite one from another. Porsche is car that gives more power and luxury, while Opel gives economy, takes more care about ecology and lasts lot longer. Considering to all this, there is rough battle in the field of supercars. European makes are all giving much attention to the safety of all passengers, so in Europe we have different point of attention as in America. We value car more, if it is safer to drive. So by the European terms, you consider many factors that can vary individually from one person to another, but for many people here, they go in this order:
1) Price/quality ratio
2) Safety
3) Performance
4) Comfort
5) Reliability of engine
6) Economy
7) Ecology
8) Make

This order is for supercars, but does not apply for any other types of cars. Also any other rule for other type of car does not apply for supercar type of car.
Knowing all this I would say that European supercar #1 from my point of view is (with reserve) BMW “760 Li”. Personally, I would drive Audi “A8 quattro 4.2” or in sunny days Opel “Speedster turbo” or when in need of elegance Mercedes Benz “S class”. I am very critic toward any England make, because they for the first times in fabric history pay attention to the safety or economic driving. For example, first diesel engine in Jaguar was put when “X – type” was made, and that’s about 4 years ago, while German cars have that kind of engine for decades (diesel engine is ecologically better for environment). Italian cars aren’t as reliable as German cars are, so they also loose battle. I have heard engine of some older Ferrari and it was no pleasant as in first days. On the other hand, German cars put numerous records in many fields of reliability and passed the test of time. Italian car industry is in financial crisis for years, and they can’t spend enormous amount of funds on research & development, imply the bad results in active and passive safety. You can’t afford to drive a car without all the elements reconsidered.

I have explained why I think so, my supercars of Europe are mentioned above, hope you think the same. Anyone who ever drove one of abovementioned cars is definitely going to support my words.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:34 PM   #66
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Quote:

Did you switch your wheels again, luke? Also, what suspension setup are you running? I am trying to purchase somne H&R coilovers for my e36 right now.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:50 PM   #67
BearFace
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx3_monster
What do you guys think is the best european supercar? I think it is the Ferrari Enzo

If you're talking truly exotic, then a Pagini Zonda l is the only way to go, but in the real world, I'd take a Porsche 997 C4s or a Merc SL 55 AMG...

Current wheels: 2005 VW Golf GT TDi (140) and a 2003 KTM 950 Adventure
BearFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 03:56 PM   #68
luke1978
CF Newbie

I belong to a M3 club here in Florida. That is my friends car. I am taking some new pictures of my car. I have the H&R coilovers.

luke1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 02:11 PM   #69
xlratedmonkey
CF Newbie

no duh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VG30DE
WTF? You gotta be kidding .

I really like the Carrera GT because it has 3 pedals .
It's got three pedals cause it is a manual car. The left is the clutch, second is the brake, and the right one is gas.
xlratedmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 02:15 PM   #70
xlratedmonkey
CF Newbie

Thumbs up

Quote:
I belong to a M3 club here in Florida. That is my friends car. I am taking some new pictures of my car. I have the H&R coilovers.
That's a sweet ride man. I have always loved BMW's.Since you are a fan of them too, why not choose the M5? I can not tell the difference. Maybe you can tell me more...thanks
xlratedmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 05:20 AM   #71
jasjitdhillon09
CF Newbie

i would think the Ferrari Enzo or Bugatti Veyron which tops 400km/h!
jasjitdhillon09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 05:24 AM   #72
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjitdhillon09
i would think the Ferrari Enzo or Bugatti Veyron which tops 400km/h!

You have to remember speed is only one part, what about handling, and braking, accelaration, etc...

Hows abots the new Ferrari FX, or the TVR Tuscan?
Old 10-11-2005, 05:31 AM   #73
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
You have to remember speed is only one part, what about handling, and braking, accelaration, etc...

Hows abots the new Ferrari FX, or the TVR Tuscan?
The FXX is pretty much just a racing Enzo
Old 10-11-2005, 05:32 AM   #74
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
The FXX is pretty much just a racing Enzo

Exactly, so it should be better than the Enzo, which is a damn good car already
Old 10-11-2005, 05:38 AM   #75
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Exactly, so it should be better than the Enzo, which is a damn good car already
Better how ....? Faster around a track, yes ... not legal on the road though ... that's a big negative in terms of where and when you can enjoy it.