Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2005, 03:06 PM   #46
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TricksteR 2338
I believe it was somewhere around $2.67 a gallon here for 87 in upstate NY. And to believe earlier this summer when I got gas it was $2.20 something. That was the one good thing about a Cavalier...$20 and your tank was full..and it got wicked gas mileage. Had to be 30 MPG I think?

Lucky. Earlier this summer I was filling up for 25 bucks and had to fill up every week. Still do. Damn V6 is BS!!!

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 04:47 PM   #47
EvilPodAE
CF Enthusiast

Regular - $2.75
Premium - $2.87
Ultimate - $2.91

BP AKA Amaco on Long Island NY
EvilPodAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 06:57 PM   #48
97Talonchik
discombobulated

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
I was actually thinking the same thing before ... he's not really of the American sense of humour I wouldn't have thought. Well funny though.

I actually got that in an e-mail the other day and thought it was hilarious. I might have to check this Ricky Gervais character out. My friends at work offered to pay me money to do that dance outside in front of everyone. I might take them up on that.
I Googled him, and it looks like the U.S. had their version of the same show "The Office". Second season starts tomorrow.
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 02:08 AM   #49
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Can I use that one at my next Neo Nazi meeting?

Talonchick do you know what your sig pic is all about?

I wouldn't have thought Ricky Gervais would be appreciated in your country.

Hahahahahahaha shut up
Old 08-17-2005, 02:24 AM   #50
Jon_K
CF Newbie

We have the nations favorite president to thank for these prices! (America voted for him, I voted for kerry; like he'd have been any better though)

The funny thing is how Bush refuses to purchase any crude oil from South America. They're mad at us right now because they've offered to sell oil for 30 cents a gallon and we still refuse!

Why would a president refuse a desperate country wanting to make money off of oil when the nation is nearly crippled due to these prices? Seems like the President has a bit to gain, or a fraudulent shortage has been created (when in fact we have a surplus -- but the prices are inflated due to the false belief there is a shortage)

Whatever the reason; seems our president is screwing us over and saying "God Bless Us" at the same time. Which is it going to be, anal abuse or being blessed? Or are they one in the same?

My

Just my opinions, this isn't meant to create a political arguement or debate on this thread. Just think about what I said -- and it might make you wonder.

Blair is screwing his people more -- 5 something bucks a gallon US -- and they're closer to Iraq! And why hasn't our oil supplies improved with companies over there since we have essentially established our own political presence err I mean, democracy over there?

Last edited by Jon_K : 08-17-2005 at 02:28 AM.
Jon_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 02:26 AM   #51
BanffAutoSpa_ap
Pants The Ripper

Location: Southern Alberta Likes:Long walks on the beach.....after anal
exactly a buck a litre here in southern alberta canada for the cheap crap, my parents pay a buck 20 a liter in the north, which sucks cuz in alberta we have a major surplus of oil, plus 1600 sq miles of untouched oil sands, i just walk nowadays, all who complain of gas prices should start writing letters to the higher up's( prime ministers and presidents...not god) so we can get hybrids on the factory line quicker, and cheaper. this blows. eat crap oil companies
Old 08-17-2005, 07:59 PM   #52
Vlad
CF Addict

But to buy the knew hybrids will be expensive for initial cost...It's cheaper to buy a 5-10k used car and pay for gas in my opinion.
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 11:42 PM   #53
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_K
Why would a president refuse a desperate country wanting to make money off of oil when the nation is nearly crippled due to these prices? Seems like the President has a bit to gain, or a fraudulent shortage has been created (when in fact we have a surplus -- but the prices are inflated due to the false belief there is a shortage)

What makes you think the oil companies would lower their prices if they bought some of their oil from venuzuela again? I mean, we already produce a third of what we use ourselves.

Local stations charge prices that vary daily even though costs don't change more than quarterly. How is ANY president in charge of that? And other petroleuum products don't vary by as much as gas, even though they are made from the same barrels of crude (and thus have the same fixed costs as gasoline). The problem is not political.

No, it's simply oil company greed that does it. Once the price goes up, it wouldn't come down for any reason.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 12:18 AM   #54
Jon_K
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Local stations charge prices that vary daily even though costs don't change more than quarterly. How is ANY president in charge of that? And other petroleuum products don't vary by as much as gas, even though they are made from the same barrels of crude (and thus have the same fixed costs as gasoline). The problem is not political.

No, it's simply oil company greed that does it. Once the price goes up, it wouldn't come down for any reason.

Well -- there was a group of computer companies who manufactured a certain type of computer memory which was used in Pentium 4 mainboards for a year or two. The type of ram specification is called RIMM (Rambus Imput Memory Module) the company who designed the spec (Rambus) made the prices very high -- and made special deals with other companies who manufactured clone cheaps to sell at prices that are very high too. Just going to the computer store to buy 512 megs of memory for your computer (just the memory sticks alone!) could run you up to 250 dollars -- however all Penitum 4 boards used RIMMs and people had to get memory!

Guess what? The government fined them and required them to stop these practices as it was considered "price fixing" the items really high and conspiring with other companies who made aftermarket chips of the same spec to charge prices just as high.

If the government can shut down price fixing in the computer industry -- they could do it to the oil/gas industry too, couldn't they? Seems like the oil/gas industry was smart and is making some campaign contribs though, to prevent this.

Last edited by Jon_K : 08-18-2005 at 12:20 AM.
Jon_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 01:22 AM   #55
Tooyoung225
CF Newbie

well, the reason our president isn't doing anything about is because he owns, multiple oil companies. so, if he does something, it would cause him to lose money, so he just lets it slide.

i am not dissing the president at all...just stating my opinion.
Tooyoung225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 04:07 AM   #56
hhsrastler92
CF's Weekend Warrior

my parents went Democratic because George Bush is in over his head

^My kids^
hhsrastler92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 05:31 AM   #57
moostang104314
the guy you wish you were

Before my family took a trip to California, gas was about $2.45 in the area. When we came back, it rose to $2.75 at cheapest. The highest price I've seen was in San Francisco where it was $3.15 for regular unleaded!!!
Old 08-18-2005, 12:11 PM   #58
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_K

If the government can shut down price fixing in the computer industry -- they could do it to the oil/gas industry too, couldn't they? Seems like the oil/gas industry was smart and is making some campaign contribs though, to prevent this.

Yes, the oil companies contribute millions of campaign dollars.. to BOTH PARTIES. And yes, there's talk of anti-trust regulations, but there's a difference between getting proof of collusion and simply feeling that there is.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 02:31 AM   #59
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Ya'll got to stop bitchin and accept the fact that they will just keep goin and goin
Old 08-19-2005, 03:16 AM   #60
HyundaGuy
Relicensed n ready 2 race

gas prices range from 43c a ltr, for gasoline

for petrolium, leaded = doesn't exhist anymore, unleaded = ranges from $1.14 - $1.20 a ltr and premium unleaded ranges from $1.40 - $1.55 a ltr.

expensive down in aus, i hate it!

If i still owned an excel.. It'd look like this:

HyundaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote