Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-15-2005, 12:32 AM   #1
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer
 
dodgerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Farm in Saskatchewan...
Posts: 2,202
cherry bomb mufflers

okay, this is more of a general question, could apply to domestic, import, or european cars...

you know how theres the classic cherry bomb mufflers right....well there is also one thats nicknamed "blue bottle", i just can't remember what the actual name of it is.....any help?


(and no this is not for my car....its for someone else lol)
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 02:24 AM   #2
osborste
the canuck tech
 
osborste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ontario canada
Posts: 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
okay, this is more of a general question, could apply to domestic, import, or european cars...

you know how theres the classic cherry bomb mufflers right....well there is also one thats nicknamed "blue bottle", i just can't remember what the actual name of it is.....any help?


(and no this is not for my car....its for someone else lol)

does it look like a cherry bomb shape wise?
found these at jcwhitney.com
__________________

without seeing or hearing your problem all i can do is offer advice on what to check
my new toy

<Link removed>......Please read the rules on advertising!
osborste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 03:04 AM   #3
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer
 
dodgerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Farm in Saskatchewan...
Posts: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by osborste
does it look like a cherry bomb shape wise?
found these at jcwhitney.com

the smithy is very close....yes, it does have almost the same size/shape of the cherry bomb.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 02:29 PM   #4
Slimone
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Dolan Springs Az USA
Posts: 122
Hi, Most of the OLD farts will remember them as "Glasspacks" in fact have a pair on a old chevy truck , better then that bumble bee sound , Have a Great day Slimone
Slimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 04:04 PM   #5
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer
 
dodgerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Farm in Saskatchewan...
Posts: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimone
Hi, Most of the OLD farts will remember them as "Glasspacks" in fact have a pair on a old chevy truck , better then that bumble bee sound , Have a Great day Slimone

thats exactly the point.....a good set of glasspacks gives a nice rumble
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 04:20 PM   #6
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
thats exactly the point.....a good set of glasspacks gives a nice rumble


Fora couple months, then you burn all the fiberglass out of them and they sound like sh*t. Both my motorhomes have had them behind their Dodge V8s (the current one is a 413), and they do NOT sound powerful, just bad.

I've removed dead glasspacks from a lot of musclecars. Their two advantages are cost and space savings. But, they were the fart tip of the musclecar scene for a couple decades...
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 03:13 AM   #7
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer
 
dodgerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Farm in Saskatchewan...
Posts: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Fora couple months, then you burn all the fiberglass out of them and they sound like sh*t. Both my motorhomes have had them behind their Dodge V8s (the current one is a 413), and they do NOT sound powerful, just bad.

I've removed dead glasspacks from a lot of musclecars. Their two advantages are cost and space savings. But, they were the fart tip of the musclecar scene for a couple decades...

exactly, theyre cheap, so when theyre shot, it doesnt cost much to replace them I'd rather go through two glasspacks a year then one pro muffler that cost 3x as much as one glasspack...(just for instance, dont know the actual lifespan)
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 04:40 AM   #8
hhsrastler92
CF's Weekend Warrior
 
hhsrastler92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 566
my dad did have Cherry Bombs on his chevelle bu they were shot so he got sum cheap ones on it now jus so he can take it to shops an stuff
__________________
2007 BMW 328i
2008 Yamaha R6

^My kids^
hhsrastler92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.