Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-16-2005, 05:11 PM   #31
Oomba
Banned
 
Oomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by GonnaDie4TheGov
Driving in a Honda period is a privilage. One that you will never experience b/c your prob some 13 year old who is just learning about cars. Please post a pic of your wonderful car. I have a Accord and i can afford a camera. But your apparently rich and can't afford a simple camera? Wow dude please come up with a better story than that one. Why do so many people lie about their cars? Its not like we care if you drive some pos. We just hate Taurus's

I wouldnt say driving a Honda is a privelage, giving that theyre cheap, slow, and just econoboxes.

I wouldnt take anything ChrisV says for more than a grain of salt, hes been dodging the Ford Probe thread in my signature since I proved him wrong. He cant take it.
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 05:27 PM   #32
hondaman
I drive a Buick.
 
hondaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Somewhere in Alabama
Posts: 1,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba
I wouldnt say driving a Honda is a privelage, giving that theyre cheap, slow, and just econoboxes.

I wouldnt take anything ChrisV says for more than a grain of salt, hes been dodging the Ford Probe thread in my signature since I proved him wrong. He cant take it.
And I won't take anything you say for any value either, because statments like that show you don't know a damn thing.
__________________
hondaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 05:36 PM   #33
Oomba
Banned
 
Oomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaman
And I won't take anything you say for any value either, because statments like that show you don't know a damn thing.

Yep that Accord of yours was sure built for power, huh?
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 05:44 PM   #34
hondaman
I drive a Buick.
 
hondaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Somewhere in Alabama
Posts: 1,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba
Yep that Accord of yours was sure built for power, huh?
And I'm sure that Blazer you own is the height of automotive excitement.
__________________
hondaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 05:54 PM   #35
DP DOGG
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: ohio
Posts: 4
well i'd have to agree on the honda thing, but youve made a very critical error in saying so many good things about the ford taurus. obviously youve completely forgotten about the mid 90's chrysler concorde. i mean its not only a near luxury ride, but if u throw in a carseat and lots of jusk along with the excellent infinity stereo system, youve got a pimp ride, honestly. anyone who agrees with me, help me take down the taurus. CONCORDE FOREVER!!!!!
DP DOGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 05:56 PM   #36
hondaman
I drive a Buick.
 
hondaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Somewhere in Alabama
Posts: 1,432
Any reason you don't like Hondas? Or like most people on here do you just post before you think?
__________________
hondaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 06:02 PM   #37
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaman
And I won't take anything you say for any value either, because statments like that show you don't know a damn thing.

Wait, looking at your quote, is oombah challengine me somewhere? I have him on ignore since the weekend. Arguing with him has become pointless as he is incabable of learning anything since in his short life he learned everything he needed to know by the time he was 5.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 06:05 PM   #38
DP DOGG
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: ohio
Posts: 4
ya i dont like hondas because they arent made in america. BUY AMERICAN!!!!!
DP DOGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 06:13 PM   #39
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP DOGG
ya i dont like hondas because they arent made in america. BUY AMERICAN!!!!!

Now that's just silly. Most modern Hondas sold today are in fact, made in America, with primarily American sourced parts, American labor, and the bulk of the dollars from the sale of said Honda goes directly into the American economy.

Profits? Sent back into R&D and in opening new facilities in the US. Maybe SOME profits go into the pockets of Japanese executives, but that sort of money wouldn't go into the American economy even on the domestic car side. Why worry about the American executive's Villa in Switzerland more than the Japanese executive's condo in Hawaii?
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com

Last edited by ChrisV : 08-16-2005 at 06:57 PM.
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 06:25 PM   #40
DP DOGG
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: ohio
Posts: 4
hey man thanks for settin the record straight i knew sum of that but not all of it. but im just a guy who prolly always drive american cars, but just my preference. anyhow thanks for the info man!!
DP DOGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 06:56 PM   #41
Mx3Kid
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Muskegon, Michigan
Posts: 68
the only good taurus is the SHO model, i believe Yamaha made that motor and which i believe is not a domestic corperation lol. even if it is a SHO the name taurus kills the coolness of the car lol
Mx3Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 07:24 PM   #42
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels
 
jedimario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clemson University
Posts: 2,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mx3Kid
the only good taurus is the SHO model, i believe Yamaha made that motor and which i believe is not a domestic corperation lol. even if it is a SHO the name taurus kills the coolness of the car lol
OK I don't really know anything about it, but I would bet that Ford made an engine to put in thier own car. I guess if Ford owns Yamaha that might be possible, but I don't think they do. In fact I'm pretty sure they don't.
__________________


UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 08:28 PM   #43
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Ford had Yamaha do the development work on the SHO engine, and Yamaha actually did the assembly work. It was originally developed for a Ford/Yamaha joint venture sports car that was cancelled.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 08:59 PM   #44
airmanUSN
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NAS Oceana, virginia
Posts: 232
why did you move this thread to the domestic section. Now instead of just pissing off the import guys he gets to piss off these guys too. just lock this stupid thread or delete it. it wasn't started as a statemnt to a taurus but just to start crap
__________________
airmanUSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 09:38 PM   #45
elchango36
WWJCD
 
elchango36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Last year @ SIUC
Posts: 2,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmanUSN
just lock this stupid thread or delete it. it wasn't started as a statemnt to a taurus but just to start crap

I Agree... its just like Solar's 'Why do people drive Hondas' thread.
__________________
elchango36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.