Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2005, 07:03 PM   #1
patches
CF Newbie

1999 Chysler van stuck window

My 99' Town and Country Limited van driver window only works sporadically going down. Push switch all the way down, aoutomatic setting, and it bbeeeeepppsss 4 or 5 seconds and then the window moves some then more beeping( sqeeling noise) then moves a little more and so on. Is motor dying or bad switch? can someone help?
patches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 10:01 PM   #2
osborste
the canuck tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by patches
My 99' Town and Country Limited van driver window only works sporadically going down. Push switch all the way down, aoutomatic setting, and it bbeeeeepppsss 4 or 5 seconds and then the window moves some then more beeping( sqeeling noise) then moves a little more and so on. Is motor dying or bad switch? can someone help?

bad switch already had to replace mine 99 caravan only the drivers switch went bad but you have to replace as a unit with passangers and back windows switches

without seeing or hearing your problem all i can do is offer advice on what to check
my new toy

<Link removed>......Please read the rules on advertising!
osborste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 12:49 AM   #3
BanffAutoSpa_ap
Pants The Ripper

Location: Southern Alberta Likes:Long walks on the beach.....after anal
could be the window regulator, ive done 3 so far, look for frayed cables or broken plastic pulleys on the regulator, i would test the motor, and switch b4 going in to do the regulator, good guess osborte, but my boss said some good advice to me when i first started that i try to follow, try not to diagnose on past experiance....of course it helps but when it throws you off, it will throw you way off, like i saw 3 rotors on hondas strip out and cause a no start, i went in to check this 4th honda no start thinking it would be the same thing and wasted a half hour when i shoulda started in the begining. K.I.S.S ( not trying to be an ass btw just thought id throw that out ther)
Old 08-17-2005, 01:49 AM   #4
osborste
the canuck tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
could be the window regulator, ive done 3 so far, look for frayed cables or broken plastic pulleys on the regulator, i would test the motor, and switch b4 going in to do the regulator, good guess osborte, but my boss said some good advice to me when i first started that i try to follow, try not to diagnose on past experiance....of course it helps but when it throws you off, it will throw you way off, like i saw 3 rotors on hondas strip out and cause a no start, i went in to check this 4th honda no start thinking it would be the same thing and wasted a half hour when i shoulda started in the begining. K.I.S.S ( not trying to be an ass btw just thought id throw that out ther)

ok so if you can feel the buzzing in the switch change it otherwise start checking other stuff as banff says

without seeing or hearing your problem all i can do is offer advice on what to check
my new toy

<Link removed>......Please read the rules on advertising!
osborste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 01:43 PM   #5
glagon1979
daddy x3

Thumbs up

i work at a salvage yard and i sell the switch and the regulator almost on a daily basis so it could be either of the 2.
glagon1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 01:19 AM   #6
BanffAutoSpa_ap
Pants The Ripper

Location: Southern Alberta Likes:Long walks on the beach.....after anal
got any 79 firebird fenders on the lot? sure could use a set and maybe a front clip off an earlier one? how much would ya charge me to send it t canada?
Old 08-19-2005, 06:20 AM   #7
vmc2
CF Newbie

yeah its the regulator if you can hear the motor working
vmc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 01:28 PM   #8
glagon1979
daddy x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
got any 79 firebird fenders on the lot? sure could use a set and maybe a front clip off an earlier one? how much would ya charge me to send it t canada?

no i dont, they are all pepsi cans by now!!
glagon1979 is offline   Reply With Quote