Quote:
Originally Posted by hhsrastler92
IMO i always thought that the TT's looked like fancier civics bu thats jus IMO
Ya, me too.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 03:56 PM   #18
hhsrastler92
CF's Weekend Warrior

lol when i told my friend thta he got real real mad lol i was like dude thats all they are

^My kids^
hhsrastler92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 04:40 PM   #19
SlipKnoT
The Ultimate Maggot

Im liking that new style. Looks like an A3. Id like it beter if it wasnt a convertible though.

SlipKnoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 04:53 PM   #20
hhsrastler92
CF's Weekend Warrior

I have to say the A3 is one of the only hatchbacks i would drive

^My kids^
Old 08-18-2005, 04:55 PM   #21
SlipKnoT
The Ultimate Maggot

Quote:
What about the Focus ZX3, Focus Saleen, Focus RS (signature), and the Golfs?

Old 08-18-2005, 05:09 PM   #22
hhsrastler92
CF's Weekend Warrior

mayb the golf but other then that i think th 89-93 model mustangs an thats about the only hatches id drive lol

^My kids^
Old 08-18-2005, 06:39 PM   #23
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipKnoT
Im liking that new style. Looks like an A3. Id like it beter if it wasnt a convertible though.
I am sure they will have a Coupe one. They have a coupe version of the current one.

Quote:
Ditto. I hate Fords, so Focus is out of the question. I really love the look of the A3. Plus you can get it with a 3.0 and Quattro. I also like the new shifting system they have on it. (Some form of SMG, the BMW system) It is pretty much a manual, but without a clutch pedal.

Old 08-18-2005, 08:51 PM   #24
VG30DE
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
What about the Focus ZX3, Focus Saleen, Focus RS (signature), and the Golfs?

LOL Saleen Focus. Sounds like me and the mad scientist are gonna have to rip apart the block and replace those piston rings you fried... from RUNNING TOO MUCH NOOOOOSSSSSSSSS. I can't think of any other car that comes stock on the bottle. It might be fun to play Vin Diesel for a day but the car looks kinda like it is straight out of F&F minus some decals. I guess Ford thinks there is no market for an RS, just like there is no market for a Focus2 ?
Old 08-18-2005, 09:02 PM   #25
VG30DE
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
I am sure they will have a Coupe one. They have a coupe version of the current one.

Ditto. I hate Fords, so Focus is out of the question. I really love the look of the A3. Plus you can get it with a 3.0 and Quattro. I also like the new shifting system they have on it. (Some form of SMG, the BMW system) It is pretty much a manual, but without a clutch pedal.

Hold up there. 3.2 with DSG is the combo you are thinking of. DSG is way different from the SMG. DSG has 2 clutches that are automated to oppose each other. One fits inside the other like a donut and a donut hole. One clutch handles 1-3-5 and the other handles 2-4-6-R. It isn't as able to handle the power of the the V8's and other big power engines yet, probably due to the size of the clutches. The advantage like other SMG's is that you have no torque converter so you get ALL of the power. The advantage that Audi has with the DSG is that you never lose the power on the shift because the clutches are switching off and for the brief moment of the shift, you can be using both clutches at the same time (similar to an automatic). Regular SMGs like traditional manual transmissions have a short but significant power loss on the shift. DSG's also shift MUCH faster than any SMG or human can. Single clutch systems (human or computer) are limited to about .3 seconds on the street in the most aggressive of circumstances while the DSG can do it in about .07 seconds at its hardest. All shifts are seemless unlike the SMG. Since it has 2 clutches it can "think ahead" by preselecting the next gear it thinks you will use even dropping 2 or 3 gears at a time isnt a problem for it because of the 2 clutches.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:39 PM   #26
SlipKnoT
The Ultimate Maggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by VG30DE
LOL Saleen Focus. Sounds like me and the mad scientist are gonna have to rip apart the block and replace those piston rings you fried... from RUNNING TOO MUCH NOOOOOSSSSSSSSS. I can't think of any other car that comes stock on the bottle. It might be fun to play Vin Diesel for a day but the car looks kinda like it is straight out of F&F minus some decals. I guess Ford thinks there is no market for an RS, just like there is no market for a Focus2 ?
I think they look awesome. Notice that Ford onlt gets to do stuff with Steeda, Roush, Saleen, and Shelby (with the exception of Dodge).

Those Saleen Focuses also have bigger intake and exhaust valves along with a higher compression ratio.

Old 08-18-2005, 10:56 PM   #27
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
lol when i told my friend thta he got real real mad lol i was like dude thats all they are

And this sort of back and forth is why so many forums are popuated by kids that have opinions, but no actual knowledge behind them...

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 10:58 PM   #28
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
IDitto. I hate Fords, so Focus is out of the question.

And dude, what's with hating a brand? That's just silly. Have you ever driven a Focus on the track? Have you ever driven a SVT Contour?

I mean, having favorites is one thing, but turning down an entire brand for rather specious reasoning is an Oombah or C4 trait...

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 11:14 PM   #29
VG30DE
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
I think they look awesome. Notice that Ford onlt gets to do stuff with Steeda, Roush, Saleen, and Shelby (with the exception of Dodge).

Those Saleen Focuses also have bigger intake and exhaust valves along with a higher compression ratio.

I didn't know that about them, I thought it was boltons with a bottle as far as the engine went. Do they do that with the mustangs too? It doesn't make sense to me to pay so damn much for a N/A V8 from Saleen that has Saleen bodywork when you can have an '03 Cobra or an '05 GT that you mod yourself or just wait for the new Shelby.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:46 AM   #30
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by VG30DE
Hold up there. 3.2 with DSG is the combo you are thinking of. DSG is way different from the SMG. DSG has 2 clutches that are automated to oppose each other. One fits inside the other like a donut and a donut hole. One clutch handles 1-3-5 and the other handles 2-4-6-R. It isn't as able to handle the power of the the V8's and other big power engines yet, probably due to the size of the clutches. The advantage like other SMG's is that you have no torque converter so you get ALL of the power. The advantage that Audi has with the DSG is that you never lose the power on the shift because the clutches are switching off and for the brief moment of the shift, you can be using both clutches at the same time (similar to an automatic). Regular SMGs like traditional manual transmissions have a short but significant power loss on the shift. DSG's also shift MUCH faster than any SMG or human can. Single clutch systems (human or computer) are limited to about .3 seconds on the street in the most aggressive of circumstances while the DSG can do it in about .07 seconds at its hardest. All shifts are seemless unlike the SMG. Since it has 2 clutches it can "think ahead" by preselecting the next gear it thinks you will use even dropping 2 or 3 gears at a time isnt a problem for it because of the 2 clutches.
I know that man. I did not remember the name of the damn system... you obviously could tell what I meant.

ChrisV: I dont constantly block out Fords. I simply dont like them as much as other cars. I dont like Focus's for several reasons (the primary one being that one rolled when the editor of Automobile was driving it= one of the best drivers (or one who drives often, and for a job) cant control it when doing simple driving; I also learned to drive on one, and did not find it... interesting I guess is the word.) When I have an option for a Audi or a Ford, I will most probably choose the Audi. Your SVT Contour is an good car. I like it. They are good cars, but I just do not like Fords much.