Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-21-2005, 10:32 PM   #46
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
I posted both of them to point out how ANY car, even a low slung FWD sport coupe or highly acclaimed RWD driver's car, like the M3, can roll over if you get it into the dirt sideways.

STiMan said the "primary reason" he hates Focuses is that a Focus rolled over when an automobile magazine editor was doing "simple driving." Well, the driver lost control, went sideways into a ditch, and then the car rolled. Since ANY car can do that, then he should logically hate EVERY car for the same reason. Or, equally logically, he should not hate Focuses for THAT reason.

The driver was not an editor, but teh copy chief, Wendy Keebler. We dont' know what her performance driving qulifications are. Regardless, the pickup she was passing started to turn and she swerved hard to avoid it, overcorrected, and lost control. Not the car's fault at all, yet he feels that since teh driver lost controll and rolled it in "simple driving" it's a bad car. Sorry, but that's the kind of limited-information opinion building that plagues people like Oombah and C4... And it has no business coming from the brain of a well rounded automotive enthusiast.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 12:17 AM   #47
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.
 
Zalight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Posts: 2,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
I posted both of them to point out how ANY car, even a low slung FWD sport coupe or highly acclaimed RWD driver's car, like the M3, can roll over if you get it into the dirt sideways.

I know, I just hate seeing an M that has been killed. A part of my soul dies along with it.
__________________
1999 BMW ///M3
Zalight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 12:17 AM   #48
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
I posted both of them to point out how ANY car, even a low slung FWD sport coupe or highly acclaimed RWD driver's car, like the M3, can roll over if you get it into the dirt sideways.

STiMan said the "primary reason" he hates Focuses is that a Focus rolled over when an automobile magazine editor was doing "simple driving." Well, the driver lost control, went sideways into a ditch, and then the car rolled. Since ANY car can do that, then he should logically hate EVERY car for the same reason. Or, equally logically, he should not hate Focuses for THAT reason.

The driver was not an editor, but teh copy chief, Wendy Keebler. We dont' know what her performance driving qulifications are. Regardless, the pickup she was passing started to turn and she swerved hard to avoid it, overcorrected, and lost control. Not the car's fault at all, yet he feels that since teh driver lost controll and rolled it in "simple driving" it's a bad car. Sorry, but that's the kind of limited-information opinion building that plagues people like Oombah and C4... And it has no business coming from the brain of a well rounded automotive enthusiast.
Hey, I didnt remember the details. All I remembered was a Focus rolling over. Thats all I remembered from when I read it several years ago.

Sorry for all the arguement. I dont think that you will be able to get my distaste towards of Fords out of me, atleast not now, so there is no reason to try. I just dont like them very much.
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 11:47 AM   #49
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Sorry for all the arguement. I dont think that you will be able to get my distaste towards of Fords out of me, atleast not now, so there is no reason to try. I just dont like them very much.


Ok, Oombah. "I don't care what the facts are, I have my opinion, and that's good enough for me."
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 04:20 PM   #50
fudge
let's fighting love
 
fudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,003
"and if anyone do things to their car that I don't like then they are stupid"
__________________
fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 05:17 PM   #51
hhsrastler92
CF's Weekend Warrior
 
hhsrastler92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
And this sort of back and forth is why so many forums are popuated by kids that have opinions, but no actual knowledge behind them...

hey chrisV i said "IMO" an i do have actual knowledge behind them ok so **** off dude i mean damn if you dont like it then ignore it quit bein a prick alright buddy i mean just because someone's opinion isn't the same as your doesnt mean you have to go an say shit about it
__________________
2007 BMW 328i
2008 Yamaha R6

^My kids^
hhsrastler92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 07:13 PM   #52
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Ok, Oombah. "I don't care what the facts are, I have my opinion, and that's good enough for me."
Chris you are welcome to say whatever the hell you are going to say. Some day you are just going to have to realise that you cannot take out somethings from people who have been living with it for their entire life. I am not Oombah, and I dont have the same ideals that he does, but from my experience (which I know is no where near as lengthy as yours), Fords have caused me more trouble than other cares. I dont hate them, I just do not like them as other cars. I dont think that at this time, you (or anyone else), can change my opinion on this.
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 10:26 PM   #53
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhsrastler92
hey chrisV i said "IMO" an i do have actual knowledge behind them ok so **** off dude i mean damn if you dont like it then ignore it quit bein a prick alright buddy i mean just because someone's opinion isn't the same as your doesnt mean you have to go an say shit about it

If your opinion is not based on facts, then change it rather than bitch at me for pointing out that it was based on mistaken informtion and assumptions. If your facts are wrong, learn the newq facts rather than bitch that the facts dont' nmatch your OPINIONS.

Dang dude, do you know everything already at 14 that you can't learn anything?

Again, typical f*cking forum kid, and what I bitched about before. I try and give benefit of my 27+ years of driving experience, my direct ownership experience of well over a hundred cars of all nationalities, my years of experience WORKING on cars of all types, racing cars of all types, and nearly a decade of study before THAT, and what I've subsequently learned about cars over the last 35+ years, and you want to argue f*cking opinions????

No, YOU f*ck of, you ignorant little shit. If you don't want to learn anything about cars, go the f*ck home.

__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 10:27 PM   #54
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
On second thought, you're right. Opinions are all that matter. You really don't have to actually know anything. I no longer give a shit if you all want to be closed minded retards. You all said you wanted to actually learn, and to try to be more open minded enthusiasts, but it's all a sham, isn't it? You really don't. You already have formed concrete opinions about everything, and f*ck all if the facts don't f*cking match the opinions. Toss the facts. Opinions are everything.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 10:33 PM   #55
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Chris you are welcome to say whatever the hell you are going to say. Some day you are just going to have to realise that you cannot take out somethings from people who have been living with it for their entire life.

You're right. Only f*cking intelligent people can actually change their opinions when it's proven the "facts" they based them on are mistaken.
It's so f*cking much more important to be closed minded, so you're right. I won't try anymore. You've proven that even the best on this forum are ****ing closed minded shits who would rather bitch about someone showing where their information is wrong than actually TRY to f*cking learn.

You guys might as well be saying this: "I don't care WHAT the facts are, or what you show me, I'm too f*cking stupid to let go if the misinformation I had, and I don't want to anyhow. I realize it might be wrong, but it's more important to have the opinion I've lived with, than actually TRY to learn anything. And it's more important to bitch about it when those facts are proven wrong."

Go ahead. Have a nice f*cking closed minded life. It's what people here are f*cking best at.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 01:25 AM   #56
importluva
Obsessed with imports
 
importluva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by VG30DE
(Thank you Mazda for setting the bar).

teh f_ck? What are you talking about? You better have a good explanation...
__________________
AJ
BB6
FC3S
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 05:02 PM   #57
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
You're right. Only f*cking intelligent people can actually change their opinions when it's proven the "facts" they based them on are mistaken.
It's so f*cking much more important to be closed minded, so you're right. I won't try anymore. You've proven that even the best on this forum are ****ing closed minded shits who would rather bitch about someone showing where their information is wrong than actually TRY to f*cking learn.

You guys might as well be saying this: "I don't care WHAT the facts are, or what you show me, I'm too f*cking stupid to let go if the misinformation I had, and I don't want to anyhow. I realize it might be wrong, but it's more important to have the opinion I've lived with, than actually TRY to learn anything. And it's more important to bitch about it when those facts are proven wrong."

Go ahead. Have a nice f*cking closed minded life. It's what people here are f*cking best at.

Jezus Chris! Dont destroy yourself about this. You have taught me certainly to accept Fords. Jeez, before you started talking to me about this, I couldnt stand them (hence my rash comments that put me on probation..). You do alot for this community, and you certianly help others.

Fine Chris, I most certainly have to say that I have grown to repect Ford more and more here (certainly with your help).
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 08:15 PM   #58
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Jezus Chris! Dont destroy yourself about this. You have taught me certainly to accept Fords. Jeez, before you started talking to me about this, I couldnt stand them (hence my rash comments that put me on probation..). You do alot for this community, and you certianly help others.

Fine Chris, I most certainly have to say that I have grown to repect Ford more and more here (certainly with your help).

Chris has been on a PMS spree as of late (dont know why). I would just ignore most of posts until he calms the hell down.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 08:17 PM   #59
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
You're right. Only f*cking intelligent people can actually change their opinions when it's proven the "facts" they based them on are mistaken.
It's so f*cking much more important to be closed minded, so you're right. I won't try anymore. You've proven that even the best on this forum are ****ing closed minded shits who would rather bitch about someone showing where their information is wrong than actually TRY to f*cking learn.

You guys might as well be saying this: "I don't care WHAT the facts are, or what you show me, I'm too f*cking stupid to let go if the misinformation I had, and I don't want to anyhow. I realize it might be wrong, but it's more important to have the opinion I've lived with, than actually TRY to learn anything. And it's more important to bitch about it when those facts are proven wrong."

Go ahead. Have a nice f*cking closed minded life. It's what people here are f*cking best at.

It gets us all mad Chris but you need to take it down a notch, regain your composure buddy
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 08:27 PM   #60
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
Chris has been on a PMS spree as of late (dont know why). I would just ignore most of posts until he calms the hell down.
Roger. Thanks man...
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.