Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2005, 07:41 AM   #1
zzachattack2
Banned

'99 Saturn SL2 Odd Electrical No-Start

Well today after the long process of installing a completly new stereo system, i discovered that my car wouldn't start. I put the keys in the ignition, pushed in the clutch, and tried to start the car, but nothing happens. The engine doesn't even try to crank. All i hear is a relay behind my head-unit switch when i turn the keys. I know that the ignition power is working because when i turn the keys my amps/head-unit/etc turn on, but it won't start.

I looked through every fuse in the fuse box, none were blown. I also wondered if it may have something to do with the clutch, because when i try to start the car, it does the exact same thing as if i tried starting it without pushing in the clutch. Might the switch on the clutch be faulty? Any Ideas? Thanks.

One more thing... on the initial installation of the stereo i accidently Mixed up the remote-on and ground wires on the back of the stereo. When i started the ignition i was then taking +12v from the battery and grounding it at the ignition, might that have something to do with my problems?
zzachattack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 04:08 PM   #2
glagon1979
daddy x3

One more thing... on the initial installation of the stereo i accidently Mixed up the remote-on and ground wires on the back of the stereo. When i started the ignition i was then taking +12v from the battery and grounding it at the ignition, might that have something to do with my problems?[/quote]

id check that first
glagon1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 01:43 AM   #3
BanffAutoSpa_ap
Pants The Ripper

Location: Southern Alberta Likes:Long walks on the beach.....after anal
most likely that last thing you touched, maybe burnt a wire, or stuck a relay or cooked the ignition switch,lol good luck