Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2008, 02:26 AM   #31
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdrose18
I've read this one a few times, and it still amazes me how pathetic some people are. What is even more amazing is when you view who's online, there is almost always one of the spiders viewing this thread. I wonder how many people Google "cavalier supercharger"

Probably quite a few cause I know GM used to (not sure if they make it anymore) a supercharger kit for the cavalier.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:09 AM   #32
kj21
Banned

Cheap gas....

$3.00 is cheap gas... where can I get some?
kj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:12 AM   #33
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj21
$3.00 is cheap gas... where can I get some?
Buy a Chrysler lol. They got that $2.99 gas deal or something.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:48 PM   #34
bullrage2003
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Buy a Chrysler lol. They got that $2.99 gas deal or something.

Yes, but then you are paying way to much on a car that will be worth nothing in 3 years. chryslers are junk, would never buy one just to get cheaper gas, that STILL isnt cheap
Old 07-11-2008, 03:53 AM   #35
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrage2003
Yes, but then you are paying way to much on a car that will be worth nothing in 3 years. chryslers are junk, would never buy one just to get cheaper gas, that STILL isnt cheap
Yah and a taurus is much better, and dont worry I work on those cars all day so nothing you can say will change my mind.

Although almost any car that is PROPERLY maintained will last a LONG LONG time the problem is people live outside their means and they either buy cars they can make the payments on but not afford maintenace, or they dont give a shit, or they are just to damn cheap.

People dont understand that yah 400 bucks here for preventative maintenace may seem bad now, but leave it, let somethign big fail and then its gonna be more. Or look at it this way, Keep a car in great shape and keep it til its paid off, then you have a car in great shape with no payments, just some up0keep here and there, is cheaper than upkeep and a new car payment.

And from my experience cars that nickel and dime people are more often than not the product of bad maintenace, some cars are excpetions though.

I have learned this first hand from working in the shop and the cars I grew up around.

My mom bought a 1995 dodge ram in 95 and 12 years later it had 31X,XXX miles and it ran like a DAMN champ. Stock tranny, stock engine stocke everything. The onyl thing we had to do besides regular mainteance was replace the exhaust and put a set of lifters in it when one of the collapsed at about 200K miles.

Then my pops bought a year or two old suburban in 98, me and him went through it and changed all the fluids hoses and any wear items, to the point were it was almost a brand new truck and then he just kept up his regular maintance, and in 2006 it had 290,000 miles and still ran awesome until a fence t-boned me haha. Stock tranny but rebuilt engine (just because my dad wanted more hp though)
Old 07-11-2008, 04:16 AM   #36
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrage2003
Ignorance, ignorance, and more ignorance. Let me guess, you don't have anything to back your claims up with, but your mom had one and the engine blew, which makes all Chryslers junk.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 06:49 AM   #37
02cavvyz24
CF Newbie

hey dont be knocking on cavaliers...i got a 2002 z24 5spd 4 dor and runs 15's and i have the slips to prove it...bone stock. and i wish i could throw a cobalt supercharger on it...but i still think there will be alot of bullshit to go through in order to do it
02cavvyz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:34 AM   #38
DARKtEAGLE
CF Addict

god i hate j-bodies

92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature
DARKtEAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:16 PM   #39
cav_rider666
CF Newbie

I agree with z24cavy99

The Supercharger found in the Cobalt SS could not be used with the 2.2L Ecotec as the Supercharger is for a 2.0L ecotec. I have seen some aftermarket kits for the 2.4L OHC ("Quad 4").
cav_rider666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:23 PM   #40
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

welcome back to a question that was asked 3 years ago...

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:26 PM   #41
dmi motorsports
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by z24cavy99
yep and I can prove it my 2.4 will blow the doors off a SS supercharged cobalt!!!

lmao ok look love the gm products however idt cavalier can beat or keep up wit cobalt ss i had the cavalier n have the ss n no way n sides my ss keeps up wit my dads vette n beats friends 08 gt mustang n i got intake torque damper short shifter muffler n i tuned it wit hp tunners n my cousins smokes vettes n gtos n all he has all bolt ons around n does mid 13's
dmi motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:25 AM   #42
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmi motorsports
lmao ok look love the gm products however idt cavalier can beat or keep up wit cobalt ss i had the cavalier n have the ss n no way n sides my ss keeps up wit my dads vette n beats friends 08 gt mustang n i got intake torque damper short shifter muffler n i tuned it wit hp tunners n my cousins smokes vettes n gtos n all he has all bolt ons around n does mid 13's
haha you sound like me when i first came here.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:14 AM   #43
soicybaby23
CF Newbie

1997 cavalier

hey im lookin int buying a 97 cavalier its not the z24 or anything special its a 5 speed and the 2 door model im not sure what engine it has and i was just wondering what would be the best way to make it faster i ordered an intake for it and cosmetic stuff but idk what to do with the engine
soicybaby23 is offline   Reply With Quote