Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2006, 08:07 AM   #1
Chopsui
CF Newbie

interior led lights.

I finally got a car you guys :P . I got an '04 Corolla S and I wanted to put in some blue LED lights to match the outside, I was wondering if these lights have a special name, I wantto put them like above where your feet rest so they make your feel glow. If its not too troublesome, can someone link me to a product.
Chopsui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 03:06 PM   #2
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopsui
I finally got a car you guys :P . I got an '04 Corolla S and I wanted to put in some blue LED lights to match the outside, I was wondering if these lights have a special name, I wantto put them like above where your feet rest so they make your feel glow. If its not too troublesome, can someone link me to a product.
If its not too troublesom and costly (seeing you get good gas milage) go to the nearest pep boys or auto zone or advance auto, and they are called neon tubes. Look for the 10" or 12" ones. Measure if they will fit, then drill some holes and mount them. Its a pointless mod, I had it
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 03:58 PM   #3
Chopsui
CF Newbie

You didnt think that mod was worth it? What other mods do you recommend that I can put in/on my car? I'm pretty new to modding. Thanks for all the help
Old 02-23-2006, 05:04 PM   #4
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
You didnt think that mod was worth it? What other mods do you recommend that I can put in/on my car? I'm pretty new to modding. Thanks for all the help
All depends what you are going for? Speed? Style? My dad drives an 05 so I can give you measurements of what will and wont fit

Old 02-23-2006, 06:09 PM   #5
Erdrickk
CF Enthusiast

Put some cool stickers on, they will make your car FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, neon tubes are somewhat corny but they look pretty neat at night time. I have two 12" tubes, one under driver side and one under passenger side dash. They are Blue and also have strobe lights in them. Kinda gives you that Night Rider look hehe. When the die out I wont get any more, they are kind of a novelty thing...
Erdrickk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 07:24 PM   #6
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdrickk
Put some cool stickers on, they will make your car FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, neon tubes are somewhat corny but they look pretty neat at night time. I have two 12" tubes, one under driver side and one under passenger side dash. They are Blue and also have strobe lights in them. Kinda gives you that Night Rider look hehe. When the die out I wont get any more, they are kind of a novelty thing...
I gave mine away but miss them. My car is darker at night now because the tint doesnt let a lot of light in, so it would be hot.

Old 02-23-2006, 07:29 PM   #7
Erdrickk
CF Enthusiast

and one more thing, if you get the neon tubes DONT DRILL THEM IN!!! If you remove them one day, you are left with holes...real nice

I use this double sided sticky tape stuff, Usually comes in a small roll with red plastic on one side that you have to peel off. I have had them stuck for a year with this stuff and its still strong
Erdrickk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:31 PM   #8
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdrickk
and one more thing, if you get the neon tubes DONT DRILL THEM IN!!! If you remove them one day, you are left with holes...real nice

I use this double sided sticky tape stuff, Usually comes in a small roll with red plastic on one side that you have to peel off. I have had them stuck for a year with this stuff and its still strong
It didnt work for me. Buy some velcro to hold them in place.

Old 02-24-2006, 03:01 AM   #9
Chopsui
CF Newbie

thanks yeah i was just looking to give it a cooler look, i dont want to up the hp i love the mileage. thanks for the ideas though i decided to pass on the tubing for now, might change my mind later. sticker comment can rot in hell.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:29 AM   #10
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
thanks yeah i was just looking to give it a cooler look, i dont want to up the hp i love the mileage. thanks for the ideas though i decided to pass on the tubing for now, might change my mind later. sticker comment can rot in hell.
Need any other help?

Old 02-24-2006, 05:26 AM   #11
Golddragoner
CF Enthusiast

I didn't want to pay that much for neon tubes or LED tubes to put in my car...so I just bought 100x 5000mcd Red LED's and some wire. I wired up the whole thing and placed them all over my car. Lights it up probably better than those tubes, draws very little power, and I covered my entire car with only 50 of them...Still have to get around fixing the passenger side though (it fell down)
Golddragoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 06:44 AM   #12
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddragoner
I didn't want to pay that much for neon tubes or LED tubes to put in my car...so I just bought 100x 5000mcd Red LED's and some wire. I wired up the whole thing and placed them all over my car. Lights it up probably better than those tubes, draws very little power, and I covered my entire car with only 50 of them...Still have to get around fixing the passenger side though (it fell down)

Oh God, I have to see this....
Old 02-24-2006, 06:48 AM   #13
Chopsui
CF Newbie

Well I did have one other question, its not about modding, but when I test drove the car I bought, i noticed the gas pedal was a little bit wiggly, its undergoing maintainence to get toyota certified and I mentioned to the guy I wanted to have that fixed, he said he doesnt knwo if its fixable or not, do you guys think its fixable its annoying that the pedal jiggles.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:49 AM   #14
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:
Well I did have one other question, its not about modding, but when I test drove the car I bought, i noticed the gas pedal was a little bit wiggly, its undergoing maintainence to get toyota certified and I mentioned to the guy I wanted to have that fixed, he said he doesnt knwo if its fixable or not, do you guys think its fixable its annoying that the pedal jiggles.

I would imagine its just a screw that needs to be tightened, see if you can follow the pedal and find where the loose point is.

If not, something is worn and needs to be replaced. Sorry I can't give you a better answer than that.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:55 PM   #15
Golddragoner
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
Oh God, I have to see this....

I would take a picture but it really doesn't show up on camera's, you pretty much have to be there to see it. None of the wires can be seen (mostly under the carpet and shoved up into the dash/taped to the bottom of the seat) If you didn't look for it you would never even know that its there
Golddragoner is offline   Reply With Quote