FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 03:29 PM   #31
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
He'll know when a car 'floats' past him at idle
Not the dumb ass cops around here. I was going on the boulevard, and there was a cop behind me. Some dude blew the red when the people were turning left, he just went straight through. Cop did NOT say a word.
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

Old 02-07-2006, 03:34 PM   #32
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Not the dumb ass cops around here. I was going on the boulevard, and there was a cop behind me. Some dude blew the red when the people were turning left, he just went straight through. Cop did NOT say a word.
Some Cops just dont like paperwork.....most Cops like to do things by the book....unfortunately!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Old 02-07-2006, 05:44 PM   #33
Golddragoner
CF Enthusiast

They can tell because the car doesn't speed up or slow down very fast but has suttle changes. The cop probably didn't pull him over cuz he was pre-occupied...I passed someone over a double-solid line and went 80 in a park zone right in front of a cop (he was goin the other way) ...never did a damn thing
Old 02-07-2006, 08:56 PM   #34
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddragoner
They can tell because the car doesn't speed up or slow down very fast but has suttle changes. The cop probably didn't pull him over cuz he was pre-occupied...I passed someone over a double-solid line and went 80 in a park zone right in front of a cop (he was goin the other way) ...never did a damn thing
Because they dont care. He was probbably busy eating a donut

Old 02-08-2006, 04:04 AM   #35
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:
He'll know when a car 'floats' past him at idle

You're joking right? If a cop could give you a fine or conviction or whatever the penalty because he thought he didn't hear your engine revving, then quite frankly the cops own us, and our rights have gone to hell.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:13 AM   #36
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
ummm just to let you guys know, in most places it is ILLEGAL to coast in neutral when driving. If a cop catches you then you are in bit trouble. But really, unless you are driving manual don't shift to neutral (on a manual its almost like holding the clutch in but it doesn't heat up the bearings...also rev then engine a bit before you put it in gear to reduce the strain on the tranny). Auto should never be put into neutral when driving (of course unless something very bad happens to it). Use common sense when doing stuff like this. Sure you may save a tiny bit of money doing this, but is it worth the risk? I mean how fast can you get out of the way of someone coming at you if your car is in neutral? often there is only seconds to react...and if you have to go back into gear you lose precious time
More of your mindless drivel. Why are you still even posting here? Use some common sense before posting in the future... or better yet, think, type, submit.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

Old 02-08-2006, 04:21 AM   #37
Mathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
More of your mindless drivel. Why are you still even posting here? Use some common sense before posting in the future... or better yet, think, type, submit.

Care to discredit his points individually, or are we to just believe that you are correct because you have established yourself as the all knowledgable one?
Old 02-08-2006, 04:26 AM   #38
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
Care to discredit his points individually, or are we to just believe that you are correct because you have established yourself as the all knowledgable one?
I choose B because I simply don't have time for A. How's about this? HE made the statements, let HIM back them up. We can start with a link to the state highway code that says driving in neutral is illegal and go from there.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 02-08-2006, 04:27 AM   #39
Mathew

Quote:
I choose B because I simply don't have time for A. How's about this? HE made the statements, let HIM back them up. We can start with a link to the state highway code that says driving in neutral is illegal and go from there.

Very well.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:25 AM   #40
Golddragoner
CF Enthusiast

Quote:

Hell if I know what the link is...but a police officer told me himself that it is illegal to coast in neutral because you do not have full control of the car. It is actually illegal to lose control of the car in most places or even a little bit
Old 02-08-2006, 05:33 AM   #41
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Hell if I know what the link is...but a police officer told me himself that it is illegal to coast in neutral because you do not have full control of the car. It is actually illegal to lose control of the car in most places or even a little bit
Blah, blah, blah, BULLSH*T. If you have nothing useful to say, which is painfully obvious, STFU.

Old 02-08-2006, 03:21 PM   #42
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
You're joking right? If a cop could give you a fine or conviction or whatever the penalty because he thought he didn't hear your engine revving, then quite frankly the cops own us, and our rights have gone to hell.

Quote:
So, erm......In the first quote what you are bassically sayin is that it's not illegal to 'coast' because the Police kinda have no way of telling whether or not you're in neutral. Yet in the second quote you're saying that it is infact illegal, as you are asking hobo to tell us what he's going on about?....KJust the way it looks from here

Oh yeah.....and really, it aint possible to drive in neutral, because eventually you'll stop lol

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Old 02-08-2006, 07:38 PM   #43
newyorker
MXman

I see hobo is back in business.

Old 02-09-2006, 12:13 PM   #44
strewart
CF Newbie

Quote:
Oh yeah.....and really, it aint possible to drive in neutral, because eventually you'll stop lol

Down a hill... And remember, the engine acts as a break so when you first switch to neutral from gear you actually speed up.

Quote:
it's perfectly legal in all 50 states (even New Jersey) to have your car in Neutral at a stop light. In most states, it IS illegal to COAST in Neutral when the car is moving. THEN the car could be considered out of control. For one thing, the car could stall (causing you to lose your power steering and power brakes) and you'd never even know it

Link.

I really have no idea how they would actually police it though.. I guess theres not much they can do except tell people not to do it.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:09 PM   #45
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
it's perfectly legal in all 50 states (even New Jersey) to have your car in Neutral at a stop light. In most states, it IS illegal to COAST in Neutral when the car is moving. THEN the car could be considered out of control. For one thing, the car could stall (causing you to lose your power steering and power brakes) and you'd never even know it
How do you you stall a car when rolling in neutral. Also how is the power steering disabled. Youre kidding right?

Closed Thread