Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 03:09 PM   #46
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by strewart
Down a hill... And remember, the engine acts as a break so when you first switch to neutral from gear you actually speed up.
All hills have to end!.....

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Old 02-09-2006, 03:22 PM   #47
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
How do you you stall a car when rolling in neutral. Also how is the power steering disabled. Youre kidding right?
I don't agree with his theory, but at least he's smart enough to understand how a car operates... Unlike you. Spend less time trying to sound smart and more time thinking. You just might find you'll spend less of your life being called names like dumbass.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

Old 02-09-2006, 03:37 PM   #48
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
I don't agree with his theory, but at least he's smart enough to understand how a car operates... Unlike you. Spend less time trying to sound smart and more time thinking. You just might find you'll spend less of your life being called names like dumbass.
Im smart enough to know that when in neutral, a car doesnt stall, and power steering does NOT disengage!
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

Old 02-09-2006, 03:40 PM   #49
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
He spends his time thinking? Did you swallow some 40 or what. He said something that is absolutely wrong, and you come at me. If youre so smart, and discredit my view, then why not prove me wrong. Prove how power steering is deactivated when you are in neutral, and how the car stalls. I already know what answer I will get. "Im too busy and important to answer that."
Dumbass. You're so predictable. What drives the power steering pump on most cars Twinkie? The engine. If the engine stalls, the power steering pump ceases to operate and you now have no power steering. Is that simple enough for you, Simpleton?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 02-09-2006, 03:50 PM   #50
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Dumbass. You're so predictable. What drives the power steering pump on most cars Twinkie? The engine. If the engine stalls, the power steering pump ceases to operate and you now have no power steering. Is that simple enough for you, Simpleton?
Very nicely said. But youre forgetting something. DRIVING IN NEUTRAL DOENST STALL THE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-09-2006, 04:00 PM   #51
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Very nicely said. But youre forgetting something. DRIVING IN NEUTRAL DOENST STALL THE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't recall anywhere at anytime that anybody said that it did. I think if you pull your head out of your ass and read the post, you'll find that they said it could. Those little letters add up to be words, and words mean things Twinkie. Get over yourself and go back to your advanced ass picking for idiots class.

DUMBASS!

Old 02-09-2006, 04:39 PM   #52
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
I think what hobo is trying to say is that the word 'stall' doesn't have to be associated with dipping the clutch and letting it up too quickly causing the engine to stall. Instead, if the engine just cuts out for whatever reason, it's classed as stalling....Or atleast that's the way I've always looked at it...Who knows, maybe I'm wrong, too lol

I think that's how the perevious poster was viewing it, too!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Last edited by Cliffy : 02-09-2006 at 04:57 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:11 PM   #53
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
I don't recall anywhere at anytime that anybody said that it did. I think if you pull your head out of your ass and read the post, you'll find that they said it could. Those little letters add up to be words, and words mean things Twinkie. Get over yourself and go back to your advanced ass picking for idiots class.

DUMBASS!
Quote:
it's perfectly legal in all 50 states (even New Jersey) to have your car in Neutral at a stop light. In most states, it IS illegal to COAST in Neutral when the car is moving. THEN the car could be considered out of control. For one thing, the car could stall (causing you to lose your power steering and power brakes) and you'd never even know it
Are you inept, or just a ****ing hobo. "When moving" and then "car could stall" and hes talking about "moving in neutral". Get my drift yet dipshit?

Old 02-09-2006, 06:12 PM   #54
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I think what hobo is trying to say is that the word 'stall' doesn't have to be associated with dipping the clutch and letting it up too quickly causing the engine to stall. Instead, if the engine just cuts out for whatever reason, it's classed as stalling....Or atleast that's the way I've always looked at it...Who knows, maybe I'm wrong, too lol

I think that's how the perevious poster was viewing it, too!
There is NO reason that A car would stall when in neutral gear, moving or otherwise.

Old 02-09-2006, 06:26 PM   #55
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
There is NO reason that A car would stall when in neutral gear, moving or otherwise.
Dumbass. Go to the R&M section and start reading about cars that stall in neutral. It happens all the time. If you can't admit that to yourself, then you're even more useless than you've ever been given credit for. Shut up now and stop collecting dipsh*t points.

Old 02-10-2006, 12:18 AM   #56
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Dumbass. Go to the R&M section and start reading about cars that stall in neutral. It happens all the time. If you can't admit that to yourself, then you're even more useless than you've ever been given credit for. Shut up now and stop collecting dipsh*t points.
I really love your sense of humor. OK then, since I am wrong, and you are right, would you care to explain WHY this happens....if you yourself know.

Old 02-10-2006, 12:23 AM   #57
Wally
I Know More Than You

I would have thought cars are far more likely to stall at idle than, say, when compression breaking down a hill.

For instance let's say you have a carby engine and you are going down a steep incline in neutral and the fuel splashes into the bowl vents as you apply the brakes .... the fuel goes down the gullet..... what do you think might happen? Or let's say you have an EFI or carby engine and a near empty tank and you're coasting down a hill...... the engine dies, you panic, apply the brakes couple of times, they then go hard through loss of vacuum, you panic some more, .....
Old 02-10-2006, 01:12 AM   #58
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
I would have thought cars are far more likely to stall at idle than, say, when compression breaking down a hill.

For instance let's say you have a carby engine and you are going down a steep incline in neutral and the fuel splashes into the bowl vents as you apply the brakes .... the fuel goes down the gullet..... what do you think might happen? Or let's say you have an EFI or carby engine and a near empty tank and you're coasting down a hill...... the engine dies, you panic, apply the brakes couple of times, they then go hard through loss of vacuum, you panic some more, .....
Boy would your face be red then
Old 02-10-2006, 04:10 AM   #59
Wally
I Know More Than You

Yes, pedagogy the hard way.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:49 AM   #60
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Ok, I'll rephrase it for you. When the engine cuts out....the car has stalled, there could be all manor of reasons WHY the engine cut out. I think you're just associating stalling with it's most common meaning. To physically stall the engine, using the clutch...

Closed Thread