CF Enthusiast

Where is this Cera from?
sandlercd_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 09:05 PM   #47
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

so...The flaming done?

Yes...Okay.

AJ, If you think that what you go through is bad, its even worse for me. Deuchbags in civics and cavvys that think their car is the shit, funnily enough, don't seem to know JACK about BMWs and thus, whenever they come up to me they think for wahatever reason that my car is slow.

Then, I have to go ahead and beat them senseless.

One thing I do like about it though, is that sometimes its fun to make fun of how slow they are. One time I was driving to my friends house and some retard in his old school maxima pulled up alongside me as I was humming along, and suddenly his car gets louder and he starts inching forward. Which I honestly didn't realize was him trying to race me until he pulled in front of me and turned on his hazards. So I, proceeded to down shift and pass him on the right in order to show him, just for his knowledge, what a fast car looks like when it goes forward. Because if he thought his shit was fast he was obviously misinformed at some point.

But the greatest thing evr happened, as I passed his girlfriendwatched me fly by, and once he finally caught up (2 blocks later) she was laughing at her boyfriend. Then his car got louder again, and I realized he was trying to race me, so With out even downshifting I started tapping the gas so my car lurched forward ahead of him everytime he started pulling up to me. The whole time I was just looking at him out the window smiling. His girlfriend was cracking up, he was pissed and I was laughing my ass off.

So we eventually hit a red, and I say to the guy "nice car, what do you have done?" He didn't say anything but he looked forward and frowned, his girlfriend still laughing, says "not much" So I said "obviously, You know if you ever want to ride in a car that actually has some power, call me at XXX-XXXX"
"hahaha, i'll do that"

She never did, but It made me feel good to know that I hurt a ricers manhood.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:28 PM   #48
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlercd_22
Where is this Cera from?

New Orleans, she is Synthetic Trust
Old 08-23-2005, 10:37 PM   #49
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
I hate to say it but most Japanese cars are far more reliable than the average American car (mostly).
Whoa, now, not true. Your average American car is very reliable. Problem is, they have developed a bad reputation in previous years and every problem they have is looked upon much more harshly than your average import. Good example is my Grandparents 96 Aurora that they recently sold. 9 years old, and that car rarely, if ever, went into the shop or had any maintainance whatsoever. My grandparents just aren't car oriented people. But that car lasted those 9 years without a single problem, breakdown or anything. After 9 years without an oil change, it has begun to smoke somewhat, but that is all. Now if that isn't a testimony to the reliablility and quality of an American car, you'd be hard pressed to find one.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:58 PM   #50
Oomba
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaman
Hmm...I think the NSX with a VTEC is beating quite a few V8's out there, actually...and the S2000.

People that buy NSXs usually dont think that way. I hate the NSX because its severely overpriced. 90,000 for a V6 supercar? No way in hell.

I'm talking about the Civic/Accord drivers that slap a CAI and 4" muffler and "are gonna turbo it soon" that think they own the road.

And for god sakes, dont bring up 6 second Civics. NOTHING is stock on those vehicles.
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 12:00 AM   #51
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba
And for god sakes, dont bring up 6 second Civics. NOTHING is stock on those vehicles.

OH BOB SAGET!!
They are still Civics
Old 08-24-2005, 12:02 AM   #52
Oomba
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
OH BOB SAGET!!
They are still Civics

I guess all the funny car dragsters that run 4's and 5's count as what car they share only the shell with then, too.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:03 AM   #53
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
I guess all the funny car dragsters that run 4's and 5's count as what car they share only the shell with then, too.

Still, its still a Civic
Old 08-24-2005, 12:09 AM   #54
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Quote:
I'm talking about the Civic/Accord drivers that slap a CAI and 4" muffler and "are gonna turbo it soon" that think they own the road.
So what? Is this any different from select Cavaliers, Focuses (not ZX-3), Corollas, Camrys, 626s, Neons, etc that are seen running around with bodykits, fartcans, and not a damn thing under the hood? Yet those seem to go unnoticed and unbitched. I am so goddamn tired of one brand being blamed for an entire fad. Get the hell over it.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:11 AM   #55
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Whoa, now, not true. Your average American car is very reliable. Problem is, they have developed a bad reputation in previous years and every problem they have is looked upon much more harshly than your average import. Good example is my Grandparents 96 Aurora that they recently sold. 9 years old, and that car rarely, if ever, went into the shop or had any maintainance whatsoever. My grandparents just aren't car oriented people. But that car lasted those 9 years without a single problem, breakdown or anything. After 9 years without an oil change, it has begun to smoke somewhat, but that is all. Now if that isn't a testimony to the reliablility and quality of an American car, you'd be hard pressed to find one.
I said average and mostly, not all. There are several reliable American cars out there, but on average, they arent. I am not dissing all American cars, just a good amount of them.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 01:14 AM   #56
importluva
Obsessed with imports

Im not trying to diss on every honda owner. My problem is not with people like SyntheticTrust who have little interest in their car apart from going from point A to point B. My problem is with people who try to turbo their front wheel drive econo sedans and then proceed to race every car on the road. I only ask that people drive their cars in the way they were meant/designed to be driven.
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 01:25 AM   #57
importluva
Obsessed with imports

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge
Dude why let what others do to their own car get on your nerves?

Wow, another Oomba in the making. People swap engines or turbocharge them in their cars because they can. They do it for the fun of it and it's so sad that you can't accept this and that you end up bitching about it on a car forum.

And I love this quote from the website you give:

So how come Honda dealers in england has it?

To answer your first question: They endanger me and the drivers around me.

Most don't know anything about what turbocharging does to their cars. Cars have multiple dimensions, turbocharging is only one. A car first has to be able to handle the added power, incl. brakes, suspension, aerodynamics, tires, and saftey feature upgrades that need to be done. On a car like the S2000 which is already been designed to take such abuse, turbocharging has less sideaffects, but on a car like a civic, things get very complicated. Most owners of civics/accords/what-have-you think slapping a turbo on will do the trick but thats not the case.

As for swapping engines, it pains me to see a h22 in anything other than a prelude. My reason for having a prelude is because of its unique engine, its beautiful design, and my car's color. Without these, the prelude is just like any civic.

The article i posted simply for amusement since it has to do with the topic at hand.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:35 AM   #58
importluva
Obsessed with imports

Quote:
I sense this thread is going to be filled with many an ignorant post...

And I disagree with your platform argument. They are cheap, and so are parts. Maybe not the best racer for a real, well budgeted professional, but for someone who wants a cheap, tuneable ride, they do well. Keep in mind many other cars were intended to be economy cars, but yet people have modified them into something quite fast on the track.

It's the attitude that's the problem. Not the cars.

I can think of several domestics that are incredibly cheap to modify, repair, service, search and buy, etc. Cheap tunable rides don't have to be civics, and imo, shouldn't be.

A good platform is very important, for the reasons i underlined in one of my posts above. Far fewer essential modifications need to be made in a platform built for turbo applications or 'go fast'. Take for example the Lancer Evolution. It was designed to go fast, handle rough terrain, handle inclement weather, handle high power levels. The engine, brakes, suspension, transmission, aerodynamics, etc. have all been designed and put in the car specifically with those purposes in mind.

In concise terms, a turbo application has to be done correctly in order to make high hp cars even reasonably controllable. What does this say about your everyday civics?
Old 08-24-2005, 01:45 AM   #59
Oomba
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
Still, its still a Civic

So its really nothing worth bragging about, because there are Mustangs and GTOs out there running 4s.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:01 AM   #60
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
So its really nothing worth bragging about, because there are Mustangs and GTOs out there running 4s.