Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2005, 03:03 AM   #1
1/4Drag_05
CF Newbie

Ok, newb question

Ok, i got a newb question. I'm workin on a car right now, and one of my friends told me that I should install a nitrous purge system in it, as a show off thing, and to expieriment with it. I've nvr seen someone with a nitrous purge installed in their car, so idk whats possible. If it is possible, i'd like to know how it might b done. If anyone has any idea, plz let me know.
1/4Drag_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 08:16 AM   #2
djtechsta
CF Newbie

although I'm not sure how to do it, there's usually one of three places to install a purge system. The most common place to install it is right where your washer spray mounts are, only the thing about that is almost every singler person with a purge system installs it there, so there isn't anything of a uniqueness factor there. If you want to do something more unique, go with either a 2Fast 2Furious wheel purge seen at the very beginning of the movie, or do a frontal fan grill purge system. Personally I'd recommend a dual frontal purge system as with the right body kit, hood and paint job you can really show off the purge system as it would almost make your car look like a bull flaring it's nose or something along those lines. For installation tips, just do a search on the web for nitrous purge installation and you should be able to find a thing or two about it

below are 3 basic examples of what a nos purge will look like:
Wheel Purge

Washer Spray Purge

Frontal NOS purge

Last edited by djtechsta : 08-28-2005 at 08:26 AM.
djtechsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 10:33 AM   #3
sandlercd_22
CF Enthusiast

Doesnt a purge waste nitrous? I thought it was like shooting it strait out of the car instead of too the motor. Why waste horsepower on looks when you could save it to beat the guy and than showoff on how you won.
sandlercd_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 05:53 PM   #4
1/4Drag_05
CF Newbie

Quote:
Doesnt a purge waste nitrous? I thought it was like shooting it strait out of the car instead of too the motor. Why waste horsepower on looks when you could save it to beat the guy and than showoff on how you won.

Yea, u got a really good point there. It's almost sensless to install, but i'm just trying to expieriment on it, it is a waste to use.
Old 08-28-2005, 06:21 PM   #5
1/4Drag_05
CF Newbie

Accually, i take that back. I did some more research and found out something. Nitrous Oxide is usually a gas, and intended to be that way, but when exposed to heat, it expieriences a phase change. (like in paintball with CO2 tanks and liquid CO2) This phase change causes a decrease in preformance of the NOS. Purging stops the delay of the NOS, and makes it run smoothly.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:18 AM   #6
djtechsta
CF Newbie

as well, you don't have to link your nitrous purger to the same one you use for racing, just add another tank for strict nitrous purging, you would have to do a little bit more wiring and running of valves, but that way you wouldn't actually have to waste your usual nitrous on showing off
djtechsta is offline   Reply With Quote