Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-28-2005, 04:23 AM   #1
n00dle
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 51
Lexus es300

Hey! As you may know I am looking for a used car for myself, and I came across this ad today,

1995 LEXUS ES300 all features, a/c, pw, pdl, auto, v clean, no accident, AirCared, lthr int, 120k km, $10,500 obo

I phoned the owner and he lives about 10 minutes away from me and I'm going to go look at it tomorrow. So does anyone have any opinions on this car?
n00dle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 04:59 AM   #2
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Its nice and good luck with the upkeep
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 05:20 AM   #3
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00dle
Hey! As you may know I am looking for a used car for myself, and I came across this ad today,

1995 LEXUS ES300 all features, a/c, pw, pdl, auto, v clean, no accident, AirCared, lthr int, 120k km, $10,500 obo

I phoned the owner and he lives about 10 minutes away from me and I'm going to go look at it tomorrow. So does anyone have any opinions on this car?

Eh, glorfied Camry. To me the ES300 never served any purpose. What happened to that Caddy?
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 05:50 AM   #4
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire
 
GreekWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: "Down-under"
Posts: 2,369
I didn't know Lexus was an Asian import.
__________________

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 05:55 AM   #5
n00dle
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 51
The Cadillac had horibble looking leather/plastic, it was in perfect condition but it was a horrible orangey-brown colour . And I didn't like the center console design . But I really like the es300's body style and my parents/family would rather have me get a japanese car.
n00dle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 06:28 AM   #6
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00dle
The Cadillac had horibble looking leather/plastic, it was in perfect condition but it was a horrible orangey-brown colour . And I didn't like the center console design . But I really like the es300's body style and my parents/family would rather have me get a japanese car.

There is so many better choices than a ES300 though...

Whats your budget ($10k CDN?).
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 11:15 AM   #7
relicensed
CF Enthusiast
 
relicensed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NZ
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
There is so many better choices than a ES300 though...

Whats your budget ($10k CDN?).
I obviously don't know the market over there, but I fully second that call! there are soo many better choices out there (anywhere). Toyota windom???

if you'd said ls400 then.....well thats another story, or a gs300 twin turbo then all the better. But if you got 10g to throw on a car I'm sure you can find something better. HELL I'm looking at coming to america to buy a f150 lightning for 13g, so you should be able to find sumthing decent for 10.

relicensed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 04:54 PM   #8
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by relicensed
I obviously don't know the market over there, but I fully second that call! there are soo many better choices out there (anywhere). Toyota windom???

if you'd said ls400 then.....well thats another story, or a gs300 twin turbo then all the better. But if you got 10g to throw on a car I'm sure you can find something better. HELL I'm looking at coming to america to buy a f150 lightning for 13g, so you should be able to find sumthing decent for 10.


I wish we had got a GS300 Twin turbo here. We got the non turbo 2jzge SC300 and GS300.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 05:43 PM   #9
n00dle
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 51
What's wrong with a es300?
n00dle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 07:29 PM   #10
aerith
@#$%ing bored out of mind
 
aerith's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 541
There's nothing wrong with it, it's just that its an "old-person's" car, since the styling is so conservative, and the performance is lack luster. It just does not instill excitement. But it is extraordinairly reliable, and it's very quiet and comfortable.
__________________


--2004 Acura TL Dynamic--
aerith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 08:05 PM   #11
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerith
There's nothing wrong with it, it's just that its an "old-person's" car, since the styling is so conservative, and the performance is lack luster. It just does not instill excitement. But it is extraordinairly reliable, and it's very quiet and comfortable.
Ditto.

Why not find a old Eclipse or Talon or Impreza.
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 09:45 PM   #12
relicensed
CF Enthusiast
 
relicensed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NZ
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
I wish we had got a GS300 Twin turbo here. We got the non turbo 2jzge SC300 and GS300.
YOU GUYS DON'T GET THE TURBO VERSION??? but you get everything over there! that is fookin criminal! well i suppose we the rest of the world needs to have something over you hahaha
relicensed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 10:03 PM   #13
n00dle
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Ditto.

Why not find a old Eclipse or Talon or Impreza.


My mom allready owns an impreza (2002) and I don't like eclipses/talons.
n00dle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 10:29 PM   #14
HyundaGuy
Relicensed n ready 2 race
 
HyundaGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Adelaide, SA, Australia
Posts: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
I wish we had got a GS300 Twin turbo here. We got the non turbo 2jzge SC300 and GS300.

the sc300 NEVER came with a 2jz, only ever 1jzge, 1jzgte, 1jzgtte and 1uzfe.

they've never EVER been produced with a 2jz, not a single one in the world that came factory with a 2jz.
__________________



If i still owned an excel.. It'd look like this:

HyundaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 11:03 PM   #15
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00dle
My mom allready owns an impreza (2002) and I don't like eclipses/talons.
Well that answers my question.
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.