Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What do you think about neon?
I hate it. 6 31.58%
I like to see it every now and then 10 52.63%
I live to see it on cars 1 5.26%
Cars need to be sweet without it to use it. 2 10.53%
other... 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2004, 11:41 PM   #1
Smoke
CF Newbie

Opinion on neon...

What do yall think about cars having neon?I think only cars that are sweet on thier own(ones like the one in my sig, not like Mclarens and such) deserve to have it.
Old 02-27-2004, 12:34 AM   #2
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke
What do yall think about cars having neon?I think only cars that are sweet on thier own(ones like the one in my sig, not like Mclarens and such) deserve to have it.

Deserve? You're saying only certain cars "deserve" to have neon?

Oh...well...luckily neither of my cars "deserve" neon lighting. I'd hate to be associated with the "in" crowd!!

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 02:12 AM   #3
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

i like to see neons everynow and then... seeing it all the time would get annoying. but never-the-less, i like them
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 02:17 AM   #4
Smoke
CF Newbie

I mean like a car has to look good on it's own in order to deserve neon.Sure, a sleeper or somethin is nice every now and then.
Old 02-27-2004, 03:17 PM   #5
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Neon is for geeks that are completely insecure in their masculinity and can't afford the ultimate automotive phallic symbol... The Corvette.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 06:28 PM   #6
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

depends. I put neon on my Beretta GTZ. I could care less what people think about my neon.

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 06:47 PM   #7
Integra_LS
CF Enthusiast

Neon is pretty sweet on the interior, as far as outside neon, it's nice, but I mean, don't put it on unless you have some ground effects to cover up the lights. Personally I plan on putting on some neon when I can afford a kit, and also I want some neon for one of my cat eyes on my integra, not to mention angel eyes. I don't see anything wrong with adding lights to your car to make it look better. But I think you should work on the engine, suspension, tranny, before you throw on a kit or some neon.

<Power to Weight>

Integra_LS - Member of the unofficial vwhobo fan
Integra_LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 06:50 PM   #8
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra_LS
Neon is pretty sweet on the interior, as far as outside neon, it's nice, but I mean, don't put it on unless you have some ground effects to cover up the lights. Personally I plan on putting on some neon when I can afford a kit, and also I want some neon for one of my cat eyes on my integra, not to mention angel eyes. I don't see anything wrong with adding lights to your car to make it look better. But I think you should work on the engine, suspension, tranny, before you throw on a kit or some neon.

...and while you're at it, fashion a playing card to your wheel so that when it turns, it makes a cool flapping sound like it is really fast!!

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 09:04 PM   #9
SuperJew
I like pie.

neon is stupid on any car. period.

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 08:30 PM   #10
snoopewite
The 1st CF Entrepreneur

Quote:

I know what you're trying to say but putting it that way was just asking to get flamed I think that the colour of the car is a big factor of whether the neon glow is out of place or not e.g navy wouldn't work but black would be okay in my opinion.

I voted that “I like to see it every now and then” and an example of when I like to see it is in a Japanese modified car video that I've got that includes a car meet in Japan. You can imagine how colourful and lively the place was with all those rice cars and mad Japanese people. I mainly liked it though because of the good atmosphere and I like to see different cultures to my own. It's all about how garish you can make a car. What’s sad is that a lot of people in other places are under the impression that they’re really badass with neon lights turned on when they’re driving their cars around at night. They don’t seem to be able to understand why people think cars that are equipped with neon lighting are tacky.
If there was a voting option that read "I think it's tacky, but sometimes in a good way" then I'd have voted for that

By the way, the pictures of Rav4s that I sent at the beggining of part 2 of my posting spree where examples of vehicles that I thought were... somewhat pathetic, but there were some aspects of some of those modified Rav4s that I liked.

This would be something that I think is tacky, kind of in a good way but then I would have thought it was good in stock form. Having said that, I do get the urge to cut out Paul Walker's eyeballs and testicles and swap them round when I see him posing in that Skyline.

Last edited by snoopewite : 03-03-2004 at 03:32 PM. Reason: The picture didn't work before and I spelt 'there' as 'their'.
snoopewite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 12:16 AM   #11
importluva
Obsessed with imports

neon is good, when applied to imports.
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 12:21 AM   #12
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by importluva
neon is good, when applied to imports.
So you're implying that neon would look better on a Maybach than say a lowered Beretta with a wing and a fart cannon? Strange... or maybe just not thought out.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 03:07 AM   #13
Smoke
CF Newbie

And he's saying that neon looks better on a Mclaren F1 than a lowwered Neon, with a wide body kit, sweet spoiler, bigger muffler, and window tints...The thought of neon on a Mclaren is scary to me......
Old 03-03-2004, 03:10 AM   #14
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Quote:
And he's saying that neon looks better on a Mclaren F1 than a lowwered Neon, with a wide body kit, sweet spoiler, bigger muffler, and window tints...The thought of neon on a Mclaren is scary to me......

Well, I don't think we have to worry about it. Not many ricer boys can afford a car with a $1,000,000 price tag. (I might be wrong on the price but I heard they were "a million bucks")

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 03:11 AM   #15
SuperJew
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty101
Well, I don't think we have to worry about it. Not many ricer boys can afford a car with a $1,000,000 price tag. (I might be wrong on the price but I heard they were "a million bucks")

yeah i think the official pricetag is somewhere around $1.2 million

, eh?

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote