Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2003, 10:14 AM   #1
air

Funny noises from Corolla

I just bought a brand new toyota corolla and has been driving in it for the last one week. There is this funny metallic sound emitting from the base of the centre part of the front of the car on and off especially when I'm doing a full turn right. Sometimes it's so loud that it almost sound that I crashed the car into another. Have brought it in for servicing but they could not reproduce the problem as this comes only on and off. What could be the cause?
Old 05-14-2003, 11:54 PM   #2
JDM-Racer
CF Newbie

Its probably either your axle scraping the floor when you turn or something else hanging off your car that can be almost anything...
JDM-Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 02:57 PM   #3
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM-Racer
Its probably either your axle scraping the floor when you turn or something else hanging off your car that can be almost anything...

The axle scraping the floor? Those new Corollas must have some ultra tight tolerances. Not likely or even close.

Air, go back to the dealer and have them check TSB SU003-02. They'll know what you're talking about. If not contact Toyota directly then find a different dealer. Since I can't hear your car this may not be the problem but from your description it sure sounds close. Good luck and let me know how it works out.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 10:15 PM   #4
JDM-Racer
CF Newbie

aight whatever i dont know much bout corollas so i dont know how they are built and how good they are...so whatever yo...
Old 05-15-2003, 10:18 PM   #5
JDM-Racer
CF Newbie

besides who knows it could have run over something and knocked sumthin loose...
Old 05-16-2003, 02:12 AM   #6
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM-Racer
aight whatever i dont know much bout corollas so i dont know how they are built and how good they are...so whatever yo...

Success, however you could have stopped after the first six words. And the ghetto language is so cool too.

Note; when people use the words "something" or "almost anything" in this context that usually means they don't have a clue which brings an old saying to mind. "Better to be silent and thought stupid than to speak and remove all doubt".

Air, when you get the problem resolved let me know what it is. Thanks.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 05-16-2003, 02:51 PM   #7
air

Thanx for all your advice. The dealer just changed the absorber subassembly and insulated the spring coil. That seemed to have done the trick. I'll have to watch closely in the next few days as the problems tend to be intermittent. But somehow the drive feels smoother now. Not really an auto expert but guess could be a balance problem
Old 05-16-2003, 04:04 PM   #8
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Cool, hope everything works out for you.