Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2005, 08:26 PM   #31
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
wow! they're so smart, they even talk?

Yep, and they can quote you the theory of relativity to!

And Kostantinos, thats a cool car man! Nice choice!
Old 09-06-2005, 09:11 PM   #32
chris_knows
๑۩۞

IMO: Why a Smart, they're small, and relatively expensive. You'd probably have to drive it for 20 years, to actually start saving money from an asian car, and by then gas would be $25 if we haven't run out of it...

Back to the original topic, that's a pretty sweet car...
Old 09-06-2005, 09:58 PM   #33
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFieroKid
What heritage?
When it came out the mustang was a secretaries car... still is by my view.

Damn, no matter what happens, I can count on the denizens of Car Forums to show just how closed minded and insulting they can be.

I've got a new name for it. It's called "pulling an Oombah." As in, "look at that post. TheFieroKid just pulled an Oombah."

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 09:59 PM   #34
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Damn, no matter what happens, I can count on the denizens of Car Forums to show just how closed minded and insulting they can be.

I've got a new name for it. It's called "pulling an Oombah." As in, "look at that post. TheFieroKid just pulled an Oombah."
I guess Oomba is good for something
Old 09-06-2005, 09:59 PM   #35
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
I guess Oomba is good for something
And that is?
Old 09-06-2005, 10:00 PM   #36
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaman
And that is?
Look what Chris wrote, now we can say "you just pulled an Oomba"
Old 09-06-2005, 10:02 PM   #37
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Quote:
Look what Chris wrote, now we can say "you just pulled an Oomba"
Yes, but is it worth the price of his presence?
Old 09-06-2005, 10:03 PM   #38
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaman
Yes, but is it worth the price of his presence?

Your right, ah **** em
Old 09-06-2005, 10:05 PM   #39
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Well, there is a chance that they could have just started (doubtful), or that single civilians imported the cars from Canada. I havent seen a single one in Dallas and while I was in NYC (a place were Smart cars would thrive) I did not see a single one. I think the cars that you saw were imported by a few civilians, not sold by Smart or ZAP! in the US. I did read an article while I was researching from July 2005 saying that ZAP! had gotten permission from the government to begin selling the cars, but the company said that they would not begin selling until later this year, and are begining to teach dealers and building dealerships.

Zap isn't the only importer of the cars into the US. There's a company here in Baltimore (JK technologies) that also imports them, and I've seen quite a few running around in the last year (including out on I-83...). Like G&K Automotive Conversion, J.K. Technologies plans to source its vehicles from European smart dealers. However, this companyís less ambitious business model aims at selling 500 to 1,000 smarts through a small number of Mercedes-Benz dealers in and around the Baltimore and Florida areas, handling service on its own.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 09-06-2005, 10:27 PM   #40
TheFieroKid
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV

Gee thanks... I thought this forum was to post your thoughts freely...
I said I don’t like the mustang... and I more or less quoted Carol Shelby when I said it was a Secretaries car.

So **** you, the moment I say I don’t like a popular car i get pounced on... nice... I was asked why I didn’t like the car, I gave a broad reason of disliking their styling then I make a tease by quoting what carol Shelby said to Iacocca when Iacocca asked him for a suped up version of the mustang in the 60's.

I like the smart car, don’t car if you don’t, say you hate it... tell me its a chicks car, tell me its too small, tell me that i wont save any money driving it... but for god sakes say what you feel, this is a car forum to share our ideas and feels, and sometimes those feelings are ones that I or you may disagree with but its what’s this is about.
There’s no need to stoop to a level of name calling when someone says something you disagree with.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:38 PM   #41
sky88
CF Newbie

why are u standing next to my car? lol j/k
nice ride
sky88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 10:51 PM   #42
edmund
CF Newbie

Talking

Nice car........
edmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 11:28 PM   #43
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFieroKid
Gee thanks... I thought this forum was to post your thoughts freely...

And I posted mine freely. Or is it that you want to be able ti insult things yourself, but don't want to afford anyone else that right in response?

[/quote]I said I donít like the mustang...[/quote]

And I said I though you rere being closed minded. If you can state your insulting opinion, so can I.

Quote:
and I more or less quoted Carol Shelby when I said it was a Secretaries car.

More or less. Of course, he wasn't talking about the performance versions or HIS versions... but you were, which shows how little you know. Was the BOSS 302 a "secrataries car?"

Quote:
So **** you, the moment I say I donít like a popular car i get pounced on...

Yup, especially when you use messed up logic to insult it. A well rounded enthusiast doesn't hate ANY car line, especially one as long lived, revered and VARIED as that one. Lumping all of them together, from the 4 cyl Mustang II and 6 cyl '64 Mustang, with the BOSS 429, GT500, and Cobras as "secretary's cars" shows you to be an insulting, closed minded fool. I.e. an Oombah.

Quote:
nice... I was asked why I didnít like the car, I gave a broad reason of disliking their styling then I make a tease by quoting what carol Shelby said to Iacocca when Iacocca asked him for a suped up version of the mustang in the 60's.

Yeah, because ALL mustangs of EVERY year looked the same? And all Fords? Does a '65 Mustang look like a '70 Mustang? Do they both look like my SVT Contour or even an '03 Cobra?

Quote:
I like the smart car, donít car if you donít, say you hate it... tell me its a chicks car, tell me its too small, tell me that i wont save any money driving it... but for god sakes say what you feel, this is a car forum to share our ideas and feels, and sometimes those feelings are ones that I or you may disagree with but its whatís this is about.

Never said I disliked it. In fact, I've said repeatedly that theere are almost no cars I DON"T like. I'd love to have a Smart. I'd also love to bring my '61 Renault 4CV over from Seattle and put a MegaSquirt fuel injection system on it to use as a 50 mpg commuter (and it's as light as a Smart)

And you seem to have this feeling that you can say anything negative you want, but no one else can IN RESPONSE.

Quote:
Thereís no need to stoop to a level of name calling when someone says something you disagree with.

You called neames yourself when saying the Mustang is a "secretary's car" even if it was echoing someone else. You called names by implying anyone who owned or liked them was just buying a secretary's car and thus stupid because it's not a "real" car to you.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 09-07-2005, 12:29 AM   #44
Oomba
Banned

Quote:
What about a 93 Mustang GT with the 5.0, or the Ranger, or F-150, F-250, F-350, what about the 05 Mustang GT hmm, maybe the 05 V6 mustang, or maybe you could get an Econoline hmmm

Yuck, a fox body?
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 12:32 AM   #45
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba
Yuck, a fox body?

Yeah that was the best looking year