Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-07-2005, 12:33 AM   #46
Oomba
Banned
 
Oomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
Yeah that was the best looking year

Are you serious? Has you and your peoples love from boxy econo cars even spilled into boxy cars of all types?
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 12:35 AM   #47
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba
Are you serious? Has you and your peoples love from boxy econo cars even spilled into boxy cars of all types?

okay Oomba, what are the years you liked, yes i did like the 65's but the 93's are my favorite
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 12:35 AM   #48
TheFieroKid
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 578
I said what I feel about a CAR... you insulted a person (me).

SO your argument is flawed... I am an enthusiast, an enthusiast with defined taste.... I dont like everything out there... like some people.

If a person doesnt like a CAR he can say why... if some one here doesnt like my fiero say way... say its unsafe (its not) say its ugly (not to me)... but dont say your an asshole because you said you dont like my car.

Want another reason why I dislike them?
Maybe because every one and their brother has one... and everyone thinks its cool... How many fieros... or smart cars, or pacers, or 79 tbirds... or mazda cosmos... or rampages, or even amphicars every day?

Now how many mustangs do you see every day? Ive counted on an average day in the summer i can see anywhere from 10-40 of em a day... in the last 5 years ive seen like 1 or 2 of each of those cars I mentioned... except the fiero... I see one or two a week...

Thats my point... i never go with the crowed... but if I say that here I get insulted...
__________________

Last edited by TheFieroKid : 09-07-2005 at 12:49 AM.
TheFieroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 12:37 AM   #49
Oomba
Banned
 
Oomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
okay Oomba, what are the years you liked, yes i did like the 65's but the 93's are my favorite

Up to 1978, and 2005. 94-04 arent that bad though.
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 12:54 AM   #50
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Zap isn't the only importer of the cars into the US. There's a company here in Baltimore (JK technologies) that also imports them, and I've seen quite a few running around in the last year (including out on I-83...). Like G&K Automotive Conversion, J.K. Technologies plans to source its vehicles from European smart dealers. However, this company’s less ambitious business model aims at selling 500 to 1,000 smarts through a small number of Mercedes-Benz dealers in and around the Baltimore and Florida areas, handling service on its own.
When I researched it the only company I saw was Zap, I guess I was too cursory in my searches.
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 02:36 AM   #51
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo
 
windsonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Down Below
Posts: 2,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFieroKid
I said what I feel about a CAR... you insulted a person (me).

SO your argument is flawed... I am an enthusiast, an enthusiast with defined taste.... I dont like everything out there... like some people.

If a person doesnt like a CAR he can say why... if some one here doesnt like my fiero say way... say its unsafe (its not) say its ugly (not to me)... but dont say your an asshole because you said you dont like my car.

Want another reason why I dislike them?
Maybe because every one and their brother has one... and everyone thinks its cool... How many fieros... or smart cars, or pacers, or 79 tbirds... or mazda cosmos... or rampages, or even amphicars every day?

Now how many mustangs do you see every day? Ive counted on an average day in the summer i can see anywhere from 10-40 of em a day... in the last 5 years ive seen like 1 or 2 of each of those cars I mentioned... except the fiero... I see one or two a week...

Thats my point... i never go with the crowed... but if I say that here I get insulted...
The issue as I see it is that you're trying to pass off opinion as fact. You didn't say I think mustangs are secretary's cars, you said they are.
It's like me saying that Fiero's are kiddies cars. They're not, but I've passed off an opinion as fact.

[EDIT]: That is not my actual opinion, just used for the purposes of the example. I don't know anything about Fiero's, but I do like the idea of a v8 in a little car like that.
__________________
You can only be young once. But you can always be immature.
windsonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 04:23 AM   #52
TheFieroKid
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
The issue as I see it is that you're trying to pass off opinion as fact. You didn't say I think mustangs are secretary's cars, you said they are.
It's like me saying that Fiero's are kiddies cars. They're not, but I've passed off an opinion as fact.

[EDIT]: That is not my actual opinion, just used for the purposes of the example. I don't know anything about Fiero's, but I do like the idea of a v8 in a little car like that.

Point taken and understood... but his issue is that I said Something negitive as a car, that he liked... so he resorted to name calling.

But your right... to most pleople the mustang is a cool car... to me its not, just not my cup of tea... I mean look at the cars I really Really like... the X90, the fiero, the rampage, the smart car... all 2 seater cars... I just like 2 seaters... Its my thing... but it doesnt mean that i should be called names because I expressed my feelings.
__________________
TheFieroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 08:39 AM   #53
kostantinos Gdo
CF Newbie
 
kostantinos Gdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5
I believe that the taste for a car shows what kind of guy you are so its a way of showing your character.i got my car because i like the line it has i love the way it turns and i love the way the chicks look at me when i drive it.
I dont know were you guys all come from but the island i live is caled krete in greece on my island there are not many nice cars like mustangs integras supras fierros or power cars like that maybe the best car you can see is a porsche cayyen or a mazda rx-8 or somethink like a mercentes 500, so my car is quite rare and i love it for that people pass and look at it all the time.

anyway all cars have their beutiness.
kostantinos Gdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 09:00 AM   #54
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire
 
GreekWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: "Down-under"
Posts: 2,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostantinos Gdo
I believe that the taste for a car shows what kind of guy you are so its a way of showing your character.i got my car because i like the line it has i love the way it turns and i love the way the chicks look at me when i drive it.
I dont know were you guys all come from but the island i live is caled krete in greece on my island there are not many nice cars like mustangs integras supras fierros or power cars like that maybe the best car you can see is a porsche cayyen or a mazda rx-8 or somethink like a mercentes 500, so my car is quite rare and i love it for that people pass and look at it all the time.

anyway all cars have their beutiness.

Greeks: 1

Oomba: 0



That's right man the only thing that should matter is that YOU like your car.
__________________

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 11:48 AM   #55
dodger65
I know more than Wally...
 
dodger65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: U.S. - Midwest
Posts: 2,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekWarrior
Greeks: 1

Oomba: 0



That's right man the only thing that should matter is that YOU like your car.

actually, if you read back through the posts, everybody seems to like kostantinos' car... teg & oomba were discussing fox body mustangs...

seems to me you greek warriors weren't actually fighting anyone...

but i'll add another ---> nice car, kostantinos
__________________
"Everyone is someone else's weirdo"

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 12:22 PM   #56
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire
 
GreekWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: "Down-under"
Posts: 2,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
actually, if you read back through the posts, everybody seems to like kostantinos' car... teg & oomba were discussing fox body mustangs...

seems to me you greek warriors weren't actually fighting anyone...

but i'll add another ---> nice car, kostantinos

Yeah I know I just dislike Oomba.

Us greek warriors are gona woop his ass.
__________________

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 03:18 PM   #57
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFieroKid
Point taken and understood... but his issue is that I said Something negitive as a car, that he liked... so he resorted to name calling.

No. You said something negative, so I said something negative in return. If you don't want to be insulted, don't be insulting FIRST. Simple. YOu started name calling. I finished.

Quote:
but it doesnt mean that i should be called names because I expressed my feelings.

So you get to express your feelings but I don't?

I see.

Sorry, but you used asinine logic to insult the car and it's owners. You get treated like an ass in return.

You seem to feel that if you express appreciation for a car that isn't your favorite type, you have to give up your favorite. I have to repeat it again: it's good to have favorites. Hating or insulting everything that isn't your favorite in order to justify liking your favorites is small minded idiocy. Are you an idiot or not? Your choice.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 03:31 PM   #58
elchango36
WWJCD
 
elchango36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Last year @ SIUC
Posts: 2,122
Wow, cool car Konstantino!!!
I Have yet to see that type of car in person. The closest thing I've seen to that is the Ford KA in Mexico. Sweet ride dude!
__________________
elchango36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 09:02 PM   #59
TheFieroKid
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
No. You said something negative, so I said something negative in return. If you don't want to be insulted, don't be insulting FIRST. Simple. YOu started name calling. I finished.

I said something negative about a CAR!!! You insulted a person, you apparently cant tell the difference.
Quote:
So you get to express your feelings but I don't?

I see.

Sorry, but you used asinine logic to insult the car and it's owners. You get treated like an ass in return.

You seem to feel that if you express appreciation for a car that isn't your favorite type, you have to give up your favorite. I have to repeat it again: it's good to have favorites. Hating or insulting everything that isn't your favorite in order to justify liking your favorites is small minded idiocy. Are you an idiot or not? Your choice.

Express your feelings about a car... and that’s fine as that’s what I did... but when you start insulting people because of their opinions that’s when your the small minded idiot.

Ive given appreciation for a car that isn’t my favorite, I don’t like Monte Carlo’s... but I have a friend who has one and his is cool. But as a general rule I dislike them.

You can listen to others opinions and rebuttal with facts or with your own opinions is cool and do so... but insult the person who disagrees with you and that is moronic... are you a moron or not? your choice.


This is how the conversation if you were an adult who acted like one could have gone

Me: I don’t like Mustangs, I don’t like their look and they’re a secretary’s car LOL.
You: Well they are one of the best selling cars of all time, and most popular lines, not to mention the newest models are quite fast for stock cars... If that is a secretary’s car, i guess I’m a secretary.
Me: LOL to each his own.

But instead you insult and put me on the defensive, which I hate… even more then the mustang (this is me making yet another joke… can you grasp the concept?).
__________________
TheFieroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 09:02 PM   #60
Oomba
Banned
 
Oomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekWarrior
Greeks: 1

Oomba: 0



That's right man the only thing that should matter is that YOU like your car.

Thats all fine and dandy, but I'm still going to give my opinion on it. If you dont like people giving opinions on your car, then dont make a thread about it.
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.