Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2005, 03:38 AM   #46
nsupra27
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToshoRcing
what do u drive
Why does it matter if he owns a car or not? Just because he doesnt own a car doesnt mean he doesnt know anything about cars.
Also, what do you drive?
Old 09-06-2005, 03:38 AM   #47
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsupra27
And yeah, a Civic can be fast, but with alot of money put into it. I would rather have a car that has power stock, and make it even faster, rather then have a car with no power, and actually give it some power.
So you can't see that there's a certain sense of achievement if I get a car that has less power stock than yours, but with some effort, I can make it faster than your car?
You're saying you want the car maker to do all the work for you, and then it just becomes who can buy the better car, not who can make their car better.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:38 AM   #48
ToshoRcing
CF Newbie

so how do you get to judge my car when you dont have anything
ToshoRcing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 03:40 AM   #49
ToshoRcing
CF Newbie

like i said i have a ex
Old 09-06-2005, 03:40 AM   #50
Oomba
Banned

Quote:
so how do you get to judge my car when you dont have anything

Does it matter if I have a car? Why would it? I still have knowledge about cars. I'm sure most of the cars you judge you have never driven, so dont try that shit.

EDIT: I've driven a Civic Ex btw.
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 03:42 AM   #51
ToshoRcing
CF Newbie

did you see me say anything bad about any car NO unlike you
Old 09-06-2005, 03:43 AM   #52
Oomba
Banned

Quote:
did you see me say anything bad about any car NO unlike you

Okay, you must have no opinions about any cars in existence except for the one YOU own then, huh?
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 03:46 AM   #53
ToshoRcing
CF Newbie

yeah i guess so becauce if i do i keep them to myuself and look at the positives of the car, unlike you who loves to state your opinion on how much the suck
Old 09-06-2005, 04:30 AM   #54
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba
Civic Type-Rs are like SRT-4 is to Neons, first of all. So they dont count.

And the 06 Civic Si has 197 hp, not 200+, whereas the GSXs/GSTs have 210. Now I could see the 06 Civic keeping up with a GS-T MAYBE, but no way will it keep up with a GSX in the 1/4.

The 06 Si is rated with the new standard that no other company has adopted other than Porsche to my knowledge (cuts power down by about 4-5%). If used on the old rating system by SAE the actual power is around 208hp. Which is just as much as a GSX/GST but with 200-400lbs less weight, a much better gearbox and a LSD.

And a SRT4 is a neon still, just like a CTR is still a Civic. They count, they are built all on the same damn platform.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 04:34 AM   #55
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Oh yes, because they leave stock suspension and tires on SCCA cars. Nice try, dumbass.

Besides, SPEED is important. SPEED wins races. If your top speed is 60 mph, it doesnt really matter how good you handle now does it? No. So dont try saying speed isnt important.

HANDLING is the most important thing in track racing. NO racing league cares ab out top end other than some IRL races and NASCAR. Cars dont TOP OUT on tracks. You think they build formula one cars for TOP SPEED or kart-like handling more? You think they push thier handling limits more or top speed? If geared right a Formula one car could reach 300mph most likely.

Yes, in fact in STOCK classes in the SCCA they DO have stock suspensions other than SHOCKS which are allowed to be changed (And most everyone ones the same TYPE of shock). All the tires are the same, racing slicks, usually 85% of the time the same Hoosier racing slick. You really dont know shit do you? You just spew opinions with no damn base whatsoever. Dont even try and comment on things about the SCCA. You havent made a smart argument yet about it!

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 05:20 AM   #56
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
Bravo... this attitude is a breath of fresh air. Just don't get lured into flaming back when the anti-rice brigade really fire up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonnaDie4TheGov
im sure oomba will soon enough grace us with his opinion on this thread

man, you guys sure called it in the 3rd and 4th posts...

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 05:30 AM   #57
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
man, you guys sure called it in the 3rd and 4th posts...
Old 09-06-2005, 02:18 PM   #58
fudge
let's fighting love

Quote:
Yes it is true. Nobody classifies a Civic as a sports car, everyone classifies the Eclipse as a sports car.

And Spyders suck

I don't classify an Eclipse as a sports car. It's front wheel drive and weighs over 3500lbs. Thats way too lardy to be called a sports car. A Civic weighs 1000lbs less than that and would spank the Eclipse on Auto-X.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:42 PM   #59
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsupra27
I forgot about that.
Oh well, it doesnt matter, im just trying to say Civics are not sports cars, they were never meant to be raced, or "tuned."

You are an ignorant fool.

Quote:
I guess now people consider them "tuner" cars, but to me there still just a Civic.

Even Honda was racing Civics in SCCA, IMSA, and FIA road racing as early as teh '70s, and they've been successful ever since. In fact, the Civic S of the '70s was the precursor to the Si in the '80s and '90s, and all of them were designed specifically with stock class road racing in mind.

Both you and Oombah have no clue, and have formed opinions without having an ounce of actual knowledge OR research.

Either STFU or open your mind to reality. The Civic wasn't the first "economy car" to spawn factory performance variants designed for racing, and have tuners using it as a basis for making even faster cars. The original Mini was a prime example. Even the VW Beetle had a HUGE racing following, but it's successor, the Rabit/Golf generated the GTi which was the modern popularization of the "hot hatch." But even though they were and are all successful racing cars in stock form and great basis for building even faster racing cars, they were indeed all economy cars first.

See, economy cars have a few things going for them as platforms to build performance cars from. The first and foremost being light weight. it takes less power to make less weight go fast. it takes less suspension mods to control light weight in the corners. And coupes and sedans with fixed roofs are stiffer and more structurally suited to being rigid platforms for more accurate handling than open top sports cars, or larger cars with separate frames.

In America, the factories took basic, cheap economy cars like Tempests, Chevy II's and Falcons and put big engines in them to make musclecars. People like you think THAT'S a valid way to make a performance car, but it's no different.

Quote:
And yeah, a Civic can be fast, but with alot of money put into it. I would rather have a car that has power stock, and make it even faster, rather then have a car with no power, and actually give it some power.

Two things wrong with this statement: you don't need to spend a lot of money to make a Civic fast. You CAN spend a lot of money, but it's not necessary, as people racing in the Grassroots Motorsports $200x Chalenge have proven. It's a modern myth that it takes $20-30k into a Civic (or any economy car) to make it as fast as a stock Camaro or Mustang.

Secondly, some people find much more personal satisfaction in taking something cheaper/slower and making it into something faster. If you don't have the skill or knowledge to do so, then buy what you have to to get the same result. But insulting those who DO have the skill and desire to shows you to be a small minded moron. Are you a moron? Or are you a intelligent automotive enthusiast who wants to learn more about cars? The choice is up to you.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 07:09 PM   #60
black_plague
CF Enthusiast

well it looks like chrisv just owned some people.....and as for preludes they might have power but they are also heavy you have to take that into consideration