Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2005, 08:16 PM   #1
drp2345
CF Newbie

1990 Toyota Corolla

I have this 1990 Toyota corolla that was passed down to me and it's pretty ugly. Any suggestions on how I could improve this car from the engine to the looks. I wanted to get a paintjob(maybe a black or dark green) a soundsystem, rims, a spoiler, and maybe a body kit. First of all if you don't think I should add any of these go ahead and say so. If you have any ideas for paint colors, any other ideas on how to make the car look better etc. How much do you think all this stuff costs and where do you think I could get the body kit(online). I think head and tail lights would also look good. Im open to any opinions that you have. Just two more things, does anyone know if you can install seatbelts and an airbag into a car. It already has seatbelts but there weird ones. Please anything you can tell me will help. Thanks alot!
drp2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 12:08 AM   #2
importluva
Obsessed with imports

lets see some pics
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 12:15 AM   #3
Oomba
Banned

Ricer
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 12:15 AM   #4
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba
Ricer

And here we go
Old 09-07-2005, 12:16 AM   #5
nsupra27
CF Enthusiast

Old 09-07-2005, 01:05 AM   #6
GonnaDie4TheGov
CF's Only Jersey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by drp2345
I have this 1990 Toyota corolla that was passed down to me and it's pretty ugly. Any suggestions on how I could improve this car from the engine to the looks. I wanted to get a paintjob(maybe a black or dark green) a soundsystem, rims, a spoiler, and maybe a body kit. First of all if you don't think I should add any of these go ahead and say so. If you have any ideas for paint colors, any other ideas on how to make the car look better etc. How much do you think all this stuff costs and where do you think I could get the body kit(online). I think head and tail lights would also look good. Im open to any opinions that you have. Just two more things, does anyone know if you can install seatbelts and an airbag into a car. It already has seatbelts but there weird ones. Please anything you can tell me will help. Thanks alot!

Id say no wing...you will lose traction seeing as it is a fwd. But if you must get one make it small or just go to your local car junkyard or ebay and buy a stock one

2001 Honda K-1 Accord Attack
GonnaDie4TheGov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 02:23 AM   #7
bigdaveangell
CF Addict

Whatever you do dont get a wing. I see everyone with the huge aluminum wings and laugh. Dont know what kind of kits are out there for the corolla but I might start with that and a paintjob
bigdaveangell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 06:24 AM   #8
black_plague
CF Enthusiast

dont listen to these guys get two double stack aluminum wings and stack them on top of each other it would be sweet...j/k....but seriously i wouldnt get the wing........if you get rims make sure you have suspension to go with it you dont want a monster truck do you......i dont what engine it has but im pretty sure you can do a motor swap in it...or just add things to the motor thats in it