Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2005, 12:38 AM   #1
GaPeach
CF Newbie

Question 1996 Buick Park Avenue

I have a Buick Park Avenue and I recently went to get gas. When I was ready to pull off, it jumped and made a grinding noise. And then the check engine light came on. I went to Autozone and the guy gave this code to me P1870. Can anyone tell me what that means? I have also noticed a little light that comes on near my oil gauge. It does not come on until I like turn the corners. What is that trying to tell me? The past couple of nights I have had a hard time trying to get my parking lights to go off after getting out of the car. I have to lock and unlock the doors with my remote and click on and off the parking lights using the control panel near the drivers side door. Why is that? Could it be that the battery in my remote is going dead? If so, where can I get another one?

Thanks for any help!!
GaPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 03:13 AM   #2
97Talonchik
discombobulated

The P1870 code means your transmission is slipping, that's what the grinding noise was more than likely. Have you ever had your transmission fluid drained and refilled?

The light that comes on near your oil gauge is most likely your oil light telling you to check your oil....when's the last time you had it changed?

Not sure about the parking lights you are talking about. If it is your remote, you can probably change the battery yourself. Typically there is a few screws holding the back on. Unscrew those, take out the battery and see what number is on it. You can get a new one anywhere they sell watch batteries. I would say they might change it for you, however, I worked in a jewelry store before and we wouldn't because of the liability involved. It's better if you do it.
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote