Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2004, 05:10 AM   #1
jzxTT
CF Addict
 
jzxTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Near by
Posts: 293
Question nt-tt conversion questions.. please help!!

i have a 94 300zx NA 2+2 and i have a vg30dett (not yet put in) .Is the swap expensive??how much will it cost to put in?? where can i get it put in?? do i need any other parts for the swap?? what are some good mods to get me in the 400-450rwhp range??? if you could answer these questions that would b awsome.... thanks
jzxTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 06:15 AM   #2
jzxTT
CF Addict
 
jzxTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Near by
Posts: 293
......
jzxTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 09:03 AM   #3
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
.
.
You have the engine already and have no idea what the swap will cost? Well I'm with you. I don't know either...but to find out it would only take a phone call or two to get a good ball park figure. It also depends where you go. I have a mechanic I go to for just about everything...he's a bit expensive compared to other shops. His hourly rate is about 20% higher.

So you see, it is very difficult to give you a price.

Do yourself a favor and call around. Your neighborhood is different from mine too.

Good luck!
.
.
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 02:02 PM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzxTT
i have a 94 300zx NA 2+2 and i have a vg30dett (not yet put in) .Is the swap expensive??how much will it cost to put in?? where can i get it put in?? do i need any other parts for the swap?? what are some good mods to get me in the 400-450rwhp range??? if you could answer these questions that would b awsome.... thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
You have the engine already and have no idea what the swap will cost? Well I'm with you. I don't know either...but to find out it would only take a phone call or two to get a good ball park figure. It also depends where you go. I have a mechanic I go to for just about everything...he's a bit expensive compared to other shops. His hourly rate is about 20% higher.

So you see, it is very difficult to give you a price.

Do yourself a favor and call around. Your neighborhood is different from mine too.
Now wait just a damn minute. You expect someone to think that far ahead or take resposibility for themselves? What do you mean you don't have all the answers he's looking for.

Hey jzxTT, I'll answer you with something you said to someone else. There are too many variables in labor rates, types of shops, etc. "If you have no clue wat im talking about mah bad... im asuming you know about cars."
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 10:26 AM   #5
jzxTT
CF Addict
 
jzxTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Near by
Posts: 293
the swap will cost me $2000, im gettin it done next week .....
jzxTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 04:37 PM   #6
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzxTT
the swap will cost me $2000, im gettin it done next week .....

I love it. Everyone is so "tough" online. Lots of 'fu's and big words.

If you know the answer, why ask?
.
.
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 10:56 PM   #7
jzxTT
CF Addict
 
jzxTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Near by
Posts: 293
the best alternative is to just do it your self.. my as wus juss bein lazy
jzxTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 09:21 PM   #8
JoeCamel
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzxTT
the best alternative is to just do it your self.. my as wus juss bein lazy


Hey jzxtt, i could use some info on the swap. I'm thinking about doing the same thing, but keep running into dead ends.
JoeCamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.