Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 06:05 AM   #1
abless
CF Anti-Mullet

Drugs

How many users do we have in CF? What do you feel about drugs? Should drugs be legalized/decriminalized? Do you use any drugs? Which ones, how often?
Old 09-14-2005, 02:13 PM   #2
theman352001
--- Voice of Reason ---

Don't use. Don't have the time. Well, ok, I use alcohol and the occasional cigar but that is it. Oh, and I like Excedrin PM when I have a headache and I don't have to operate heavy machinery.

As far as leagalization: I'm for it for some drugs but not all. Then I think we should tax the hell out of them and make those that want to use pay up.

Come to Wisconsin and smell our dairy air.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:52 PM   #3
SyntheticTrust
Female of the *****

I dont like drugs. I feel they are for people who are weak minded. The only "drug" I take is midol.

Whoever said money doesn't buy happiness obviously doesn't know where to buy a HORSE.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:11 PM   #4
theman352001
--- Voice of Reason ---

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyntheticTrust
I dont like drugs. I feel they are for people who are weak minded. The only "drug" I take is midol.
I tend to agree with you in the case of drug abusers but I have met a lot of recreational users who were definately not weak minded.

Old 09-14-2005, 04:24 PM   #5
SyntheticTrust
Female of the *****

When you rely on a substance to make you feel good, you are weak minded. That's what we learned in Psycology.

Whoever said money doesn't buy happiness obviously doesn't know where to buy a HORSE.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:04 PM   #6
theman352001
--- Voice of Reason ---

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyntheticTrust
When you rely on a substance to make you feel good, you are weak minded. That's what we learned in Psycology.
That seems a bit harsh. What about people who are in pain? Are they week minded because they can't cope with the pain they are in? I suppose you could argue yes but I know I'm not going to hold it against them.

Now people who need to have that alcoholic drink in order to deal with the world, I would consider them weak minded. But then that brings up the question of people who drink coffee to get their day started. They are using a drug. Are they weak minded? Or students drinking Mountain Dew to keep them alert while studying. What about them?

Old 09-14-2005, 06:40 PM   #7
97Talonchik
discombobulated

There's a difference between taking a drug for pain (physical) and having the interpretation you "need" a drug for pain (psychological).
Old 09-14-2005, 06:42 PM   #8
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Nah, messes up your head

Last edited by 99integra : 09-14-2005 at 11:16 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:13 PM   #9
Inygknok
El del Supra

ive tried a few, but i dont use them, and they were quite some time ago. simply put, people who use drugs just cuz they think that makes them cool, or for peer pressure, or whatever other ignorant reason, they are simply just people in need of seroius help.

otherwise, for medical reasons, well, its ok with me. as a matter of fact, morphine itself is a drug, and soldiers use it quite constantly to quickly relieve pain for wounded soldiers in the battlefield. in fact, even in hospitals it is used for the same reason, and for a perfectly good one.

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:13 PM   #10
SlipKnoT
The Ultimate Maggot

I dont use drugs. I dont think ANY of them should be legalized, although some of my friends would beg to differ. The only thing I do is drink, and, if Im incredibly stressed, like if I have alot of work, and Ive been having a hard time, Ill sneak a cigarette from my mom or dad. But Ive only smoked like 3 times.

Old 09-14-2005, 10:40 PM   #11
ChromeDome
CF Enthusiast

I am all for legalizing drug for medicinal use.

There is no reason someone with cancer should not be able to do a little doobie, if it makes them feel less effects of chemo.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:48 PM   #12
boothe
CF Addict

I am not a fan of the growing pharmaceutical industry. Seems like we are bent to perscribe drugs instead of face reality as a society.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:00 PM   #13
Wally
I Know More Than You

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeDome
I am all for legalizing drug for medicinal use.

There is no reason someone with cancer should not be able to do a little doobie, if it makes them feel less effects of chemo.

Never ceases to amaze me how drugs like marijuana are considered benign and "social" or "recreational". They are anti social and rarely recreational due to their addictive nature. A lot of good young minds have been permanently wrecked and a lot of crime committed because of mind alterating drugs.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:15 PM   #14
chris_knows
๑۩۞

If we legalie drugs, then there would be problems, as kids would be able to get to them even easier...It would probably better to just do a needle exchange place, like in Switzerland to avoid Std's...

Dont get me wrong though, I'm not against drinking, smoking, or the *occassional* weed...
Old 09-14-2005, 11:21 PM   #15
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Never ceases to amaze me how drugs like marijuana are considered benign and "social" or "recreational". They are anti social and rarely recreational due to their addictive nature. A lot of good young minds have been permanently wrecked and a lot of crime committed because of mind alterating drugs.

actually, i think there have been studies that prove that weed isn't addictive... anyone care to prove or disprove that?

Closed Thread