Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2005, 05:59 PM   #1
bluntman5296
CF Newbie

radio installation problem

hey people, i have recently purchased a chevrolet camaro, and not very car smart, i was trying to install a sony explode cd player so i wouldnt have to have my stock casseste tape deck, anywayz i think i shorted a circut, what do i do?? can anyone help me
bluntman5296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 06:15 PM   #2
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntman5296
hey people, i have recently purchased a chevrolet camaro, and not very car smart, i was trying to install a sony explode cd player so i wouldnt have to have my stock casseste tape deck, anywayz i think i shorted a circut, what do i do?? can anyone help me

You probably just blew the accessory fuse. Go to the fuse box and see if it's blown or not. If it is, replace it for a quarter.

Remember when you always are working on electrical components in the car DISCONNECT the NEGATIVE battery terminal.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 09:40 PM   #3
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
You probably just blew the accessory fuse. Go to the fuse box and see if it's blown or not. If it is, replace it for a quarter.

Remember when you always are working on electrical components in the car DISCONNECT the NEGATIVE battery terminal.

heh, I jumped on someone for doing that....they were putting a stereo into the car, with the battery connected.... I was working on a different cars stereo at the time, and caught it out of the corner of my eye.... and gave them shit for it lol
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 11:40 PM   #4
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
heh, I jumped on someone for doing that....they were putting a stereo into the car, with the battery connected.... I was working on a different cars stereo at the time, and caught it out of the corner of my eye.... and gave them shit for it lol

I remember 4 years ago when i did my first install. I didnt disconnect it and blew the accessory fuse. Couldnt figure out why the HU wouldnt turn on, everything was connected properly, but sadly the power seat belts wouldnt go back and the clock didnt turn on, on the dash. Figured out pretty quick it was the damned 15a fuse!

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 12:53 AM   #5
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
I remember 4 years ago when i did my first install. I didnt disconnect it and blew the accessory fuse. Couldnt figure out why the HU wouldnt turn on, everything was connected properly, but sadly the power seat belts wouldnt go back and the clock didnt turn on, on the dash. Figured out pretty quick it was the damned 15a fuse!

lol well, i also heard them say SHIT, because the wires touched and sparked lmao
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote