Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2006, 02:39 AM   #1
Bo Jangles
CF Newbie

Lightbulb Mods on Chevy Cavalier? Need Advice!

So im soon to purchase a chevy cavalier coupe, and was wondering about how i can make it more sporty without too high of cost.

Some things im going to put on are cold air intake, exhaust headers.... anything else that would help me out for not too much $$ ???

THANKS
Bo Jangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 02:46 AM   #2
V-Tec
CF's student post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Jangles
So im soon to purchase a chevy cavalier coupe, and was wondering about how i can make it more sporty without too high of cost.

Some things im going to put on are cold air intake, exhaust headers.... anything else that would help me out for not too much $$ ???

THANKS
no offense but ur best bet would be to buy somethin else
Old 05-11-2006, 02:55 AM   #3
Bo Jangles
CF Newbie

Its also my first car, so its not like i have that many options man.. Of course i would choose something different if i could, but i gotta take what i can get and do the best with it, hence im asking for the advice
Old 05-11-2006, 02:59 AM   #4
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

I always hear that short shift kits are good for making the car feel sportier. I've never tried or had one though, but I think they aren't too expensive. Look into that....if its a manual.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:25 AM   #5
V-Tec
CF's student post whore

Quote:
Its also my first car, so its not like i have that many options man.. Of course i would choose something different if i could, but i gotta take what i can get and do the best with it, hence im asking for the advice
ya i understand but u see that car in my sig thats my first car too which i bough... Cavaliers arent that reliable so i wouldn;t recommend modding it cause u will prolly need money to fix it up.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:10 AM   #6
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Tec
ya i understand but u see that car in my sig thats my first car too which i bough... Cavaliers arent that reliable so i wouldn;t recommend modding it cause u will prolly need money to fix it up.

You should get past the fact that he has a Cavalier, and accept that thats the car he's going to have. He wants advice on how to modify it, so offer him some advice. If everyone had your ideal car, there would only be a few car manufacturers out there. And I'm not trying to start an argument, just see things from his point of view. Thats the car he wants.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:11 AM   #7
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:

THANKS
Here's the one thing that the peanut gallery never bothers to find out when they're pretending to answer. You need to define what you mean when you say "sporty" and "too high of cost". Without knowing that, anyone who answers you is just jerking off.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 12:59 AM   #8
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Tec

I have 4 friends that Have different year Cavaliers. None of them have had problems (besides your average repair wrok like brakes, etc.). Not trying to start an arguement, just letting you know my experiences with Cavies...

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 03:02 AM   #9
Bo Jangles
CF Newbie

Sporty-Cost

By 'sporty' i mean a nice fast car. Not talking bout nascar quick, street quick. and the price i have is around like 1500, possibly more with time. Thanks
Old 05-12-2006, 03:31 AM   #10
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
By 'sporty' i mean a nice fast car. Not talking bout nascar quick, street quick. and the price i have is around like 1500, possibly more with time. Thanks
Newsflash. Cavalier + $1500 does not = a nice fast car. It sounds to me as though you need to readjust or at least redefine your goal.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 05-12-2006, 04:14 AM   #11
Bo Jangles
CF Newbie

Ok

ok, well its a light car, and 1500 should give enough upgrades to make it street quick, so please just list some stuff that will help thanks
Old 05-12-2006, 04:18 AM   #12
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
ok, well its a light car, and 1500 should give enough upgrades to make it street quick, so please just list some stuff that will help thanks
Okay, have it your way. But until you take the time to tell us what year, engine and transmission you have, everything else is pissing in the wind. Unless you just want to put some neons, a wing and some NOS stickers on it. Those three things make ALL cars faster.

Old 05-13-2006, 01:20 AM   #13
Bo Jangles
CF Newbie

Car

its like a 97-02 not sure yet, seeing as i havent purchased yet.. but engine is a 4 cylinder, 5 speed manual and neons..wing...and nos stickers dont really help on speed...
Old 05-13-2006, 01:22 AM   #14
99integra
CF's Florida boy

It was a joke peanut, get a header and a full cat-back exhaust, short shifters are always nice, CAI, MSD, maybe a chip if they have one
Old 05-13-2006, 06:01 AM   #15
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

possibly a 75-100 shot of Nitrous if you plan on racing at the track once and a while. Just remember, short bursts...not hold down the button!!!!!!

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote