Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2005, 02:43 PM   #61
theman352001
--- Voice of Reason ---

I'll stop once you understand...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky2324
Okay sure were using copyright images but it's not like companies are gonna come out and start suing us for using a picture of the car or using a models picture. In a way were advertising for them by joining forums and showing off their product in our sig. ...
And are you advertising according to their established marketing strategy? Or, are you associating them with something they may not want to be part of? That is why they copyright stuff. To protect their brand and its image. So that nobody could legally stick (for example) the McDonald's logo to the side of some junker and go "advertise" for them. Does CarForums really want to be associated with the Eclipse in your signiture? Perhaps. Perhaps not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky2324
.... As for file sharing that will never be stopped cause if the programs are down theres others ways of doing it but they don't think of it that way. All you would have to do is go to your friends house with a external hard drive and save all his music into there and vice versa. Now if we could get back to the original topic.
Sure there are other ways around it. Heck, back in the cassette days you could copy easily. Could the big companies come after you? Sure could. Would they? Probably not. It would cost them too much and they wouldn't get much out of you. Today it is much easier to share files. That is why the music industry went after Napster AND some of the average Joes who used it. They needed to make an example out of somebody and take away the easy method for file sharing. Now, if you want the free music, you have to go more out of your way to get it.

Come to Wisconsin and smell our dairy air.
theman352001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 09:00 PM   #62
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman352001
I'll stop once you understand...

And are you advertising according to their established marketing strategy? Or, are you associating them with something they may not want to be part of? That is why they copyright stuff. To protect their brand and its image. So that nobody could legally stick (for example) the McDonald's logo to the side of some junker and go "advertise" for them. Does CarForums really want to be associated with the Eclipse in your signiture? Perhaps. Perhaps not.

Sure there are other ways around it. Heck, back in the cassette days you could copy easily. Could the big companies come after you? Sure could. Would they? Probably not. It would cost them too much and they wouldn't get much out of you. Today it is much easier to share files. That is why the music industry went after Napster AND some of the average Joes who used it. They needed to make an example out of somebody and take away the easy method for file sharing. Now, if you want the free music, you have to go more out of your way to get it.
I honestly think you are missing the point here. Nobody really cares right now about all this pointless babble. If you want to cry about copyright laws, make a new thread and post this conversation in there. This however is not the place to do it, so stop.

I am glad you can use the internet, but honestly I just don't give a damn. So quit looking for a pat on the back, cause I think all you are gonna get in this forum is a door hitting you in the ass. Oh and please feel free to respond to this and further take this topic off-track, just remmeber to post a sig with it Thank you
Old 09-29-2005, 02:19 AM   #63
Oomba
Banned

I'll make a serious one in it a bit.
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 04:42 AM   #64
ahoo
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba

I'll make a serious one in it a bit.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha dude haven't stopped laughing for 5 minutes now man that's reall good bro.

does anyone here use photoimpression?

It's not cheating...............It's studying during the exam
ahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 04:45 AM   #65
chris_knows
๑۩۞

That's amazing...Can't wait to see the next one

ahoo I don't use photoimpression, but I'm downloading it now
Old 09-29-2005, 04:56 AM   #66
ahoo
CF Addict

yea its an alright simpler and cheaper version o photoshop. it doesnt have half as much as photoshop but i was able to make an initial d type comic using gt4 pictures heres one page

Old 09-29-2005, 04:59 AM   #67
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoo
yea its an alright simpler and cheaper version o photoshop. it doesnt have half as much as photoshop but i was able to make an initial d type comic using gt4 pictures heres one page

Nice...That's pretty sweet!!
Old 09-29-2005, 05:10 AM   #68
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Ok, I was advised to attempt a clean up of this thread, but instead, I'm just gonna ask you all nicely to shut the **** up about Copy Write theft. It may be relevent in certain situations, but not really in here.....so the next person to quote a post about CW or to take this thread OT, will have their post deleted

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 02:02 PM   #69
theman352001
--- Voice of Reason ---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voda48
I honestly think you are missing the point here. Nobody really cares right now about all this pointless babble.....
It is you who are missing the point.

Quote:
... So quit looking for a pat on the back, .....
Pat on the back huh? Is that why I'm here? Gee and here I thought it was to inform those who perhaps didn't know any better. Please, I don't need your approval or praise.

Quote:
... cause I think all you are gonna get in this forum is a door hitting you in the ass. .....
And how is this going to happen?

The only way it will happen is like this........

(you stated my car needed to be in there so......)

Are you happy "censorship" Cliffy? Like my new sig picture? Perhaps it's too big. I'll see if I can shrink it up with some exercise.

Last edited by theman352001 : 09-29-2005 at 02:13 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:05 PM   #70
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman352001
The ladies say I am too small
Wow I can make up quotes too.

At least after all the babble we got a sig. Too bad I really cant tell what the other part of the pic is.

Ahoo I really like the comic man. That is cool
Old 09-29-2005, 06:38 PM   #71
Spanky2324
JDM LOL

Are we limited to just car sigs or can we create something else also? Heres another STI sig. I need a different car idea.

92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature

Owning a DSM is like having retarded kids. You get angered and frustrated by them yet you love them to death.
Spanky2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 07:43 PM   #72
theman352001
--- Voice of Reason ---

Quote:
.... Too bad I really cant tell what the other part of the pic is....:
Figures.....

I'm guessing you can tell the car. Perhaps not, it is the yellow thing in the lower left corner. Can you find the door? It is the brown thing right above my screen name. It may be hard to recognize because it is sideways.

Well, since you're the one who said.......
Quote:
.... cause I think all you are gonna get in this forum is a door hitting you in the ass.....:
That would make the "other part" of the picture my ......can you figure it out now? mmmmmmkkkkkk

Old 09-30-2005, 12:27 AM   #73
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Test1

[IMG][/IMG]
Test2
Godlaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 02:33 AM   #74
ahoo
CF Addict

Quote:

Ahoo I really like the comic man. That is cool

thanks man took me an hour LOL

oh and heres anotha 1

ENJOY

Last edited by ahoo : 09-30-2005 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:02 PM   #75
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

There are in fact several "artists" in the world who simply take images from other people, blend them together and do other things, and then proceed that what they have done is their own, not those who origionally took the pictures/ painted the paintings. There have been several lawsuits on this topic.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote