Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-29-2004, 04:46 PM   #1
wgpjohn
CF Newbie

VW maniacs, please respond!

Hi, I have in my hands a 1970 Beetle(not super beetle). It been sitting outside for about 8 - 10 years, so its in rough shape. I was planning on pieceing it apart and selling the parts, figureing I could make more profit that way. I have researched the price of used parts and such on ebay, can you tell me is there more demand these days for VW beetle parts, and can you tell me some of the most searched for parts out there? Thanks.

"Shit ..... I'm waiting for the sun to shine" - Travis - Taxi Driver
wgpjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 08:54 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgpjohn
Hi, I have in my hands a 1970 Beetle(not super beetle). It been sitting outside for about 8 - 10 years, so its in rough shape. I was planning on pieceing it apart and selling the parts, figureing I could make more profit that way. I have researched the price of used parts and such on ebay, can you tell me is there more demand these days for VW beetle parts, and can you tell me some of the most searched for parts out there? Thanks.
A '70 Beetle is not an especially sought after car, nor does it have any extraordinary parts. Add to the fact that by your own description the car is in rough shape. So, can you make more money selling it for parts than the whole car? The answer to that is most definately maybe. It all depends on what parts are there and in what shape. One question you have to ask yourself is how much work will you have to do, how much more money will you make and is the difference worth it.

Now as I recall a few months ago this car was going to be restored due to sentimental value. Also at that time it was either a '66, '67 or '71. So my question to you is, is this a valid, sincere attempt at research or another of your many pointless, stump the dummy questions?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 08:58 PM   #3
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
A '70 Beetle is not an especially sought after car, nor does it have any extraordinary parts. Add to the fact that by your own description the car is in rough shape. So, can you make more money selling it for parts than the whole car? The answer to that is most definately maybe. It all depends on what parts are there and in what shape. One question you have to ask yourself is how much work will you have to do, how much more money will you make and is the difference worth it.

Now as I recall a few months ago this car was going to be restored due to sentimental value. Also at that time it was either a '66, '67 or '71. So my question to you is, is this a valid, sincere attempt at research or another of your many pointless, stump the dummy questions?

Goodness!! What a memory!

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 09:01 PM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
Goodness!! What a memory!
Trust me, it's a curse. It causes more trouble than anything. I'm told I've got two thing in common with an elephant, my memory and what's in my underwear.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 09:05 PM   #5
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
Trust me, it's a curse. It causes more trouble than anything. I'm told I've got two thing in common with an elephant, my memory and what's in my underwear.

Yeah, a big ass.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 12:24 AM   #6
wgpjohn
CF Newbie

Yes, you are correct about the past post. I was hoping to possibly restore the car, but after more carefull examination I found it was out of my league. Plus, my priorities have changed, I now need the money for other things. At the time, my father had no idea what year it was and how long it has been sitting there. In the past two weeks I have begun talking to him more about it and he 100% believes its either a 70 or a 71. Thank you for your reply and damn you do have a good memory.

"Shit ..... I'm waiting for the sun to shine" - Travis - Taxi Driver
wgpjohn is offline   Reply With Quote