Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which one do you prefer?
SR20DET 33 67.35%
KA24DET 16 32.65%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2004, 12:29 AM   #16
jzxTT
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopewite
Does that make sense to anyone other than jzxTT?
hahahaha... im a dumbass... only in this thread though... and dont say anything vwhobo.. i can smell a comment from u a mile away
"this is my little bro..."

Last edited by jzxTT : 03-05-2004 at 01:17 AM.
jzxTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 12:44 AM   #17
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzxTT
hahahaha... im a dumbass... only in this thread though... and dont say anything vwhobo.. i can smell a comment from u a mile away

Apparently...you would be the only knowing the smell of his "asswhole."

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 01:16 AM   #18
Vassar
CF Newbie

No one has given their opinion. The only thing that I've seen is "The KA comes from America and the SR20 comes from Japan!" Comeon people, quit copying posts!

The SR20DET seems to be the better of the two engines. Just like the Silvia is the better of the 2 cars. The Silvia is just made better, IMO. Don't get me wrong, I like both, the 240 and Silvia, but prefer the Silvia.
Vassar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 09:10 AM   #19
jzxTT
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vassar
No one has given their opinion. The only thing that I've seen is "The KA comes from America and the SR20 comes from Japan!" Comeon people, quit copying posts!

The SR20DET seems to be the better of the two engines. Just like the Silvia is the better of the 2 cars. The Silvia is just made better, IMO. Don't get me wrong, I like both, the 240 and Silvia, but prefer the Silvia.
I agree, The SR20 is an awsome engine. Best 4cyl [opinion](S15)
jzxTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 10:19 AM   #20
Arthur
On Probation

it costs more to swap out a ka24DE and swap in an SR20det than it does to turbo the ka24DE. besides you dont need real High revs to make power, thats just plain SILLY. all engines have something called a powerband and if you stay within that powerband your fine. if i got a 240sx id stick with the ka motor simply because torque is your friend on the street. and it can be as competitive as the sr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vassar

Ummmm..... the silvia and the 240sx are the Exact same car, differences arent that big, ones rhd ones lhd, one has a turbo motor one has a n/a motor. They are Very different cars. i dont even know why you said that.....the looks are exterior only, They share the same damn body and chassie

Last edited by Arthur : 03-05-2004 at 10:21 AM.
Arthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 11:46 AM   #21
jzxTT
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur
it costs more to swap out a ka24DE and swap in an SR20det than it does to turbo the ka24DE. besides you dont need real High revs to make power, thats just plain SILLY. all engines have something called a powerband and if you stay within that powerband your fine. if i got a 240sx id stick with the ka motor simply because torque is your friend on the street. and it can be as competitive as the sr.

Ummmm..... the silvia and the 240sx are the Exact same car, differences arent that big, ones rhd ones lhd, one has a turbo motor one has a n/a motor. They are Very different cars. i dont even know why you said that.....the looks are exterior only, They share the same damn body and chassie
But the sr20 is still a lot better. regardless of how much $$$ will be spent.
Old 03-05-2004, 11:47 PM   #22
Vassar
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur

The differences are the front and rear ends, the basic looks of the car and the engine.
Vassar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 09:27 PM   #23
kazmihasi
CF Newbie

Nope wrong

Look bone stock a sr20det is a better engine than a Ka24de even if you turbo charge the Ka24. But like the saying "there's no replacement for Displacement" goes which I belive is true, what you should do is build both a Sr and a Ka to see with is better. I believe the Ka will be better. Oh and another thing I would love to see a Skyline as nice as they are beat a top Fuel dragster or a funnycar. Which won't ever happen unless you put a american big block or the next best thing which is a Toyota V8. Show me and I'll bow down to you. Plus it takes more power to push fours wheels than two Ok. I have seen 1125 hp Skylines but i have also seen 3,000 to 6223hp american beasts ok. Thakn you.
kazmihasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 09:41 PM   #24
SuperJew
I like pie.

you said bone! *beavis and butt-head laugh*

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 02:22 AM   #25
tbaxleyjr
CF Extraordinaire

KA24DE (non turbo) also found its way into Altimas from 1993 until 2001
tbaxleyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 07:47 AM   #26
Enan
CF Newbie

Here in the US many states are becoming very emissions strict. And the SR may not pass any visual or emmission inspection the Emmissions testers may perform. Plus the SR20DET is not legal for Daily Use.

Also one engine is not better than the other. It just depends on your application. Yes the SR is a higher revving engie due to it's shorter stroke and the KA is a more Torquey engine. But that does not make one better than the other.

However because the 240SX is an almost perfect drift car many people are just leaving the KA in and upgrading the suspension.

Just my
Enan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 09:05 PM   #27
sage
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enan
Here in the US many states are becoming very emissions strict. And the SR may not pass any visual or emmission inspection the Emmissions testers may perform. Plus the SR20DET is not legal for Daily Use.

Also one engine is not better than the other. It just depends on your application. Yes the SR is a higher revving engie due to it's shorter stroke and the KA is a more Torquey engine. But that does not make one better than the other.

However because the 240SX is an almost perfect drift car many people are just leaving the KA in and upgrading the suspension.

Just my

thanks for sticking up for the ka24de! although this may be my first post on this board, i post on many 240sx forums, and the other day when searching for some decent detailed information on the ka24de came upon this, a horrible misleading thread about sr20det vs ka24de! the ka24de is built just as strong as the sr20de, as in, forged internals, piston cooling oil squrters, closed deck block, and the iron block of coures- stronger than an aluminum block! also the small combustion chamber design (due to the smallish bore) helps minimize chances of detonation and chamber hot spots, making it a perfect shoe in for turbocharging, and making me wonder why nissan didnt turbo it and put it into silvias and the like! i know the tuners in japan would have LOVED it, as they have been stroking/boring out the sr20det's for years, trying to extract more displacement and thus more horsepower and a better powerband, on LESS boost (more reliable)! anyways, for example, i have a ka24det that makes 270whp and 280wtq @ 8psi of boost, with no chances of detonation.....unless maybe its 120degrees outside or something insane like that......scc's project silvia made 270whp @ like what, 17psi or something like that? thats some serious boost to push through any engine, and is quite hard on it, even though its such a stout engine!

as for revability issues and you guys argueing about powerbands, my ka24det has a revlimiter @ 7500rpm, and it pulls hard right up till that limiter! the rod/stroke ratio on the ka24de, at 1.72:1 (or so) is BETTER than that on the sr20det's rod ratio, and thus complaining that the long stroke keeps it from revving is completely bogus!

just food for thought on all you ka24de haters! its just as thoroughly engineered and good an engine as the sr20's are, nissan just though us fat americans needed a little more torquey oomf down low to get us moving
well thats my .02 cents. , feel free to comment and point out errors ill be happy to discuss any issues......
-sage
sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 10:51 PM   #28
nitehawk_87
CF Newbie

im clueless about the "skyline owns..." thing too
we americans (even though im canadian ) could waste any jap car at the dragstrip

Sign at a gas station:
we collect taxes-federal, provincial, and municipal
we also sell gas on the side

Last edited by nitehawk_87 : 05-17-2004 at 10:53 PM.
nitehawk_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 11:06 PM   #29
sage
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitehawk_87
im clueless about the "skyline owns..." thing too
we americans (even though im canadian ) could waste any jap car at the dragstrip
hahaha.......im american, and with the proper $$$$$$$ (and thus components and engineers and testing etc. etc.), any car could beat any other car.....but it wouldnt even be the same car anymore! as for the jap car vs. american car debate, what are you comparing? if you compare a modified viper to a modified skyline, they will be very close on a roadcourse, skyline being easier to drive of course, the skyline will own the dragstrip, and the skyline will stop better. looks are all relative, the skyline will get way better gas mileage, and be more comfortable (vipers have bad ergonomics and an angled driving position.) its just a pointless debate!
there are pro drag racers that are running 6's now i believe, with the 2jzgtte.....now infamous toyota supra motor. thats as good as the pro racers running fi v8's...........so whatever.
i just love cars, speed, and smoking rubber!
sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 07:24 AM   #30
JeffGodOfBiskut
CF Newbie

jzxTT, click the link. here, i'll give it again:

PWNAGE!!

that's how the skyline gets pwned strong time... yeah... just informing, not arguing

*Dreams*
JeffGodOfBiskut is offline   Reply With Quote