Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2004, 10:43 AM   #1
jzxTT
CF Addict

300zx drift car????

ive heard that a 300zx isnt a drift car because its too heavy... i dont know the weight of an average drift car but the 300zx shouldnt b too heavy (3500lb's) to drift... any info on wether this is a good idea or a bad idea just put your here...
jzxTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 10:57 AM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzxTT
ive heard that a 300zx isnt a drift car because its too heavy... i dont know the weight of an average drift car but the 300zx shouldnt b too heavy (3500lb's) to drift... any info on wether this is a good idea or a bad idea just put your here...
The 300ZX is RWD so it'll drift, only trouble is , they are only available in Auto transmission (they are here anyway) so getting the back end out will be more of a chore than if it was a manual shift..but it does have a 3litre V6 Twin Turbo under the bonnet so believe be, it'll drift!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 04:39 PM   #3
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
The 300ZX is RWD so it'll drift, only trouble is , they are only available in Auto transmission (they are here anyway) so getting the back end out will be more of a chore than if it was a manual shift..but it does have a 3litre V6 Twin Turbo under the bonnet so believe be, it'll drift!

Ya...must be an England thing. I've driven several 5 spd 300z's!

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 04:45 PM   #4
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
Ya...must be an England thing. I've driven several 5 spd 300z's!
Grrr I hate this country...In that case, it'll definately drift!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Old 02-28-2004, 07:13 PM   #5
snoopewite
The 1st CF Entrepreneur

Cliffy, In England the last generation 300ZX first came as a manual but a 4-speed automatic transmission was optional in '91. From '92 onwards, the automatic transmission was standard and the 5-speed manual was a no-cost option.

By the way, manual transmissions in 300ZXs are known for getting shredded so that'll be why automatics are more popular… at least in England anyway.
snoopewite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 07:19 PM   #6
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopewite
Cliffy, In England the last generation 300ZX first came as a manual but a 4-speed automatic transmission was optional in '91. From '92 onwards, the automatic transmission was standard and the 5-speed manual was a no-cost option.

By the way, manual transmissions in 300ZXs are known for getting shredded so that'll be why automatics are more popular… at least in England anyway.
Thanx for that insight snoopewite! It must have been due to the fact that a manual was an option that made me think that *knows now*

Old 03-01-2004, 11:04 PM   #7
jzxTT
CF Addict

someone suggested weight reduction but... ive seen people drift in mini vans .... my z's a 5 spd.. ive never seen an auto 300zx, but i know they exist... i dont see many z's around Campbell... the ladiez Luv it .... ive never heard about Z's having tranny problems.. if u've got n e more info on that plzz let me know.. thnxs
Old 03-01-2004, 11:10 PM   #8
jzxTT
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopewite
“I’m not saying I’ve used cocaine… but if I did it was merely a ‘youthful indiscretion’. Today I’m clean and I’m tough on crime… so if I catch you using coke, I don’t want to hear any of that ‘youthful indiscretion’ nonsense, I’m throwing your crack-addicted ass in prison. That’s not hypocrisy, that’s just politics."
George Bush Junior
the prez did coke b 4 ?? hahahahahahaha
Old 03-02-2004, 12:07 AM   #9
snoopewite
The 1st CF Entrepreneur

Thanks for that jzxTT. Unlike some people *cough*lectroid*cough* it's good to see that someone can laugh at my signature Just kidding lectroid
While I'm at it, you're welcome Cliffy
snoopewite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 07:21 PM   #10
Nissan_240SX
CF Newbie

i would highly suggest using a 300zx for a drift car. it's RWD so it will drift, get a 5spd also. weight reduction is a very good idea, the lighter the better. good luck, 300zx's are badasses.
Nissan_240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 08:20 AM   #11
jzxTT
CF Addict

thanks bro... ya it is a 5spd... u know where i can get a good cf hood?