Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2004, 07:09 PM   #31
Nissan_240SX
CF Newbie

fast and the furious = realistic
2 fast 2 furious = retarded (exceptions: skyline, s2000)

first one was very good with fast cars and descent acting, second one, all i can say is...horrible...
Old 03-04-2004, 07:26 PM   #32
snoopewite
The 1st CF Entrepreneur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_240SX
fast and the furious = realistic

first one was very good with fast cars and descent acting

Okay, I've managed to overcome my fits of laughter. I'm calm now.
It is a fact that there were some fast cars (and some were just pretending) in "The Fast And The Furious" but how was it realistic?

Last edited by snoopewite : 03-04-2004 at 07:29 PM.
snoopewite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 08:17 PM   #33
enron fever
CF Addict

and actually if you saw HOW they made the movie, you'd know that basically every single ricer scene was shot with a rice body on top of a customized van, that had a camera in it and just did donut's in a parking lot. there was hardly any "racing" at all.
enron fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 10:49 PM   #34
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

i saw part of the first movie and didn't bother to watch the rest, and untill some1 gives me a free copy of the second i doubt i'll watch it either..however reading up on the specs for the cars isn't too bad.. the supra the supra in the film was based on (the film version was a copy...yeah, ok, u knew already...) runs at 530 bhp wiv out N2O, so in all fairness it is a reasonably quick car..(the charger rules...anyone got any specs on it??) however all the evos they used were standard 276 bhp engines that jus had bodykits and ICE.. but all the races are obviously staged, but who cares. if u no better than to believe that the charger should have beaten the supra, or the Yenko Camaro should have beaten the evo then jus b thankfull that ur not as stupid as some ppl who believe otherwise.. i live in the UK and there are some ppl here who worship the films and all they can talk about as being the best modification is a "NOS" system... .. even some of my friends think that street racing really happens like that, but like i sed, if u no better than jus be thankful and b glad ur not one of the muppets driving around in a car older than urself wiv stupid "NOS" stickers on their cars but wiv out actually having a N2O system installed.. yes, they really do do that here.. help me, get me out of here...!!!

Last edited by R34RB30DETTV : 03-08-2004 at 10:53 PM.
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 11:32 AM   #35
jmyers0341
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas
I dont think the races were realistic whatsoever. A Supra Turbo being line ball with a Dodge Charger with a Supercharged V8 running 9.0. I doubt it!

Wow. There are plenty of Surpas out there that will run 9's all day and stomp all over American muscle. Go to http://www.to4r.com and check out the awesome cars there. Just because a big ol' heavy Charger has a blown V8 doesn't mean a Supra couldn't keep with it.

Watch some of those videos--pretty amazing.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:32 PM   #36
archangle
CF Enthusiast

I say ya it is realistic.
archangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 06:55 PM   #37
snoopewite
The 1st CF Entrepreneur

archangel, again I'll ask how is it realistic?
Old 03-09-2004, 08:21 PM   #38
enron fever
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopewite
archangel, again I'll ask how is it realistic?
because everybody knows that all you need is NAWZ and some Type-R stickers to make a car run 9's!
Old 03-09-2004, 09:10 PM   #39
karburator
CF Spain HQ

I liked F'n'F even though I think it wasn't realistic. But I didn't like 2F2F. I think it's a bad film. Some scenes are too incredible, as that Evo running backwards through the highway, and I hate that scene when a truck smashes a Mustang

I also hate 'Gone in 60 seconds'. I think it could be a good film, but its predictible and I don't like when they destroy the Camaro and the Shelby GT500. They could give them to me!!!!!

It cannot be so difficult. The instruction manual will tell me which pedal is the 'velocitator' and which one is the... 'deceleratrix' (by Mr. C.M. Burns)
May God bless those who have nothing to say and, furthermore, they keep quiet (by someone)
karburator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 06:06 AM   #40
Smoke
CF Newbie

The Fast and the Furious was fairly realistic.But did they have to wreck out the Eclipse?It was my fav car.....

2 Fast 2 Furious, um,extremely fake.In some of the racing scenes, you can see that the cars probably never went over 20 mph.I mean, come on.If your goin 120+ mph, those lil white lines would be going by your car faster than that.The list of stuff like that goes on and on...Also, on the road, have you EVER seen an 18 wheeler high enough off the ground that a Civic can park under it?

Some of the cars are okay though...
Old 03-10-2004, 01:44 PM   #41
snoopewite
The 1st CF Entrepreneur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke
The Fast and the Furious was fairly realistic.

It's great how people can make flat statements like that and then not be able to back them up

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke
But did they have to wreck out the Eclipse?It was my fav car.....

I know If I had $80,000 then I'd definitley spend it on an Eclipse

"THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS" IS NOT REALISTIC!
Old 03-10-2004, 01:55 PM   #42
Vassar
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmyers0341
Wow. There are plenty of Surpas out there that will run 9's all day and stomp all over American muscle. Go to http://www.to4r.com and check out the awesome cars there. Just because a big ol' heavy Charger has a blown V8 doesn't mean a Supra couldn't keep with it.

Watch some of those videos--pretty amazing.

You have to be kidding me?

"Big Daddy's" Ford Mustang holds the drag record for both, street tires AND drag radials! Actually, he just set another record in the 7s range this past year!

Keep in mind, this Mustang that "Big Daddy" is driving is COMPLETELY street legal!
Old 03-10-2004, 03:18 PM   #43
karburator
CF Spain HQ

About 2F2F: Does anybody know how many gears have that cars got? It doesn't mind if they are running at 150 mph in 5th or 6th. They always find another gear that pulls them into the hyperspace

It cannot be so difficult. The instruction manual will tell me which pedal is the 'velocitator' and which one is the... 'deceleratrix' (by Mr. C.M. Burns)
May God bless those who have nothing to say and, furthermore, they keep quiet (by someone)
karburator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 09:47 PM   #44
SuperJew
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karburator
About 2F2F: Does anybody know how many gears have that cars got? It doesn't mind if they are running at 150 mph in 5th or 6th. They always find another gear that pulls them into the hyperspace

i was just noticing that when i was watching 2F2F the other day...from the movie it seems as though they have like 9 or 10 gears.

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 10:30 PM   #45
enron fever
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
i was just noticing that when i was watching 2F2F the other day...from the movie it seems as though they have like 9 or 10 gears.
maybe they are just letting off the gas and clutching for a more "dramatic" effect to the total realism of these movies?