Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2004, 02:34 AM   #1
SilverCivicSi98
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 43
What is the Best Year for the Honda Civic?

What would you say is the best year for the Honda Civic? Im talkin' about any model or style. CX, EX, DX, SI, LX. Hatchback, Sedan, Coupe. Anything. Personally I like the 1995 Civic EX Coupe. That's my favorite that I've seen so far... or a 1994 Civic DX Coupe.
__________________
I got a cat yesterday.

Ya, I had to swerve, but I got it.

When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

Member of the unofficial Vwhobo fan club.
SilverCivicSi98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 02:44 AM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCivicSi98
What would you say is the best year for the Honda Civic? Im talkin' about any model or style. CX, EX, DX, SI, LX. Hatchback, Sedan, Coupe. Anything. Personally I like the 1995 Civic EX Coupe. That's my favorite that I've seen so far... or a 1994 Civic DX Coupe.
See what I mean about children, ricers and the need to ask "what's the best"? Some people will never get it.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 02:45 AM   #3
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!
 
mazda6man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,158
its a big opinion, i like all the hatches from 88 to now, especially the 96-98 "bigbutt" hatches, and i really like the new SI hatches (not to many people seem to for some reason. and the only coupes i like are the 96-2000 SI's

but if i had to say a best one, id say the 2000 type R hatches *drools*
__________________
I = JDM titeness
Toyota 4 Life;
I rock X Chassis Toyotas daily
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 02:48 AM   #4
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!
 
mazda6man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
See what I mean about children, ricers and the need to ask "what's the best"? Some people will never get it.


i think hes just asking for an opinion... i dont see why you need to try and make him look like an idiot... im glad youre god noone on earth is as smart and good as you. CUT PEOPLE SOME SLACK
__________________
I = JDM titeness
Toyota 4 Life;
I rock X Chassis Toyotas daily
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 02:51 AM   #5
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda6man
i think hes just asking for an opinion... i dont see why you need to try and make him look like an idiot... im glad youre god noone on earth is as smart and good as you. CUT PEOPLE SOME SLACK
It has nothing to do with being smart, it has to do with common sense. He asked "What would you say is the best year for the Honda Civic?". Best year for what?
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 02:56 AM   #6
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!
 
mazda6man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
It has nothing to do with being smart, it has to do with common sense. He asked "What would you say is the best year for the Honda Civic?". Best year for what?

you do have a point, but at the some time, it doesnt always hurt to assume you know what hes talking about... but at the same time he should know that in most cases the newer car is generally better. for instance, stock, a new SI is pullin on the 88 SI pretty easy
__________________
I = JDM titeness
Toyota 4 Life;
I rock X Chassis Toyotas daily
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 03:04 AM   #7
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda6man
you do have a point, but at the some time, it doesnt always hurt to assume you know what hes talking about... but at the same time he should know that in most cases the newer car is generally better. for instance, stock, a new SI is pullin on the 88 SI pretty easy
But you see, that's the problem with assumptions. Maybe he's looking for a Civic to carry his three Great Danes around in. Then wouldn't a mid '80's Civic wagon be "the best". Maybe he's looking for a Civic so he can mount his NOS set of 12" radials and get some use out of them. Well, then a mid '70's Civic would be the best because they came with 12" wheels. In either of those cases your SI examples would both be wrong.

I know these examples are extreme and absurd, but that's just the point. It's absurd to ask the "what's best" question with no defining parameters. What's best for you and what's best for me are most likely two very different things.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 03:08 AM   #8
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!
 
mazda6man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,158
very true, muh bad
__________________
I = JDM titeness
Toyota 4 Life;
I rock X Chassis Toyotas daily
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 09:40 AM   #9
jzxTT
CF Addict
 
jzxTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Near by
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCivicSi98
What would you say is the best year for the Honda Civic? Im talkin' about any model or style. CX, EX, DX, SI, LX. Hatchback, Sedan, Coupe. Anything. Personally I like the 1995 Civic EX Coupe. That's my favorite that I've seen so far... or a 1994 Civic DX Coupe.
seems to me like your a dreamer kid.. nothing wrong with that... I remember when i was car crazy and couldnt wait to get a license, but its not all that great..... car insurance on a sports car for a teen is usually sky high... i pay 3,600 a year!!! please if your bullsh!ttin everyone stop now... i could be postin somewhere else... but if your not, i've hear the 95 civic was the fastest so far.... but why do you want the fastest... does it really matter wether u get a 180hp civic or a 185 hp civic... it dont really matter.. just be thankful to have a car when u get one... keep in mind street racing is illegal and 9 times out of 10 is more trouble than its worth .. and speeding tickets suCK
jzxTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 03:12 PM   #10
SilverCivicSi98
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzxTT
seems to me like your a dreamer kid.. nothing wrong with that... I remember when i was car crazy and couldnt wait to get a license, but its not all that great..... car insurance on a sports car for a teen is usually sky high... i pay 3,600 a year!!! please if your bullsh!ttin everyone stop now... i could be postin somewhere else... but if your not, i've hear the 95 civic was the fastest so far.... but why do you want the fastest... does it really matter wether u get a 180hp civic or a 185 hp civic... it dont really matter.. just be thankful to have a car when u get one... keep in mind street racing is illegal and 9 times out of 10 is more trouble than its worth .. and speeding tickets suCK

A '95 Honda Civic EX Coupe is listed as a racing car on your insurance?
__________________
I got a cat yesterday.

Ya, I had to swerve, but I got it.

When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

Member of the unofficial Vwhobo fan club.
SilverCivicSi98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 03:27 PM   #11
SilverCivicSi98
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 43
Well, I just went to Progressive Auto Insurance.com, typed in all my info, and found out I should be paying only $592 for a 6 month period.
__________________
I got a cat yesterday.

Ya, I had to swerve, but I got it.

When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

Member of the unofficial Vwhobo fan club.
SilverCivicSi98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 04:36 PM   #12
snoopewite
The 1st CF Entrepreneur
 
snoopewite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: England
Posts: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCivicSi98
A '95 Honda Civic EX Coupe is listed as a racing car on your insurance?


He didn't say that. Apparently it's a "sports car"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzxTT
keep in mind street racing is illegal and 9 times out of 10 is more trouble than its worth .. and speeding tickets suCK

What's street racing and speeding tickets got to do with with "the best year for a the Honda Civic"?
__________________
This signature is in memory of vwhobo 03-26-2003 - 04-27-2004
The vwhobo fan club lives on for as long as his e-spirit lurks around these forums.
Late vwhobo fan club members - R34RB30DETTV, SuperJew, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty101, Integra_LS, Karburator, DodgeRida67, Bubba, Importluva and snoopewite - instigator of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
snoopewite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 10:59 PM   #13
jzxTT
CF Addict
 
jzxTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Near by
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopewite
What's street racing and speeding tickets got to do with with "the best year for a the Honda Civic"?
Why else would he want the "fastest" year honda for... why is he asking manual or automatic, i would guess that his intentions are to race if he's basing things off of the fast and the furious.... hey SilverCivicSi, dont you think it'd b "tight" if you could go to the races and win you some Doe Rae Me, (money).. i mean thats why u want the fastest civic and want to know whats faster beetween manual and automatic right

Last edited by jzxTT : 03-02-2004 at 11:07 PM.
jzxTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 11:50 PM   #14
SilverCivicSi98
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 43
OK, you didnt answer my question... is a Honda Civic EX Coupe a 'sports car' as listed on my insurance? there I didnt say racing car. I meant a sports car that would cost extra on insurance such as an eclipse or supra which i know would cost way more than I could afford. you say 3600 a year but Progressive says around 1200. So im guessing it wont cost a the same as a sports car. And, no i dont think it would be 'tight' to go racing and get money. Thats what a job is for. Then I would work on the outside with the money I get from my 'job'. And the reason I asked about manual had nothing to do with racing. Many said it was more fun than auto. And im not looking for a boring first car, so im now getting a manual. But not to race.
__________________
I got a cat yesterday.

Ya, I had to swerve, but I got it.

When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

Member of the unofficial Vwhobo fan club.
SilverCivicSi98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 11:54 PM   #15
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCivicSi98
OK, you didnt answer my question... is a Honda Civic EX Coupe a 'sports car' as listed on my insurance? there I didnt say racing car. I meant a sports car that would cost extra on insurance such as an eclipse or supra which i know would cost way more than I could afford. you say 3600 a year but Progressive says around 1200. So im guessing it wont cost a the same as a sports car. And, no i dont think it would be 'tight' to go racing and get money. Thats what a job is for. Then I would work on the outside with the money I get from my 'job'. And the reason I asked about manual had nothing to do with racing. Many said it was more fun than auto. And im not looking for a boring first car, so im now getting a manual. But not to race.

Since you are young and inexperienced, I'll tell you the low-down.

To an insurance company, most 2-door vehicles are considered a "sports" car...ok.
.
.
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.