Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: who owns who?
Imports 0wn American muscle 16 44.44%
American muscle 0wn Imports 20 55.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2004, 11:46 PM   #16
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzxTT
I also got forged wiesco pistons ....back to the topic... i raced my friends dads.. (dont know the year) nova and got smoked.. my car is fresh outta the shop ... but then again he puts out 900hp so i guess u could say .... i got served ... but any ways ... i dont see why anyone would want an old ass car... people do like what they like.. im sure people dont understand why i would spend 12 thousand on a 300zx either... but ill tell you it was damn well worth the 12k , Imports are just so much better than that old shit... even stock import vs A.muscle import would win.. it wins each and every time .. the fast and the furious is bullsh!it... i dont fukc with nitrous oxide and ive beaten a cougar before... (dont know what year) lo0ks like a muscle car.. my point is old toys break easily
The more I read the more I think you have no point at all. You have just made more unsupported statements which are really nothing more than your uneducated opinion.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline  
Old 03-03-2004, 12:03 AM   #17
jzxTT
CF Addict
 
jzxTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Near by
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
The more I read the more I think you have no point at all. You have just made more unsupported statements which are really nothing more than your uneducated opinion.
a bro.. go get laid seems like u aint got n e pussy in years... all u doin is talking sh!t man... and ur ruining this forum with ur little b!tchy attitude.. .. y dont u post in this new thread.. you should see it....
jzxTT is offline  
Old 03-03-2004, 12:09 AM   #18
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzxTT
a bro.. go get laid seems like u aint got n e pussy in years... all u doin is talking sh!t man... and ur ruining this forum with ur little b!tchy attitude.. .. y dont u post in this new thread.. you should see it....
Better yet, I have a splendid idea for you. Why don't you take your imaginary car and your mindless drivel and go f*ck yourself (that would be your version of getting pussy). I think if you read through this thread you'll find you're the one with the attitude who is talking sh*t. So far your magazine knowledge hasn't impressed me, or anyone else I think, in any positive way.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline  
Old 03-03-2004, 12:17 AM   #19
jzxTT
CF Addict
 
jzxTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Near by
Posts: 293
..... hah, i dont really give a sh!t about impressing anyone, i dont think anyone posting here gives a sh!t about being "impressive" .... hah.. your not a very good example
jzxTT is offline  
Old 03-03-2004, 02:03 AM   #20
Vassar
CF Newbie
 
Vassar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 81
Seriously, what are you peoples deal with the Skyline?

Every statement made about Japanese cars has something to do with a Skyline. The Skyline is overweight, and the only reason you people think it's fast is because (a) it's from Japan or (b) because it's rare in America, therefore JDM owns.

You #$%#ing fanboys are laughable.

Don't you people realize that your basic F-body or something of that nature can keep up with, or even beat your almight Skyline? Do you people even realize there are other Skylines than just the GT-R?

My God people, get a grip. Japan has nice cars, but they aren't God-like. Not to mention, #$%#ing realize that your average Honda is made to be economical, not a racecar. I could take an average Mustang and average Civic, throw the same amount of money into each and the Mustang would literally eat your riceboy shit for breakfast.

I have been on this board for about two hours and have seen more Japanese fanboys here than I have on the other boards I've been to - COMBINED!

Jesus, get a life!
Vassar is offline  
Old 03-03-2004, 02:13 AM   #21
Vassar
CF Newbie
 
Vassar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzxTT
i havent seen this thread so.. here it is... and if there is one oh well... im all about imports... ive seen boosted civic blow away vettes and mustangs... but civics are in the bottom of the box.. the fact that a 4cylinder can smoke an v8 is amazing... if u know of any American muscle car that can beat a 1350hp skyline let me know??... for all i know there could be an "old school American muscle" car out there... state your opinion why you might think a 1972 z28 would b "better" than a 1998 tt supra

p.s. My friend claims his 72 Z28 camaro put out 350hp because the name of the engine is the 350 or somethin like that... im pretty sure the 72 z28 puts out ~225bhp.. am i right or wrong (stats on the V8 and the V6 would b nice)... and just to add.. 1972 Z28 vs. 300zx Twin Turbo

Not to mention, if you think total HP is the deciding factor for a car, you're an idiot. Do you have any times for this 1350-hp Skyline? Or are you just getting this out of Gran Turismo 3?
Vassar is offline  
Old 03-03-2004, 02:46 AM   #22
Z-man_Dan
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 13
Gentlemen, let me explain what us Japanese tuners are all about. It is not about the dollar to horsepower ratio. It is about getting a lot from a little. It is about being smarter then the engine and not accepting “there is no replacement for cubic displacement”.

We strive to get 250+ hp per slug. To do so we use technology, and technology, unfortunately, is never cheap. We embrace power adders such as turbochargers, nitrous oxide, and massive intercoolers. We strive to squeeze out every possible horsepower.

For me (just like you VWHOBO, with the bug) it is about the weight of the vehicle. Americans cars with their big blocks need big chassis, this makes for a heavy vehicle. The more mass you have the harder it is to accelerate, decelerate, and turn. A true performance car needs to do far more then just go fast in a straight line.

I also agree that a bug makes for an awesome performance car. It is lightweight, air cooled so there’s no water or radiator to add weight, the flat four is strong easy to work on and has a low center of gravity, and the RWD makes it sweet. All around it can easily become a sports car.

Now the reason you hear so much about the Skyline is because, to us, it is the ultimate car. Sure, it’s heavy, but it only weighs a little over 100 lbs. more then a Vette. And yes, it only has 280 stock horsepower. What is it? The Skyline is an AWD, four wheel steering, car that has nothing less then monstrous potential. A 2.6-liter engine that can produce close to 800 HP w/o internal mods. It's also a car that comes stock with a rear diffuser (first production car to do so). If you would like I could list all of the incredible feature this car has, but this thread is getting long enough. So let me know if you even care, and if so, I will start a new thread.

Remember this; before you guys bash the Civics (a vehicle I could really care less about) remember the bug was the same thing in its day.
Z-man_Dan is offline  
Old 03-03-2004, 02:58 AM   #23
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
I agree with, understand and support everything you say except;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-man_Dan
Remember this; before you guys bash the Civics (a vehicle I could really care less about) remember the bug was the same thing in its day.

The Bug was, is and will continue to be rather unique. Extremely high tech and well built for it's time and in some ways still high tech. For instance, how many Jap cars, or any other cars for that matter, have a magnesium engine case/block? Not any that I can think of.

A Civic, as good of a car as it is, is not substantially different from a Sentra, Corolla, Mirage, etc. All decent cars but all basically the same. And I for one have never bashed a Civic, only the meatheads who come on here and say things like 'I just bought a Civic and boy is it fast, it's got neon and a fart cannon'. You get the idea.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline  
Old 03-03-2004, 03:02 AM   #24
Satty101
CF's L body Freak
 
Satty101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Colorado Springs CO
Posts: 2,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
And I for one have never bashed a Civic, only the meatheads who come on here and say things like 'I just bought a Civic and boy is it fast, it's got neon and a fart cannon'.


ohh cmon VW, you keep on forgeting all the stickers and the NAWZ! Not to mention the big ass wings on the FWD cars! Man, I really seem to have a hard time letting go of those.
__________________
My cars:

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)

Last edited by Satty101 : 03-03-2004 at 03:12 AM.
Satty101 is offline  
Old 03-03-2004, 03:04 AM   #25
Vassar
CF Newbie
 
Vassar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-man_Dan
Gentlemen, let me explain what us Japanese tuners are all about. It is not about the dollar to horsepower ratio. It is about getting a lot from a little. It is about being smarter then the engine and not accepting “there is no replacement for cubic displacement”.

We strive to get 250+ hp per slug. To do so we use technology, and technology, unfortunately, is never cheap. We embrace power adders such as turbochargers, nitrous oxide, and massive intercoolers. We strive to squeeze out every possible horsepower.

For me (just like you VWHOBO, with the bug) it is about the weight of the vehicle. Americans cars with their big blocks need big chassis, this makes for a heavy vehicle. The more mass you have the harder it is to accelerate, decelerate, and turn. A true performance car needs to do far more then just go fast in a straight line.

I also agree that a bug makes for an awesome performance car. It is lightweight, air cooled so there’s no water or radiator to add weight, the flat four is strong easy to work on and has a low center of gravity, and the RWD makes it sweet. All around it can easily become a sports car.

Now the reason you hear so much about the Skyline is because, to us, it is the ultimate car. Sure, it’s heavy, but it only weighs a little over 100 lbs. more then a Vette. And yes, it only has 280 stock horsepower. What is it? The Skyline is an AWD, four wheel steering, car that has nothing less then monstrous potential. A 2.6-liter engine that can produce close to 800 HP w/o internal mods. It's also a car that comes stock with a rear diffuser (first production car to do so). If you would like I could list all of the incredible feature this car has, but this thread is getting long enough. So let me know if you even care, and if so, I will start a new thread.

Remember this; before you guys bash the Civics (a vehicle I could really care less about) remember the bug was the same thing in its day.

So, the Skyline only has 287-hp, eh? Do some more research and get back to me. You think that an AWD car makes a difference? You do realize that AWD doesn't help anywhere but coming out of a corner or on the launch, and even the launch times aren't that much better.

I guess you have failed to realize that the RB26DETT is as big, if not bigger, than your typical LT1 or LS1. Or did you just not care because the Skyline is Japanese?

Another thing, this "technology" you are referring to was out in America LONG before it was ever used in Japan. Remember one thing, the Ford Pinto was beating your average Honda when the Pinto was coming off the line.
Vassar is offline  
Old 03-03-2004, 03:08 AM   #26
Z-man_Dan
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 13
Oh please!! How the hell could you both forget about the huge wings for the FWD car.
Z-man_Dan is offline  
Old 03-03-2004, 03:13 AM   #27
Satty101
CF's L body Freak
 
Satty101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Colorado Springs CO
Posts: 2,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-man_Dan
Oh please!! How the hell could you both forget about the huge wings for the FWD car.


I think you need to re-read my post.


haha, I'm just messin around.
__________________
My cars:

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline  
Old 03-03-2004, 03:14 AM   #28
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-man_Dan
Oh please!! How the hell could you both forget about the huge wings for the FWD car.
Uhmmm. Just a reminder for everyone. Aircraft have wings, wings create lift. Cars have airfoils, airfoils create downforce. That is unless you're one of the dildos who installed his airfoil upside down because it looks "phat". Then you're just a... dildo.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline  
Old 03-03-2004, 03:31 AM   #29
Z-man_Dan
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 13
Thank you VASSAR for that information. I was not aware that the LT1 and the LS1 are smaller then 2.6 liters. That’s surprising. I wonder why they call it a 5.7 liter?

I am also shocked that four tires worth of traction only helps a little bit, if any at all, over the contact patch of two tires.

I was especially shocked to hear that American cars have been using VDC, EBA, EBD, a diffuser, VVL, direct ignition, variable intake manifold length, variable back pressure valve in the exhaust, among many many other features before the early 90’s.

I guess some people will never appreciate what they clearly do not understand.

Last note VASSAR your Pinto to Honda scenario was taken. I, however, never mentioned Honda's as being superior to American cars. Nor did I say that about the Skyline.
Z-man_Dan is offline  
Old 03-03-2004, 03:37 AM   #30
Vassar
CF Newbie
 
Vassar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-man_Dan
Thank you VASSAR for that information. I was not aware that the LT1 and the LS1 are smaller then 2.6 liters. That’s surprising. I wonder why they call it a 5.7 liter?

I am also shocked that four tires worth of traction only helps a little bit, if any at all, over the contact patch of two tires.

I was especially shocked to hear that American cars have been using VDC, EBA, EBD, a diffuser, VVL, direct ignition, variable intake manifold length, variable back pressure valve in the exhaust, among many many other features before the early 90’s.

I guess some people will never appreciate what they clearly do not understand.

Last note VASSAR your Pinto to Honda scenario was taken. I, however, never mentioned Honda's as being superior to American cars. Nor did I say that about the Skyline.

So, because the displacement is bigger, the engine is physically bigger? Are you retarded?

You are one of those typical Japanese riceboys that believes AWD is so much better because it seems to get better takeoff on video games. There isn't a huge different in the launch times. If you would like, I could find you a video of your almighty Skyline getting stomped into the ground by your typical STREET LEGAL F-body?

My point being, the Japanese are not superior in automobile manufacturing, and closed-minded people like yourself needs to realize that.
Vassar is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.