American muscle 0wn Imports 20 55.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 04:03 PM   #46
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Appologies SJ and everyone else *Shuts up* oh and anyway..how come we get told to shut...up and everybody else gets popcorn

You don't have time to read the post, but you can argue about it for three or four more posts...

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 03-09-2004, 08:13 PM   #47
jzxTT
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vassar
Just the fact you don't have the time to read a well thought out post is a sign of ignorance.
Not necessarily... Who says its "well thought out".... anyways.. back to the topic, I was saying (disregard money) If you could tune a car to the max (taking the top muscle car.. or top 20 .. doesnt really matter, and take the top imoprt, skyline, supra... whatever.. ) which would win, or who would win more, import or muscle... ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
how about you both shut the f*ck up!
Tell'um SuperJew..
Old 03-09-2004, 08:26 PM   #48
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzxTT
back to the topic, I was saying (disregard money) If you could tune a car to the max (taking the top muscle car.. or top 20 .. doesnt really matter, and take the top imoprt, skyline, supra... whatever.. ) which would win, or who would win more, import or muscle... ?

Tell'um SuperJew..

What kind of racing? If you are talking drag racing, how many 6000 hp imports are out there? hell, how many 1600 hp normally aspirated import racers are out there?

American engines are putting out those numbers...

Any imports running 4 second quarter miles, regardless of money?

How about top speed? A little clue, a STOCK BODY Pontiac Firebird with a twin turbo small block V8 has already gone over 300 mph.

http://www.kugelkomponents.com/bonne...onneville.html

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 03-09-2004, 08:56 PM   #49
jzxTT
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
a STOCK BODY Pontiac Firebird with a twin turbo small block V8 has already gone over 300 mph.
OMG.. thats ****ing crazy... but i was thinking more .. 1980-and down muscle cars.. not nascars and all that bullshit.. when i say american.. i mean american muscle cars, the one you've mentioned....And what car runs a 4 secong 1/4 mile?
Old 03-09-2004, 10:41 PM   #50
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

yeah, althought jap cars are good at being fast, american cars win in the end.. the thing is that jap cars HAVE to be smarter to make the hp from smaller engines. hmmmmm... wonder if you could put a 10.4 litre BBC V8 engine in a ricer... the interesting thing is before i read this forum i wanted a R34 skyline (hence my name...) but now i'm not so sure.. have you guys got any good ideas for buying a serious american car in the UK that i can tune the hell out of and still be able to use everyday? as in will be safe (ish), fast, look great standard (not really into bodykis for anything but ricers)..budget of around 20,000..i was thinking a '69 camaro..or a charger.. oh.. one last point.. not many ricers have that great V8 burble do they? an unsilenced V8 is a real novility for me over here.. you lot in america are so lucky.. plus you have great fuel prices.. trivial question.. but what is the cost of a gallon over there now?

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
Old 03-09-2004, 10:45 PM   #51
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by R34RB30DETTV
plus you have great fuel prices.. trivial question.. but what is the cost of a gallon over there now?

Put gas in yesterday in my wife's car. Premium 91 octane =$2.39/gal

So. Cal. area.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
Old 03-09-2004, 11:05 PM   #52
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
Put gas in yesterday in my wife's car. Premium 91 octane =$2.39/gal

So. Cal. area.

see what i mean.. it's more like 80p / litre here.. thats ROUGHLY, I SAY ROUGHLY for all the people who will flame me for an approx value worked out in my head $5.40 a gallon.. i think emigration may be cheaper..

R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
Old 03-09-2004, 11:17 PM   #53
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
see what i mean.. it's more like 80p / litre here.. thats ROUGHLY, I SAY ROUGHLY for all the people who will flame me for an approx value worked out in my head $5.40 a gallon.. i think emigration may be cheaper..
I'm with you on that one....Fuel prices over here just seem to rise and there's no sign of them sticking at a certain price..I remember the days when a litre of fuel would cost just 66p..those were the days
Old 03-09-2004, 11:30 PM   #54
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Quote:

ouch. Premium here (I only know because my Beretta NEEDS it to run right) is around $1.92 or so.

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Old 03-09-2004, 11:36 PM   #55
snoopewite
The 1st CF Entrepreneur

Quote:
budget of around 20,000..i was thinking a '69 camaro..or a charger.. oh.. one last point.. not many ricers have that great V8 burble do they? an unsilenced V8 is a real novility for me over here.. you lot in america are so lucky.

Alright mate. Cliffy and I were only saying how lucky the Americans are the other day. The three of us just about make up the entire Britsh presence that's active in these forums right now Where are you thinking of getting a classic muscle car from? As unsilenced cars are illegal where we live, are you thinking about just taking the back box off at cruises? Remember that American cars are left-hand drive and resale could be just as much hassle. One more thing, it's best to roughly convert pounds into dollars out of consideration for our American friends. So long R34RB30DETTV... that name looks like an error
Old 03-09-2004, 11:37 PM   #56
SuperJew
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty101
ouch. Premium here (I only know because my Beretta NEEDS it to run right) is around $1.92 or so.

ok upstate NY prices:
87 - ~$1.87/gal
91 - ~$1.92/gal
93 - ~$1.99/gal

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
Old 03-10-2004, 12:18 AM   #57
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopewite
Alright mate. Cliffy and I were only saying how lucky the Americans are the other day. The three of us just about make up the entire Britsh presence that's active in these forums right now Where are you thinking of getting a classic muscle car from? As unsilenced cars are illegal where we live, are you thinking about just taking the back box off at cruises? Remember that American cars are left-hand drive and resale could be just as much hassle. One more thing, it's best to roughly convert pounds into dollars out of consideration for our American friends. So long R34RB30DETTV... that name looks like an error

yeah, sorry i didn't make my unsilenced V8 statement quite clear.. i mean i love the sound of unsilenced V8's, like you said thier at cruises and also at santa pod etc. but also i love the sound of road legal V8 too, although not quite so "meaty" still a great sound.. i was thinking of going to D.A.R.T Garages (Penshurst Rd Leigh, Tonbridge, Kent) and looking around there.. they ALWAYS with out fail have a fine display of american muscle out the front of the shop.. some of it just goes it to be serviced but there are some real beautys there.. also my friend has an obsession with chevy engines and keeps lecturing me on how much better they are than jap engines.. his brother has a pristene condition '69 (i think) stingray (its the one without the chrome front or rear bumpers i'm informed is the way to tell it apart..) and he really wants me to get an american classic. i suppose all i can do is to take a look around.. i'm in no particular hurry right now.. where do you (snoopewite)reside? are there any american garages near you?

Old 03-10-2004, 12:23 AM   #58
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
yeah, sorry i didn't make my unsilenced V8 statement quite clear.. i mean i love the sound of unsilenced V8's, like you said thier at cruises and also at santa pod etc. but also i love the sound of road legal V8 too, although not quite so "meaty" still a great sound.. i was thinking of going to D.A.R.T Garages (Penshurst Rd Leigh, Tonbridge, Kent) and looking around there.. they ALWAYS with out fail have a fine display of american muscle out the front of the shop.. some of it just goes it to be serviced but there are some real beautys there.. also my friend has an obsession with chevy engines and keeps lecturing me on how much better they are than jap engines.. his brother has a pristene condition '69 (i think) stingray (its the one without the chrome front or rear bumpers i'm informed is the way to tell it apart..) and he really wants me to get an american classic. i suppose all i can do is to take a look around.. i'm in no particular hurry right now.. where do you (snoopewite)reside? are there any american garages near you?
Hi R34, I'm not too sure about Snoope but where I live in Surrey there is an American car showroom kinda thing, I believe it's in Kingston although I'm not too sure. And as Snoope said, we just about make up the Brit side of things here! Nice to meet ya!
Old 03-10-2004, 03:15 AM   #59
archangle
CF Enthusiast

American muscle owns imports. No contest
Old 03-10-2004, 06:28 AM   #60
jzxTT
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangle
American muscle owns imports. No contest
Newbies . Ok Mr.CFnewbie, You mind backing up your little comment. Try to come up with your own words, dont quote what someone else hase already said.
btw, Do you have a car?