Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2004, 06:15 PM   #31
Car Guy
CF Enthusiast

Here I am...
Im 16, I drive my moms old 1989 Geo Spectrum 4dr. Nothing special at all but I cant complain when its free. I enjoy cars very much total my family has 3 cars and 1 motorcycle a 1992 Jeep 1995 MBenz C280 and my Geo For the bike my dad has a 2002 Honda Goldwing 1800. My fav car is the Dodge Viper. I am currently in 10th grade trying to keep my grades up and get a job so I can get my licance. That about sums it up for me.
SRT-10
Car Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 08:39 PM   #32
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Guy
Here I am...
I am currently in 10th grade trying to keep my grades up and get a job so I can get my licance. That about sums it up for me.

Damn. That little tidbit shows how much alike we are. The rest, well, basically different. However, I do not own my car. It's in my dad's name and I call it mine, well, because I'm the only one who will be driving it.

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 09:08 PM   #33
Car Guy
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty101
Damn. That little tidbit shows how much alike we are. The rest, well, basically different. However, I do not own my car. It's in my dad's name and I call it mine, well, because I'm the only one who will be driving it.
Haha rock on dude
SRT-10
Car Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 06:16 PM   #34
BillBixby
CF Newbie

I am 22 and about to graduate in May with my associates degree in computers. I work at my school in the computer lab and as a help desk technician. I should be doing homework right now. I skateboard as much as I can (at least 5 days a week). I just rolled my ankle again the other day for the fourth time in about 5 months. It's about twice the size it was at the beginning of the week. When I was 18 my friend almost killed me in a car crash and I ended up getting a 50,000 dollar settlement. With that money I bought my first car, a Mark VIII and put 20 inch rims and 2 flip down tvs in it. I pissed away all my money and ended up selling all my toys to keep me going until I graduate. I am probably going to buy another Mark in May. I drive an 87 caprice classic now and boy do I miss my Mark.
BillBixby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 06:23 PM   #35
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBixby
With that money I bought my first car, a Mark VIII and put 20 inch rims and 2 flip down tvs in it. I pissed away all my money and ended up selling all my toys to keep me going until I graduate.

You live in the projects or what?

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 06:35 PM   #36
BillBixby
CF Newbie

not exactly the projects, no.
Old 03-17-2004, 06:47 PM   #37
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
not exactly the projects, no.

What my minds eye sees is something like this:

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=1307 but with less "class"....no offense.

You have any pics of the Mark VIII with the 20" "rims"?

Old 03-17-2004, 06:57 PM   #38
BillBixby
CF Newbie

Yeah, that Mercedes is a few classes above the Mark. That thing is sweet. Yeah, I have a couple of pix of the Mark with the 20's. My stepdad took the pictures and they are on his computer. I am going there today and I will ask him for them.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:35 PM   #39
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Yeah, that Mercedes is a few classes above the Mark. That thing is sweet. Yeah, I have a couple of pix of the Mark with the 20's. My stepdad took the pictures and they are on his computer. I am going there today and I will ask him for them.

Cool...I look forward to seeing it.

Old 03-18-2004, 12:43 AM   #40
ferrarichika
CF Newbie

A little about myself:
I have red hair and green eyes, am 18, and about to graduate high school. I love to sing and intend to go to college, get my MD and become a forensic pathologist with a minor in vocal music. I've grown up loving cars as per to my dad buying me hot wheels to play with instead of barbies (not complaining). I drive an '88 Ford Bronco II and own a cat. Did I leave anything out?
Old 03-18-2004, 12:52 AM   #41
SuperJew
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarichika
A little about myself:
I have red hair and green eyes, am 18, and about to graduate high school. I love to sing and intend to go to college, get my MD and become a forensic pathologist with a minor in vocal music. I've grown up loving cars as per to my dad buying me hot wheels to play with instead of barbies (not complaining). I drive an '88 Ford Bronco II and own a cat. Did I leave anything out?

i'm a redhead too! but my hair is this really unique red color...hell i cant even describe it. people always are like "ooh id love to have that color but you can't get it in a dye" or something. it gets kind of irritiating but the ladies love my hair, so im all good.

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 02:14 AM   #42
ferrarichika
CF Newbie

Yeah, I get that whole, oh I wish I had that color hair, alot too. My color is actually called Strawberry Blonde, but it's easier to say red. lol.
Old 03-19-2004, 09:26 AM   #43
R34RB30DETTV
CF Model & Maniac

yeah, i have gingery/red/blonde coloured hair sometimes...WHEN I BLEACH IT WRONG!!! sry, that was in no way meant to be offensive, i just thought it to be kinda funny.. anyway, i'm 18, i love VW's (on my 9th in 2yrs) and anything that goes fast and i'm doing my final year at collage doing automotive engineering, even tho the teachers arn't making it easy for me.. .. maby i'll add more when i have more time.. l8r.

Speed doesn't kill, its the sudden stop that does it...
R34RB30DETTV AKA Sam - Vice-President, Director, Manager and Recruiter of the unofficial vwhobo fan club
Original Members: Snoope, SJ, Cliffy, STiMan, Satty, Integra_LS, Sam. (If you still want to join, send me a PM )
R34RB30DETTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 02:03 PM   #44
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

My hair actually changes with the amount of sunlight it gets. It's usually dark in the winter, almost a brown color. Summer, it's usually blonde. I bleached my hair over the winter once, and did a few stripes if you want to call it that.

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 03:28 PM   #45
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Hmmm. Many of you saw my intro, which told a lot about me. But I'll add in here a bit of cut&paste from that thread, plus some unnecessary added stuff no one cares about.. hehehehe.

I'm 40, and currently work for the government, after spending a few years a s a contractor. I do CAD work, mostly architectural 3d work, for both existing designs and conceptual stuff. The company I did contracting for did architectural designs for labs and black weapons projects.

I live in Baltimore, MD right now, and have since '99, when the company I had been working for got the government contract (which I turned into a full time GS position in '02). before that I lived in the Seattle, Washington area, where I was born. So I spent most of my life on the west coast, soaking up the automotive culture out there.

I'm married to a wonderful woman. She does stand up comedy around the Baltimore/DC area (though we've travelled as far away as Maine to do shows). She's also into cars, and can dive in and work on them right along side me. We've been married almost 3 years. I've got an 11 year old stepson, who is just now getting into cars. He's helping me build the BMW project, and will probably drive it on the track when he gets old enough.

I've been playing with cars for the last 25 years. I've been building customs, show cars, race cars, street rods, etc. I've owned over a hundred cars, from most major manufacuters (and a few minor ones...). I had a shop back in the Seattle area for many years, and built hundreds of customs and race cars, as well as doing crash repair on sports cars and race cars. Not much of my work was straight mechanical repair. I did enough of that on my own cars. I hate diagnosing problems on other people's cars...

I've been autocrossing for a couple decades, as well as doing driver instruction in SCCA and BSCC. I've crewed on a few road race teams, including an IMSA RS Mazda RX3 team that also campaigned a rotary powered Formula Libre. I've helped build a few national championship winning SCCA autocrossers and road racers (like Greg Fordahl's national championship winning Porsche 914s and Porsche GT3s). I've driven hundreds of different cars on the track, from cheap basic cars to Porsches, Ferraris, and a couple Lotus' (from an old Elan to a newer Esprit V8).

The largest single type of car I've owned is custom air cooled VWs (over 30 of 'em), but I've had everything from big block Chevelles to rotary powered autocross cars. The total list is here:

Current cars here in Baltimore:

'02 PT Cruiser Touring Edition
'81 Fiat 124 Spyder
'86 Jaguar XJ6
'76 BMW 630CS
'75 Dodge Motorhome (ex Ambulance)

Back in Seattle:
'63 Comet convertible project
'73 Pinto coupe
'70 VW Bug
'61 Renault 4CV

I haven't yet found an economical way to get these cars over here, but I'm working on it...

Past Rides:

Cars:

American:

'86 Cadillac Fleetood Brougham
'99 SVT Contour
'62 Falcon 4dr driver
'62 Comet 2 dr sedan (my first car)
'63 Comet S22 hardtop
'72 Pinto (my first autocrosser)
'70 Mustang Sportsroof (autocrosser)
'70 Mustang Mach1 (drag car)
'70 Mustang BOSS 302
'71 Torino GT 429
'73 Euro Capri (road racer)
'51 Ford coupe
'70 Pontiac Ventura (drag car)
'76 Pontiac Grand LeMans (lowrider)
'89 Pontiac Grand Am
'78 Trans Am (autocrosser)
'84 Monte Carlo (lowrider)
'85 Monte Carlo (lowrider)
'75 Corvette/ Ferrari Daytona Spyder replica (TV car)
'81 Citation (323k miles!!!)
'71 Dodge Charger
'84 Dodge Daytona Turbo
'86 Dodge Daytona Turbo
'56 Dodge Hemi Coronet
'56 Rambler Wagon

Imports:

'86 Jaguar XJ6
'77 MGB
'86 Mazda/Ford RX7 (the Rex)
'73 Porsche 914
'74 Porsche 914 (autocrosser)
'66 Porsche 912 (autocross and road racer)
'69 Porsche 911T
'74 Porsche 911S (driver and autocrosser)
Custom Bugs too numerous to list individually... (over 30)
'71 VW Karmann Ghia
'63 Ghia
'72 Ghia
'69 Squareback VW
'69 Fastback VW
Bradley GT kit car
'77 Scirocco
'80 Jetta (custom, w/Cabrio grille)
'59 Jaguar Mark IX
'71 MG Midget
'79 MG Midget
'58 MGA
'59 TR3
? TR-7 (with Ford 2.8 V6)
'84 Renault Alliance
'72 Audi 100LS
'75 Fiat X-1/9
'78 Fiat X-1/9 (autocrosser)
'72 Fiat 124 Spyder (autocrosser)
'74 Fiat 124 Spyder
'66 Datsun sedan
'72 Datsun 240Z
'74 Datsun 240Z (autocrosser)
'84 Toyota Corolla GTS (autocrosser)
'74 Subaru Coupe
'82 Subaru 4x4 wagon
'84 Subaru 4x4 wagon
'70 Mazda R100 (autocrosser)
'73 Mazda RX-2 (autocrosser)
'73 Mazda RX-3 (autocrosser)
'75 Mazda RX-3
'79 Mazda RX-7
'80 Mazda RX-7
'83 Mazda RX-7
'89 Suzuki Swift GTi
'86 CRX Si (custom)

Bikes:

'81 Honda CB750-F
'86 Yamaha Radian
'89 Suzuki Katana

Trucks

'92 Toyota lowrider pickup
'96 Ford Ranger Splash
'77 Courier
'78 LUV (lowrider)
'74 LUV (lowrider)
'71 Datsun
'73 Datsun (lowrider- magazine truck)
'66 VW panel bus
'66 VW 21 Window Deluxe bus
'68 VW Westfalia camper bus
'72 Suburban (lowrider)
'68 GMC intercity bus/motorhome conversion

Hmm. Is that enough information to start with?

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote