Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2005, 11:29 PM   #1
240SXSR20DET
CF Newbie

turbo a ka24e

I've realized that after spending all the money on an sr20det and fixing the wiring harness (which are usually CUT, bitches), finding the necessary parts that may not come with it, and installing the motor i could quite easily turbo my ka24e. In my miata i'm going to install a saab t3 with a large intercooler from an audi (even though it has plastic end caps it has been proven to hold up to 19 pounds of boost thanks to the guys at sport compact car magazine) which should push the car up to 200 plus horsepower, but that 1.6 liter seems to be made to turbo charge for the internals are quite strong. The fact of the matter is, i was wondering how strong the internals of the ka24e are and what would need to be done/replaced to make it withstand high amounts of boost. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
240SXSR20DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 11:04 AM   #2
HyundaGuy
Relicensed n ready 2 race

fuel injectors, fuel pump, fuel rails, oil pump, oil cooler, all internals would need to be completely forged to be able to handle high amounts of boost.

you have to remember, the ka24e is only a sohc, so it's not exactly made for producing high amounts of power. although, considering the fact that it has an extra 400cc or so, it's still an under achiever.

personally, if i was you, i'd stick with a BP base engine and turbo that, get all the internals and all the other necessary parts needed from a BPT (Ford Laser TX3 Turbo engine), that would probably be the most effective and individual thing to do.

if there's one thing i've learnt from playing with vehicles, it's that you shouldn't mix and match parts from different manufactorer's....... mazda w/ a nissan engine and box?..... pass.

If i still owned an excel.. It'd look like this:

HyundaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote