Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 10:18 PM   #61
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba
Upgrades would imply that they improve something. Bodykits, euro taillights, and neons do not improve the look of a car.

The nicer looking subtle ones don't look too bad...and if I ever bust a taillight, I'm probably getting Eurolites...as soon as I get a car

But I wouldn't replace them if they were working...
Old 10-12-2005, 10:23 PM   #62
V-Tec
CF's student post whore

Quote:
Upgrades would imply that they improve something. Bodykits, euro taillights, and neons do not improve the look of a car.
well actually Oomba thats what they are made for. To improve the look of the car if a person doesn't like the way it looks. What other reason do u think euro lights and bodykits are made? The are made to improve the look of the car. Now that doesn't mean that every person will like the new look but the person who added the bodykit prob will.
Now i think that a lot of people don't like body kits because they think stock is best and maybe same with altezzas and all that. But i am sure that if a car company would have the same front buper just like one of the body kits, the people who hate bodykits wouldn't complain at all. I mean bassically a lot of companies are now using clear tailights. I dunno if it's clear, altezza or euro. But like the Altima had some clear ones and nobody is saying that looks rice or like the IS 300 has clear one but no one calls em rice but when i person changes some tail lights that he doesn't like on his car to altezzas everyone starts to bash him.
Just a thought

Last edited by V-Tec : 10-12-2005 at 10:36 PM.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:33 PM   #63
fudge
let's fighting love

Stock can be darn boring
Old 10-13-2005, 01:21 AM   #64
Oomba
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Tec
well actually Oomba thats what they are made for. To improve the look of the car

Then the products should do their job. But since it makes the owners look likes asshats, I'm gonna say they dont count as an upgrade.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:57 AM   #65
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonnaDie4TheGov
I think the best car on pimp my ride was the green chevelle. They put a nice engine in it and made it look nice and clean while not going too crazy.

But like the monitors on the front bumper and under the car...whats stopping them from being stolen. And also why the hell would you ever need them? You will NEVER use them. That show is such a waste of time and money.

If my car was ever "pimped" id take off all the monitors and useless shit and sell it. Or just sell the car to some rich kid for like 30 grand and get a nice new car

They can't sell it for before a certain amount of time.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Old 10-13-2005, 01:59 AM   #66
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:

And THAT is soley an opinion, one which MOST people would disagree with you on.

"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Old 10-13-2005, 02:17 AM   #67
Oomba
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
And THAT is soley an opinion, one which MOST people would disagree with you on.

I wouldnt say most. Ask real car enthusiasts, people who actually do engine work themselves and can appreciate powerful vehicles will not agree that body kits are "sick", so cut the ricer being the majority bullshit. Unless you think The Fast and The Furious is as hardcore as it gets, you arent gonna think body kits and other ricey shit is nice.

R I C E is not a majority, its just popular among the younger crowd. Things the younger crowd are into gets put into media and movies and shoved down everyone else's throats. There are more real car enthusiasts over the age of 25 than under. Whens the last time you've seen a 60 year old ricer? I havent seen one. But whens the last time you've seen a 60 year old Corvette or Mustang owner? Every time I leave the house.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:00 AM   #68
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

that honda is f*cking ridiculous.... but really, what i want to see is a pimp my ride "6 months later" show. b/c all these folks live in ghetto-ass places and have cars that are generally in disgusting condition... i mean, how do you let your car get that bad? i would f*cking kill myself if i became that lazy and stupid.. these people deserve to drive the pos that they've turned their car into until they die... but anyways, what do you think is gonna happen to these cars on pmr? their nighbors are gonna steal all the expensive shit out of it, then they're gonna crash it into about 5 different things a week, then they're going to fill it w/ fast food wrappers and spilled soda, and i bet most have bullet holes in them from other wannabe thugs wanting to steal more of their shit.... so in 6 months, after all the bondo falls out from a pothole, it's gonna be an even worse piece of shit than it started out being...

but that's what i wanna see....

Old 10-13-2005, 03:07 AM   #69
V-Tec
CF's student post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
that honda is f*cking ridiculous.... but really, what i want to see is a pimp my ride "6 months later" show. b/c all these folks live in ghetto-ass places and have cars that are generally in disgusting condition... i mean, how do you let your car get that bad? i would f*cking kill myself if i became that lazy and stupid.. these people deserve to drive the pos that they've turned their car into until they die... but anyways, what do you think is gonna happen to these cars on pmr? their nighbors are gonna steal all the expensive shit out of it, then they're gonna crash it into about 5 different things a week, then they're going to fill it w/ fast food wrappers and spilled soda, and i bet most have bullet holes in them from other wannabe thugs wanting to steal more of their shit.... so in 6 months, after all the bondo falls out from a pothole, it's gonna be an even worse piece of shit than it started out being...

but that's what i wanna see....
YEah i would mind seeing that except i bet half the people sell their cars
Old 10-13-2005, 03:22 AM   #70
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Tec
YEah i would mind seeing that except i bet half the people sell their cars

Like I posted before... they are BOUND by a contract so that you can't just get on the show then sell your car.

Old 10-13-2005, 04:00 AM   #71
V-Tec
CF's student post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
Like I posted before... they are BOUND by a contract so that you can't just get on the show then sell your car.
yeah but i am sure u can somehow get out of it
u can just be like i don't want it anymore so i gave it to my dad who gave it to his uncle who gave it to his son who sold it or something. I am sure there is a way that u can get rid of it.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:39 AM   #72
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Oomba....why on earth do you participate soooo much in threads regarding "Sick" boy racer cars, namely Ricer POS's....if you hate them so bloody much?....why not just shut the hell up....we are all aware of your opinion by now

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Old 10-13-2005, 05:48 AM   #73
mx3_monster
im completely sane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Oomba....why on earth do you participate soooo much in threads regarding "Sick" boy racer cars, namely Ricer POS's....if you hate them so bloody much?....why not just shut the hell up....we are all aware of your opinion by now
finallly somebody said that yesss stop whoring oomba

"I wish my lawn was EMO so it would cut itself!"
Old 10-13-2005, 04:47 PM   #74
fudge
let's fighting love

Quote:
I wouldnt say most. Ask real car enthusiasts, people who actually do engine work themselves and can appreciate powerful vehicles will not agree that body kits are "sick", so cut the ricer being the majority bullshit. Unless you think The Fast and The Furious is as hardcore as it gets, you arent gonna think body kits and other ricey shit is nice.

That is absolute bullshit. Most of the top japanese tuning garages sport a large range of bodykits and they do custom engine jobs. That's the thing with anti-ricers, they think they are down with the real enthusiasts yet "real" enthusiasts have already contradicted their points.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:32 PM   #75
6000LE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge
That is absolute bullshit. Most of the top japanese tuning garages sport a large range of bodykits and they do custom engine jobs. That's the thing with anti-ricers, they think they are down with the real enthusiasts yet "real" enthusiasts have already contradicted their points.
oomba will never change. why not just ignore him?
Closed Thread