Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2005, 06:48 AM   #1
6000LE
Banned
 
6000LE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 832
Exclamation Am I right?

BuddyClubNeonCTM: look
BuddyClubNeonCTM: if the engine AND trans both go (not gona happen till at least 180k miles) replace them. shit by that time ul have money saved up to ur ass because u drive less than most ppl so u rack on less miles
BuddyClubNeonCTM: ul be 25 before u hit 180k miles dude
HockeyMike69a: doubt it...
HockeyMike69a: lol
HockeyMike69a: but yea
HockeyMike69a: that sounds like a good idea
BuddyClubNeonCTM: by the time u hit 22 i guarantee u wont want the shit in teh car anymore
BuddyClubNeonCTM: because ul go out of the phase
HockeyMike69a: im gonna save up another $400 or so be4 hitting rims
HockeyMike69a: just in case i want extra cash
BuddyClubNeonCTM: so just enjoy it for what it is now
BuddyClubNeonCTM: if anything happens
BuddyClubNeonCTM: consult with my mechanic
BuddyClubNeonCTM: he wont steer u wrong
BuddyClubNeonCTM: and then go from there
BuddyClubNeonCTM: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NISSA...3 42966QQrdZ1
BuddyClubNeonCTM: enjoy that
BuddyClubNeonCTM: now do me a small favor
BuddyClubNeonCTM: stop shitting yourself
BuddyClubNeonCTM: put 7-800 aside for maintenace and those once in 3 years major repairs (200 dollars) and enjoy your car!

Just gave advice to my friend, tell me am I right?
6000LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 06:51 AM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Who are you in the conversation, because BCNCTM Seems right to me...
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 07:02 AM   #3
jzxTT
CF Addict
 
jzxTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Near by
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000LE
BuddyClubNeonCTM: look
BuddyClubNeonCTM: if the engine AND trans both go (not gona happen till at least 180k miles) replace them. shit by that time ul have money saved up to ur ass because u drive less than most ppl so u rack on less miles
BuddyClubNeonCTM: ul be 25 before u hit 180k miles dude
HockeyMike69a: doubt it...
HockeyMike69a: lol
HockeyMike69a: but yea
HockeyMike69a: that sounds like a good idea
BuddyClubNeonCTM: by the time u hit 22 i guarantee u wont want the shit in teh car anymore
BuddyClubNeonCTM: because ul go out of the phase
HockeyMike69a: im gonna save up another $400 or so be4 hitting rims
HockeyMike69a: just in case i want extra cash
BuddyClubNeonCTM: so just enjoy it for what it is now
BuddyClubNeonCTM: if anything happens
BuddyClubNeonCTM: consult with my mechanic
BuddyClubNeonCTM: he wont steer u wrong
BuddyClubNeonCTM: and then go from there
BuddyClubNeonCTM: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NISSA...3 42966QQrdZ1
BuddyClubNeonCTM: enjoy that
BuddyClubNeonCTM: now do me a small favor
BuddyClubNeonCTM: stop shitting yourself
BuddyClubNeonCTM: put 7-800 aside for maintenace and those once in 3 years major repairs (200 dollars) and enjoy your car!

Just gave advice to my friend, tell me am I right?

Right about what?
__________________
please wait. . .
jzxTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 04:07 PM   #4
6000LE
Banned
 
6000LE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 832
I am BuddyClubNeonCTM. He drives a 1999 Nissan Altima GXE 112k miles. Transmission grinds after 5000RPM, but if he drives it normally, he will never even hit 4000
6000LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 07:57 PM   #5
Inygknok
El del Supra
 
Inygknok's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 1,863
heh, actually. engines can last more than trannies just as trannies could last more than engines.

it all depends on how u drive the car and how u treat it..... and how well u maintain it.

does it grind in any gear? wat sort of grinding does it do? could even be the engine itself.....
__________________


Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 08:51 PM   #6
6000LE
Banned
 
6000LE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
heh, actually. engines can last more than trannies just as trannies could last more than engines.

it all depends on how u drive the car and how u treat it..... and how well u maintain it.

does it grind in any gear? wat sort of grinding does it do? could even be the engine itself.....
could be
i told him to jsut drive it normally and thats that
6000LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 11:00 PM   #7
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
heh, actually. engines can last more than trannies just as trannies could last more than engines.

it all depends on how u drive the car and how u treat it..... and how well u maintain it.

does it grind in any gear? wat sort of grinding does it do? could even be the engine itself.....

It usually grinds when turning from gear 1 to gear 2 when I floor it excessively and it gets to about 4500 RPM. I'm not sure what it is specifically, but since it doesn't get in the way yet (drive normally and it's not existant), I don't bother.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 11:08 PM   #8
6000LE
Banned
 
6000LE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
It usually grinds when turning from gear 1 to gear 2 when I floor it excessively and it gets to about 4500 RPM. I'm not sure what it is specifically, but since it doesn't get in the way yet (drive normally and it's not existant), I don't bother.
6000LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 04:25 PM   #9
Inygknok
El del Supra
 
Inygknok's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 1,863
does it grind only when shifting, or before and after shifting (not during)?
__________________


Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 05:26 PM   #10
6000LE
Banned
 
6000LE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
does it grind only when shifting, or before and after shifting (not during)?
it grinds right before it shifts
as soon as you let it off it stops
im sure its ok as long as you keep it at low RPMs
it accelerates nicely
and smooth shifts
almost as good as my boss's Infiniti I30
6000LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 06:04 PM   #11
Inygknok
El del Supra
 
Inygknok's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 1,863
might be the pinion.... or maybe some lose bearings in the crankshaft... quite a few possibilities of wat could be making grinding noises....
__________________


Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 09:01 PM   #12
6000LE
Banned
 
6000LE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
might be the pinion.... or maybe some lose bearings in the crankshaft... quite a few possibilities of wat could be making grinding noises....

were gona run it thru a computer and post codes we get.
6000LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 03:53 PM   #13
Inygknok
El del Supra
 
Inygknok's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 1,863
u know wat could help too? telling where the noise comes from....
__________________


Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 06:33 PM   #14
6000LE
Banned
 
6000LE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 832
UPDATE:
Last night was a prefect opprotunity to test the car again. No cars on the road, so i floored it. No grinding anymore. Might have been a lack of tranny fluid before. Car pulls well.
6000LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.