Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2005, 05:05 AM   #1
RacerDude
CF Newbie

Toyota Tercel question

I am going to be picking up my older sisters 1995 toyota tercel sometime early next year. and i want to do something to it so its not just a plain boring car. ( not in my personallity to drive a boring car ) so i was wondering what should i do to the exhaust to give it that deep ricer hum.. would all i have to do is throw something like a cherry bomb on it instead of its stock muffler or something else? thanks for the advice.
RacerDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 02:16 PM   #2
SlipKnoT
The Ultimate Maggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerDude
I am going to be picking up my older sisters 1995 toyota tercel sometime early next year. and i want to do something to it so its not just a plain boring car. ( not in my personallity to drive a boring car ) so i was wondering what should i do to the exhaust to give it that deep ricer hum.. would all i have to do is throw something like a cherry bomb on it instead of its stock muffler or something else? thanks for the advice.
Since you have stated that you want to do something like that...prepare to get flamed by all the other guys here.

Theres really nothing you can do performance wise for a Toyota Tercel, unless you want to do a complete engine swap. So a loud obnoxious muffler is probably the only thing you can do.

This would be a good "ricey" choice.

But if you want something that actually sounds good, then go with this one.

Oh, I almost forgot, if you go to andysautosport.com, they have some other stuff you can do to your ride!

SlipKnoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 04:00 AM   #3
ed_7702
CF Enthusiast

Go to http://www.cardomain.com/ see what people do to theri Tercels. I like this one, is turbocahrged runs 1/4 mile in high 13s. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/388864
ed_7702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 04:02 AM   #4
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipKnoT
Theres really nothing you can do performance wise for a Toyota Tercel, unless you want to do a complete engine swap.
Have you learned nothing? there's always something you can do to any car. Just because a million other people haven't done it, it doesn't mean it can't be done.