Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2005, 02:40 AM   #16
SlipKnoT
The Ultimate Maggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
Maybe the Neon has a 90K car's tape player.

SlipKnoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 02:55 AM   #17
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
I wouldn't go as far as saying they cant keep the new mustangs on the lot for more than a day... They have several hundred that have been on the lots here for at least a month It was like that for the first month or two when they were out.

You live in the ghetto don't you.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 03:08 AM   #18
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Okay, i have to step up to the plate for this lowball i gues....

How can Dodge be retarded just because the same stereo can be gotten in the neon as in a viper.... that isn't a justification at all. that's a bloody awful opinion of a manufacturer...

I'm sure that if ford or gmc had a car like the viper, you could probably find the same stereo in it as a cavvy, or stang...

Until the day that they have a car in MASS production, that can rival the viper, please be so kind as to shut the hell up.

Besides, if you have the money for a goddamned Viper, i'm sure you have a few grand lying around for a sweet aftermarket system. It's a lot less cost then having Dodge put one in the car, as the stock cd player is 800$ CAD, so you can only imagine how much it would cost to have a much nicer stereo. Therefore, it really doesn't have anything to do with the quality of the vehicle, it's cost reduction.

I will admit that it was kind of retarded for the Charger to be made a 4 door...but hopefully the remade Challenger will come in a two door coupe model..
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 04:22 AM   #19
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight
What about Harmon Kardon?

They only make okay computer speakers, their car stuff is just as bad as the rest.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 04:24 AM   #20
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
You live in the ghetto don't you.

Do you live in the middle of nowhere where they only keep 2 mustangs on lot? I lived in Atlanta and recently moved down to Baton Rouge. Plenty o Mustangs to go around from each cities dealers. BTW - that came from another thread

~Blow your mind~

Old 10-12-2005, 04:25 AM   #21
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
Okay, i have to step up to the plate for this lowball i gues....

How can Dodge be retarded just because the same stereo can be gotten in the neon as in a viper.... that isn't a justification at all. that's a bloody awful opinion of a manufacturer...

I'm sure that if ford or gmc had a car like the viper, you could probably find the same stereo in it as a cavvy, or stang...

Until the day that they have a car in MASS production, that can rival the viper, please be so kind as to shut the hell up.

Besides, if you have the money for a goddamned Viper, i'm sure you have a few grand lying around for a sweet aftermarket system. It's a lot less cost then having Dodge put one in the car, as the stock cd player is 800$ CAD, so you can only imagine how much it would cost to have a much nicer stereo. Therefore, it really doesn't have anything to do with the quality of the vehicle, it's cost reduction.

I will admit that it was kind of retarded for the Charger to be made a 4 door...but hopefully the remade Challenger will come in a two door coupe model..

Good point, Ever hear the new C6 corvette's sound setup? Gawd it's awful. Even the shitty Mach 1000 in the Mustang sounds better

~Blow your mind~

Old 10-12-2005, 05:09 AM   #22
GonnaDie4TheGov
CF's Only Jersey Boy

People don't want to change their headunits anymore. People come in to BB all the time and want us to custom make them a kit that matches their silver interior like the stock one does. So when they find out how much it will cost they MAYBE switch out the speakers, put a amp in thats too powerful and picks us engine noise, and gets a set of dual subs and box that sound shitty as it is.Then hear it all and get mad at us b/c only the treble and bass can be adjusted and the quality of the music sounds so bad. People are so stupid they piss me off

And oomba. Are you sure they arn't speaking of a stock viper? That its not an option to upgrade the sound system in it?

2001 Honda K-1 Accord Attack
GonnaDie4TheGov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 05:15 AM   #23
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonnaDie4TheGov
People don't want to change their headunits anymore. People come in to BB all the time and want us to custom make them a kit that matches their silver interior like the stock one does. So when they find out how much it will cost they MAYBE switch out the speakers, put a amp in thats too powerful and picks us engine noise, and gets a set of dual subs and box that sound shitty as it is.Then hear it all and get mad at us b/c only the treble and bass can be adjusted and the quality of the music sounds so bad. People are so stupid they piss me off

And oomba. Are you sure they arn't speaking of a stock viper? That its not an option to upgrade the sound system in it?

A lot of the problem not only lies in people but in the actual car manufacturers themselves. No longer can you easily take out the stock HU and replace it. You have to buy some crazy converter to make it flush mount right and it alone costs a $100 or more.

~Blow your mind~

Old 10-12-2005, 06:11 AM   #24
6000LE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba
Dodge has been pissing me off lately. The new Charger pisses me off the most. But I just read in MPH that they put the same damn tape deck radio in the 90k dollar Viper SRT-10 as the Neon. What in the **** is that shit?
the neon just has a really good tapedeck
6000LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 06:28 AM   #25
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000LE
the neon just has a really good tapedeck

They come stock with CD players now....
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 07:24 PM   #26
fudge
let's fighting love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba
Point is a 90k car should have something better then the tape player out of a neon.

Yeah you're right, it should have 2 DVD players, Xbox, 1000CD changers, 8subs and everything else that makes a car look more expensive

Who needs all these extras when you have a stonking big engine?
Old 10-12-2005, 07:28 PM   #27
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge
Yeah you're right, it should have 2 DVD players, Xbox, 1000CD changers, 8subs and everything else that makes a car look more expensive

Yeah if someone wants a good stereo what the heck are they doing getting a Viper anyway?

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 08:38 PM   #28
Oomba
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge

I'm not saying put lame shit in the car like an Xbox. How about, I dunno, a 5 cd changer.
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 10:30 PM   #29
fudge
let's fighting love

Because that's just about as lame as an Xbox. Anyways a CD player is the last thing you think about when buying a Viper.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:57 PM   #30
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Wait...just the radio unit is the same, or is that including the speakers?...But yeah, like Fudge said, when you're driving a $90K car, that's the last thing you should care about...you're probably going to be going so fast that you couldn't hear the stereo anyhow...unless you've got a big system...

Then again, they might keep the Neon systems because they do not want to add extra weight to the car, thus keeping the speed and hadling up...