Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-13-2005, 06:29 PM   #1
jasjitdhillon09
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New Delhi, India
Posts: 29
Civic SI 'it will reverse your thinking'



CIVIC SI (2006) DO YOU LIKE IT
----------------------------------

'MOVE OR BE MOVED'
jasjitdhillon09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 06:31 PM   #2
6000LE
Banned
 
6000LE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjitdhillon09


CIVIC SI (2006) DO YOU LIKE IT
----------------------------------

'MOVE OR BE MOVED'
yea. i had a dream where i saw a red one
6000LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 07:48 PM   #3
C c C
CF Enthusiast
 
C c C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Hell
Posts: 129
i hear they arent that quick, but handle goooood
C c C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 07:55 PM   #4
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by C c C
i hear they arent that quick, but handle goooood

Not quick compared to what? vtec.net had 0-60 times in the high 6s. I call that pretty quick. That's a bit quicker than most cars it competes against.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 07:58 PM   #5
C c C
CF Enthusiast
 
C c C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Hell
Posts: 129
Ooh ok. Arent they like 160 stock or something??
(idk thats why im asking)
C c C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:21 PM   #6
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
It's a nice car, but betcha you can't change Oomba's mind...I heard that there was some sort of problem with them, but can't remember what...I'll tell y'all if I do...
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:42 PM   #7
Oomba
Banned
 
Oomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,137
No.


Above all, its a Honda
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 08:53 PM   #8
Inygknok
El del Supra
 
Inygknok's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 1,863
im disappointed at honda.

they actually dared take the engine out of the RSX and just throw it into the Civic and call it a whole new car.... thats just cheating ffs.

why bother buying an RSX then? just for luxury? you already have the power and most of the handling in the civic already.....
__________________


Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 09:03 PM   #9
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire
 
Pythias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ohio, U.S.
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
im disappointed at honda.

they actually dared take the engine out of the RSX and just throw it into the Civic and call it a whole new car.... thats just cheating ffs.

why bother buying an RSX then? just for luxury? you already have the power and most of the handling in the civic already.....

Because RSX sounds so much cooler....
__________________
"Though I drive through the valley of rice,I shall fear no turbo for torque art with me. Thy rod and piston, they comfort me."

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 09:57 PM   #10
hondaman
I drive a Buick.
 
hondaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Somewhere in Alabama
Posts: 1,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
they actually dared take the engine out of the RSX and just throw it into the Civic and call it a whole new car.... thats just cheating ffs.
So? Nissan, GM, Chrysler, Ford, Toyota, BMW, and Mercedes Benz have been doing it for years. And so has Honda. Lots of brands have the same engine through their lines, what difference would that make?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba
No.


Above all, its a Honda

Of course. Nevermind that it promises to be faster in every way from a Mitsubishi Eclipse which you do like, but because of a little bit of chrome on the front and rear signifying it's a Honda you don't like it. Whoop dee ****ing do.
__________________
hondaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 10:05 PM   #11
V-Tec
CF's student post whore
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaman
So? Nissan, GM, Chrysler, Ford, Toyota, BMW, and Mercedes Benz have been doing it for years. And so has Honda. Lots of brands have the same engine through their lines, what difference would that make?



Of course. Nevermind that it promises to be faster in every way from a Mitsubishi Eclipse which you do like, but because of a little bit of chrome on the front and rear signifying it's a Honda you don't like it. Whoop dee ****ing do.
ya but eclipse own the civic by looks lol + if u buy it now you get free gas for 1 year lol
V-Tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 10:32 PM   #12
cL300zx
CF Newbie
 
cL300zx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: between cincinnati and atl
Posts: 17
its str8.... but the eclipse has a better design.... on anotha note-- dagg... Toyota needs to come out with somethin.... bring back the supra or somethin.... heck even the celica-- aight- they got the scion tC... and its nice if you put mad $$ into it- so is everythin else if you put mad loot into it- but on the real- the corolla S.... is so so.... and I work for Toyota... so i'm a bit fed up on this whole "no real sports car outside of the Lexus line (IS 430/ sc if lux)" phase - sorry for the rantin... i'd just like to see a freakin 07 supra that spanks the new z's both in performance(a given) and design... i do love nissans, but back to the program- that honda is aight, but next to that bugatti- dont do that... now its looks like hot garbage
__________________
天主に属する。。。
cL300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 10:35 PM   #13
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by C c C
Ooh ok. Arent they like 160 stock or something??
(idk thats why im asking)

You're tihnking about 02-05 Civic Si I think. Those were 160hp (As was the 99-00Si). The new 2006 Si rated by the new SAE optional standard at 197hp but really puts over 220hp at the crank.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 10:39 PM   #14
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
im disappointed at honda.

they actually dared take the engine out of the RSX and just throw it into the Civic and call it a whole new car.... thats just cheating ffs.

why bother buying an RSX then? just for luxury? you already have the power and most of the handling in the civic already.....

A. They didnt just "Take the enigne out of the RSX-S and put it in the new Si". The engine is different in quite a few aspects. Yes, it is still a K20, but not a K20z1, its offical name is the K20z3.

B. The RSX/RSX-S are being discontinued after next year (2006).

C. The new Si is built on a completely different platform than the RSX-S and shares nothing really but some engine parts. Not only that, but the Si offers an LSD, which the RSX-S does not have.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 10:40 PM   #15
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by cL300zx
its str8.... but the eclipse has a better design.... on anotha note-- dagg... Toyota needs to come out with somethin.... bring back the supra or somethin.... heck even the celica-- aight- they got the scion tC... and its nice if you put mad $$ into it- so is everythin else if you put mad loot into it- but on the real- the corolla S.... is so so.... and I work for Toyota... so i'm a bit fed up on this whole "no real sports car outside of the Lexus line (IS 430/ sc if lux)" phase - sorry for the rantin... i'd just like to see a freakin 07 supra that spanks the new z's both in performance(a given) and design... i do love nissans, but back to the program- that honda is aight, but next to that bugatti- dont do that... now its looks like hot garbage

The Eclipse has a better design in what aspect? Looks?

Because the new Civic Si is much superior in handling, interior and it's powerplant over the Eclipse.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.