Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2005, 09:35 PM   #1
ngluvakov(euro)
CF Enthusiast

European cars - do you like or dislike them

Well, as I see, many people here are personally oriented on certain make or certain region from where their favorite cars come. Well in here, you have place to explain why you think positive about European cars or why you feel other way. No matter why, but just put your reasons. Is it because they are hot, or dislike because they are notÖ Is it because they are excellently engineered, or you think they are junk?

Personally, I like them most. I would never drive any car from any other part of the world (with exceptions: Ford Focus WRC, Mustang, Viper, Corvette and growing list of other American carsÖ). I am allergic on the Japanese cars. I would never drive one. I hate Mazda most of all, Toyota is next on the black list. I dislike American cars because they have big engine displacement and fuel economy is not their brighter side. There are also great cars from Ford that are undeniably good. For example Focus, Mondeo, and legendary Mustang. Viper and Corvette both are unbeatable with design and performances. Nevertheless, when it comes to choosing, I always choose EU cars.
Europe's
http://www.supercarsite.net/image.ph..._spyder_01.jpg

VS.

America's
http://www.supercarsite.net/image.ph...ertible_06.jpg
Old 10-16-2005, 10:05 PM   #2
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngluvakov(euro)
I am allergic on the Japanese cars. I would never drive one.
Why?

Fuel economy not the brighter side of American cars? Let me know if you can find a stock 400 hp non-hybrid V8 that can do 29 mpg on the highway anywhere else. And quite the contrary, aside from the gargantuan SUVs American cars are doing just fine on the fuel economy front. Big displacement? WTF does that have to do with anything? As ChrisV has already pointed out elsewhere, when you consider the actual size of the entire engine, as compared to a 6.0 L from a GTO and a 4.0 L from a BMW...there is not much difference in actual size.

I like all cars. I don't give a shit where they came from.

Last edited by hondaman : 10-16-2005 at 10:15 PM.
hondaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 10:58 PM   #3
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Are we talking exotics here, or just regular cars, because a good bit of Asian cars have lots of modding potential (which comes with ricing potential ), but most European cars look pretty good, and some U.S. cars have more stock horsepower...each region has pros and cons.

You're allergic to Japanese cars? Have you met Oomba?
Old 10-17-2005, 01:58 AM   #4
moostang104314
the guy you wish you were

I don't understand how you gripe about American cars' "large displacement," but some of the only American cars you like are the 6.0 liter Corvette and 8.3 liter Viper. And anyway, most American cars, not SUV's, have mid-sized engines that get average to decent fuel mileage.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:30 AM   #5
GonnaDie4TheGov
CF's Only Jersey Boy

I like pretty much all the high end to exotic european cars. I know prob jsut like everyone else. But they are stylish, fast, and very very safe compared to domestics.

2001 Honda K-1 Accord Attack
GonnaDie4TheGov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 04:36 AM   #6
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Dislike: All U.K. brands, VW and most of all - Merecedes Benz.

Impartial: Audi and Ferrari.

Love: BMW and Porsche.

Euro cars still fall 2nd overall in my opinion to Japanese cars though.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 07:41 AM   #7
ngluvakov(euro)
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaman
Why?

Fuel economy not the brighter side of American cars? Let me know if you can find a stock 400 hp non-hybrid V8 that can do 29 mpg on the highway anywhere else. And quite the contrary, aside from the gargantuan SUVs American cars are doing just fine on the fuel economy front. Big displacement? WTF does that have to do with anything? As ChrisV has already pointed out elsewhere, when you consider the actual size of the entire engine, as compared to a 6.0 L from a GTO and a 4.0 L from a BMW...there is not much difference in actual size.

I like all cars. I don't give a shit where they came from.

Well, there is no particular reason from the engineering side, but there is one that is stronger than me. I hate person I knew that once drove Mazda. From the time when I became unfriendly with that person, I canít fight the feeling that I hate Mazda. Above that there is difference in thinking when it comes to designing the structure. I hate Wankel engines, I am not fund of their wide use of plastics all around engine and in unexpected places. It has not shown bad, but it has shown expensive to repair if it comes to malfunction. I donít know, I just dislike that way of thinking. Donít get me wrong, that is just my opinion.

Old 10-17-2005, 03:03 PM   #8
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

I don't care where the car came from, but I generally like cars from Europe more than ones from other place. Except France, Peugots and other French cars are ugly.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 03:17 PM   #9
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Well, there is no particular reason from the engineering side, but there is one that is stronger than me. I hate person I knew that once drove Mazda. From the time when I became unfriendly with that person, I canít fight the feeling that I hate Mazda.

Shows a small mind. I have no respect for someone with that sort of ignorance and closed mindedness. It shows you aren't smart enough to think past retarded reasoning with zero basis in fact.

"I think that you generalize things you hear and see on TV and make opinion about Europeans. That is wrong."

Pot, kettle, black. You want me to respect your opinion, you better be able to show you have more than two brain cells to rub together, and hatred of a car brand because of someone you knew who DROVE one shows a retarded brain, not an intelligent one. Especially when you prove you are unable to overcome that idiocy regardless of level of effort. You want intelligence in your threads? That's what you asked me in PM. I don't think you're CAPABLE of it.

Quote:
Above that there is difference in thinking when it comes to designing the structure. I hate Wankel engines, I am not fund of their wide use of plastics all around engine and in unexpected places. It has not shown bad, but it has shown expensive to repair if it comes to malfunction.

Sorry, but the Wankel engine is a EUROPEAN invention. Used in NSUs, and even in some Mercedes prototypes.

Maybe you haven't looked into the engine compartment of European cars, lately, and the use of plastics THERE. If you're going to use idiotic reasoning to hate on one kind of car, at least showe you're brain is capable of applying thart same reasoning across the board, or you come off looking like a hypocrite.

Quote:
I donít know, I just dislike that way of thinking. Donít get me wrong, that is just my opinion.

oh, I'm not getting you wrong. I know it's your opinion. You've BASED that opinion of completely retarded reasons, a near total lack of knowledge, and the apparent desire to see if you can be even more closed minded than some others on the web. I dislike THAT way of thinking.

Oh, and that's MY opinion. If you have the right to state yours, then so do *I.*

Did you find that insulting?

Good.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 05:53 PM   #10
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Well, there is no particular reason from the engineering side, but there is one that is stronger than me. I hate person I knew that once drove Mazda. From the time when I became unfriendly with that person, I canít fight the feeling that I hate Mazda. Above that there is difference in thinking when it comes to designing the structure. I hate Wankel engines, I am not fund of their wide use of plastics all around engine and in unexpected places. It has not shown bad, but it has shown expensive to repair if it comes to malfunction. I donít know, I just dislike that way of thinking. Donít get me wrong, that is just my opinion.

I definatley agree with Chris here. You cant say you dislike mazda for such dumb reasons like "They use plastics all around in the engine bays" because it seems no matter what car you are in nowadays (euro asian or U.S.) they all have an excessive use of plastics in the engine bay. It's very rare do you find non-plastic intakes and engine covers these days. Now a better reason for plastics might of been the QUALITY of plastics used in say euro cars on the interior than domestic cars. I can agree with that. I think sometimes a lot of GM cars have extremely cheap looking black plastics everywhere on the dash. I dislike Mazda too for the most part, but for more valid reasons like, they have a tendancy to keep OVERRATING their engines (See 1st generation Miata, and the new 3rd generation Miata, also see the RX-8) and they seem to puppets of Ford now which doesn't excite me at all.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 09:03 PM   #11
fudge
let's fighting love

I bet you if he had a girlfriend who loves Mazda he'll be whistling a different tune.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:19 PM   #12
jasjitdhillon09
CF Newbie

European cars rock!

Pagini Is Exotic, So Yes!
jasjitdhillon09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 11:26 PM   #13
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
I don't care where the car came from, but I generally like cars from Europe more than ones from other place. Except France, Peugots and other French cars are ugly.

I guess it's personal preference, but the Renault Clio, and Peugeot 206 are both very sexy cars, with lots of performance potential
Old 10-18-2005, 05:46 AM   #14
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
I agree...although if I had to have a French car it wouldn't be a Citroen lol....I knoe Peugeot/Citroen are the same company, but Pug's have always seemed tha better option...maybe it's because of Citroens tendencies to use that stupid hydro pneumatic (I think that's what it's called?) suspension wich seemed to operate the brakes too lol....And I just KNOW that ChrisV aint gonna like that

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:03 AM   #15
ngluvakov(euro)
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
No matter why, but just put your reasons. Is it because they are hot, or dislike because they are notÖ Is it because they are excellently engineered, or you think they are junk?

Chris, I have limited myself in the start. I have said that I have no particular reason. I don't think that you prove yourself smarter than me just by insulting me. My reasons for "not loving Mazda" is strong enough believe me. Tell me your reasons, why do you keep insulting people in forum? What is your expertise? What gives you the right to act the way you do? Do you people really think that mech. eng. to be doesn't know where has Wankel came from and who bought patent? Don't prove yourself on other people's mistakes, prove yourself on your good moves. I think that if I say: "I don't like Mazda", than I do not necessarily need strong reasons. I just don't like it. I have no hard feelings toward your recent posts, I know that people like you must live. I have developed certain level of tolerance toward people like you. Don't speak to me, don't read my posts. I have clearly pointed out (using words) things I meant. Or just be a human and let's settle things peacefuly. I am not into your way of speaking. This is my last respond to your provocation. I have no more time to waste on unfriendly talks.