Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2002, 12:27 PM   #1
skullz

I need some advice

Im planning to sell my car soon by nextweek, and i just wanted to get everybody's opinion.......... What should i buy next

1. Try something new and buy a domestic like a V8 Fire hawk/WS6
OR
2. Stick with the imports and buy a type R

3. Or say **** it and buy an SUV
Old 12-05-2002, 03:29 PM   #2
labido

An suv is something that i dont have, and dont really plan on gettin one. I have a v8 domestic GTO as of now, that is pretty fast. Its fun to drive, hellasious on gas mileage...If i were you I would stay with the imports, better handeling, in my opinion better to drive. As for what car, what kinda price range do you have, and what are you wanting, sporty, luxury, both, go really really fast? Just all depends. Give us some more info.
Old 12-06-2002, 10:12 AM   #3
skullz

Thanks for your reply, anyways i want something fast!!!!!!!! my price range is from 15,000 to 25,000. I always thought that domestics would reign over imports cause of the V8. And i been driving an import for a while and wanted to try some thing new. any how would some buddy pls give me info on a Fire hawk like the specs, price range, etc.

Thanks guys

Chris
Old 12-07-2002, 02:47 AM   #4
AdamA4LD

The Firehawks will definitely be collector cars, and of course, they look pretty mean too. I believe they have somewhere around 320 horsepower, and with the 6-speed should provide some fun. A company called SLP has lots of goodies to make it go faster. Your imports will be lighter and handle better, but you can't beat the roar of a V-8! A used Firehawk may be in your price range, but a brand new one is around $28K.
Old 12-07-2002, 08:05 AM   #5
noley99

I can give you some advice here seeing how I just sold my 1999 SS.

With the LS1 it gives you allot of bang for the buck. For instance. I installed a whisper lid, K&N filter, a MAC offroad y-pipe with O2 sims, and cut the EGR sensor out of the TB. Before these simple and inexpensive MODS it dyno'd out at 292 RWHP 321 FWHP after it was 333 RWHP and 370 FWHP. I spent a grand total of about $550. Quickest time at the Gainsville Raceway was 12.989 at 114mph best of three runs. No not street tires. With a few more mods and little more money the potential for power was very real.

I just sold the car for $18,500 and it was in excellent shape. Expect to pay between $18,000 and $22,000 for a good LS1 powered T/A or Camaro.

Okay now I'm sick all over again

I want it back.

Hope this helps

Later
Old 06-04-2003, 04:57 AM   #6
srt4racer03

dude

i have a suggestion. buy an srt-4 neon and screw the type r. you would smoke one in this car for about the same price. also this has 4 doors and five seats. It goes 150 and is reliable. it will have low miles cause it is brand new and it has viper seats. all the ricers rev at you and have no idea what you ahve. it is cool to kick someones ass in a neon
Old 06-06-2003, 12:54 AM   #7
Arthur
On Probation

yes yes the srt 4is nice but shut up there are better cars out there. he could buy an earli 300zx TT spend around what 5 6k? he saved and made it faster than the turbo neon....

hell there are other things, doesnt matter Just go out TEST DRIVE DIFFERENT CARS FOUND OUT WHAT YOU LIKE. ive heard the celica all tracs are nice the late 80's one and the early 90s ones. they are turbo !
Arthur is offline   Reply With Quote