Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2004, 05:04 AM   #1
SilverCivicSi98
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 43
Why does everyone hate The Fast and the Furious!?

I recently posted a thread on 'The Fast and the Furious... realistic or not?' and soon found out that EVERYONE HATES IT! But why!? Is it because it's innaccurate in speed? Is it solely because the NOS tank reads inflammable but then blows up? I need to know if you hate it and why. Because I liked it.
__________________
I got a cat yesterday.

Ya, I had to swerve, but I got it.

When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

Member of the unofficial Vwhobo fan club.
SilverCivicSi98 is offline  
Old 03-03-2004, 05:15 AM   #2
Vassar
CF Newbie
 
Vassar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 81
If you knew the slightest thing about cars, you would see how inaccurate these movies were. Not to mention, the storylines didn't help out any.

I already explained why I hated each of them so much in the other thread.
Vassar is offline  
Old 03-03-2004, 05:22 AM   #3
enron fever
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 356
because it's lame? yeah. i think that just about sums it up.
enron fever is offline  
Old 03-03-2004, 05:22 AM   #4
Vassar
CF Newbie
 
Vassar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCivicSi98
Yea, I knew they were inaccurate but I truly dont think the director was trying to make them accurate. He was just trying to make them good. Speed=Good. Fast Chases=Good. Explosions=Good. And, the storyline, on the second one at least, was horrible.

You're exactly right, the director made the movie to produce money, which he got. But, any car enthusiast would watch this movie and laugh. Neither of them are movies that I would consider buying.
Vassar is offline  
Old 03-03-2004, 05:31 AM   #5
Car Guy
CF Enthusiast
 
Car Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 199
Paul Walker annoys me when he trys to act black
__________________
RT/10
GTS
GTS-R
SRT-10
Car Guy is offline  
Old 03-03-2004, 05:36 AM   #6
enron fever
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCivicSi98
ok enron fever, could you give us all a reason why its lame? instead of 'because its lame? yeah.' and please, use something besides what weve already talked about
well for starters, i've never really been into the whole "ricer" thing. 2nd of all, the acting sucked. 3rd of all, they destroyed that charger, and for that they deserve to burn in eternal hellfire
enron fever is offline  
Old 03-03-2004, 01:33 PM   #7
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCivicSi98
I recently posted a thread on 'The Fast and the Furious... realistic or not?' and soon found out that EVERYONE HATES IT! But why!? Is it because it's innaccurate in speed? Is it solely because the NOS tank reads inflammable but then blows up? I need to know if you hate it and why. Because I liked it.
There's not really much to say that hasn't already been covered.

1. Poor acting
2. Lousy story line
3. Ridiculous portrayal of street racers/racing
4. Gratuitous use of special effects
5. Etc, etc, etc

Let's not forget the fact that they glorify street racing, when any mature individual knows racing should only be done in a controlled environment.

From your posts since you've been here you seem to be obsessed with these movies. Why can't you just accept the fact that you and apparently many others liked the movie but several people here don't? The thing about art or entertainment is that everyone has different tastes.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline  
Old 03-03-2004, 02:42 PM   #8
cmeseadoin
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 596
Movie

Well it seems as everyone puts way too much thought into all this. I personally thought the movies had a RIDICULOUS storyline but I still enjoyed them. Why? Because I took them for what they were. I love cars, I love racing and therefore I got a good laugh. Sometimes you have to learn that in life, you need to relax and take a deep breath and look for the good in things.

VWHOBO, there ain't a thing wrong with racing on the streets, I do it all the time, LOL!! ;-) Of course I am not talking 'Fast and Furious' style, no no, not quite to that level. A controlled environment, I agree, is a MUST because your ever-changing variables are mitigated, however, when you know what you are doing and have been taught perfomance driving, you can still have fun out there. I race around in an 02' vette Z06 and an 03' Mitsubishi Evo VIII and I HATE left lane drivers. I am super aggresive and love driving that way. It is too bad that in America, we dumb all the stupid people down to the lowest common denominator and then foster that low. I don't see it changing anytime soon, so my answer is SLICE AND DICE! Ya'll be good now!


Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
There's not really much to say that hasn't already been covered.

1. Poor acting
2. Lousy story line
3. Ridiculous portrayal of street racers/racing
4. Gratuitous use of special effects
5. Etc, etc, etc

Let's not forget the fact that they glorify street racing, when any mature individual knows racing should only be done in a controlled environment.

From your posts since you've been here you seem to be obsessed with these movies. Why can't you just accept the fact that you and apparently many others liked the movie but several people here don't? The thing about art or entertainment is that everyone has different tastes.
__________________
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2002 Pontiac Trans AM Ram Air WS-6, 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 2002 Durango 5.9 R/T, 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 1994 Ford Taurus SHO 3.2L, 1976 Buick 225 Limited, 1992 Miata, 2008 Miata.

Other toys: 2003 Honda Superhawk 996 sportbike, 2007 Suzuki M109R cruiser, 2006 Kawasaki KLR 650, 1996 and 1997 Sea Doo GSX limited watercraft.
cmeseadoin is offline  
Old 03-04-2004, 04:53 AM   #9
Vassar
CF Newbie
 
Vassar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeseadoin
Well it seems as everyone puts way too much thought into all this. I personally thought the movies had a RIDICULOUS storyline but I still enjoyed them. Why? Because I took them for what they were. I love cars, I love racing and therefore I got a good laugh. Sometimes you have to learn that in life, you need to relax and take a deep breath and look for the good in things.

VWHOBO, there ain't a thing wrong with racing on the streets, I do it all the time, LOL!! ;-) Of course I am not talking 'Fast and Furious' style, no no, not quite to that level. A controlled environment, I agree, is a MUST because your ever-changing variables are mitigated, however, when you know what you are doing and have been taught perfomance driving, you can still have fun out there. I race around in an 02' vette Z06 and an 03' Mitsubishi Evo VIII and I HATE left lane drivers. I am super aggresive and love driving that way. It is too bad that in America, we dumb all the stupid people down to the lowest common denominator and then foster that low. I don't see it changing anytime soon, so my answer is SLICE AND DICE! Ya'll be good now!

I'm glad to see you live in Richmond, about 2 hours from where I live. Hopefully, I will see your Z06 or Evo on the road and run you off. There is absolutely no reason to act like an idiot on the streets, in your "super aggressive" manner. Driving fast is fun sometimes, but it's the people like you that really piss me off. You are one of those types that wind in-and-out of traffic, running up on peoples bumpers, on a 65+ mph highway. People like you are idiots, and hopefully you get your license revoked, etard.

I really enjoy the fact that you think "If you know what you're doing and know about performance driving," you will stand clear of being in or creating accidents. How hard do you honestly think it is for someone not to see you winding through traffic and they pull out and you hit the rear of them?

Seriously, grow up and go back to driving school, dumbass.
Vassar is offline  
Old 03-04-2004, 05:46 PM   #10
enron fever
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 356
i'm with vassar on this one. assholes in their expensive sport cars who think they own the road totally piss me off. i got into an accident because of one of your kind. although, i will admit i almost enjoyed it, because their corvette was totaled and my saab has a dent above the front-left wheel. but regardless i also have to say that i hate left-lane cruisers as well, but i myself will cruise in that lane if the rest of traffic is going slower than i wish to go, which is never above 85mph. one thing i DON'T do however, is lane-weaving. that's just retarded driving. but, yeah, a little maturity won't hurt ya none.
enron fever is offline  
Old 03-04-2004, 06:11 PM   #11
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by enron fever
i'm with vassar on this one. assholes in their expensive sport cars who think they own the road totally piss me off. i got into an accident because of one of your kind. although, i will admit i almost enjoyed it, because their corvette was totaled and my saab has a dent above the front-left wheel. but regardless i also have to say that i hate left-lane cruisers as well, but i myself will cruise in that lane if the rest of traffic is going slower than i wish to go, which is never above 85mph. one thing i DON'T do however, is lane-weaving. that's just retarded driving. but, yeah, a little maturity won't hurt ya none.

While I am more of an aggressive driver...I seem to find every person that is content in driving slow in the "fast" lane. It gets so annoying and is cause for my driving headaches. Why is it so difficult to understand that when someone is coming up behind you, the proper courteous thing to do is let "me" go by. Why must it be the old, "I have every right to be in this lane doing this speed. Why must I go faster or get out of the way? I'm driving the speed limit." I know that is what they are all saying in their small little brains.

You know, I've spent weeks in Europe and a few even in Ukraine. While in the military I spent 3 months in Honduras. I love driving in Europe (and Honduras wasn't bad either)!! Over there the car is king! Pedestrians better not set foot on the street when a car is coming because the car is not stopping!! And in Paris, when crossing the street while cars are waiting...and the light for the cars turns green...you might as well lay down...they are coming whether you're across or not!! When driving on the highway, you only need to flash your headlights when coming up to a car...and 9 times out of 10 they move right over and let you by. I was amazed. The horn is not necessarily a bad thing to use. It is seen as..."Hey...I'm waiting..." "oh...sorry, let me get out of the way for you."

Granted there still are some that take offense to the horn, or flashing lights...but they are few and far between. The other thing I like is that for the most part, everyone is in a hurry and trying to get from point A to point B as fast as possible. I mean really, as fast as possible, even without need it seems.

I'm moving to Europe! (ah...no)
.
.
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline  
Old 03-04-2004, 07:05 PM   #12
cmeseadoin
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 596
Aggressive driving

Well it is about time someone (bavarian) showing a little intelligence in a response to my posting. Vassar and enron_fever, the both of you can suck my C**k. I could care-the-hell-less what you think. You're obviously in that "let's dumb everything down to the lowest common denominator" factor that BREADS in America. Bavarian, HIGH FIVE to you...... if you're in the left lane and holding people up, YOU'RE the one that is the dumbass in the equation, not me. Did you ever stop to think, oh wait, you're incapable of that, that perhaps if assholes like VASSAR and ENRON_FEVER were not out there with their thumb up their assholes while driving, I would not have to drive aggressively to get somewhere? Who's the discourteous ones now you worth sacks of money SH8T with no brains? Fabulous thoughts from such rocket scientists....

OH and if you want to come the 2 hours to Richmond, I'll tell where to come to and we can find out who can drive their cars more aggressively. YOU run ME off the road???? What do you drive that you think you've got a prayer in hell? You don't know jack about cars and you certainld have ZERO intelligence with a posting as per what I just read. Come on down here, I am DYING for that opportunity. I guarantee you want war, I'll give you more war than you can handle. After which I will finish you off. F you and your mother for coming into our forum and thinking you will get away with that crap...... Do all of us a favor and kill yourselves as the world would prosper from it. You people that are the dumb scum out there without an f'n clue in the world when behind the wheel or anywhere else...AND DUMB enough to post what you just did make me SICK! You're the reason why this country thrives on stupid. I'll be waiting for you buddy cuz I could CARELESS about lives of people like you. Come get your run for the money you POS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
While I am more of an aggressive driver...I seem to find every person that is content in driving slow in the "fast" lane. It gets so annoying and is cause for my driving headaches. Why is it so difficult to understand that when someone is coming up behind you, the proper courteous thing to do is let "me" go by. Why must it be the old, "I have every right to be in this lane doing this speed. Why must I go faster or get out of the way? I'm driving the speed limit." I know that is what they are all saying in their small little brains.

You know, I've spent weeks in Europe and a few even in Ukraine. While in the military I spent 3 months in Honduras. I love driving in Europe (and Honduras wasn't bad either)!! Over there the car is king! Pedestrians better not set foot on the street when a car is coming because the car is not stopping!! And in Paris, when crossing the street while cars are waiting...and the light for the cars turns green...you might as well lay down...they are coming whether you're across or not!! When driving on the highway, you only need to flash your headlights when coming up to a car...and 9 times out of 10 they move right over and let you by. I was amazed. The horn is not necessarily a bad thing to use. It is seen as..."Hey...I'm waiting..." "oh...sorry, let me get out of the way for you."

Granted there still are some that take offense to the horn, or flashing lights...but they are few and far between. The other thing I like is that for the most part, everyone is in a hurry and trying to get from point A to point B as fast as possible. I mean really, as fast as possible, even without need it seems.

I'm moving to Europe! (ah...no)
.
.
__________________
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2002 Pontiac Trans AM Ram Air WS-6, 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 2002 Durango 5.9 R/T, 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 1994 Ford Taurus SHO 3.2L, 1976 Buick 225 Limited, 1992 Miata, 2008 Miata.

Other toys: 2003 Honda Superhawk 996 sportbike, 2007 Suzuki M109R cruiser, 2006 Kawasaki KLR 650, 1996 and 1997 Sea Doo GSX limited watercraft.
cmeseadoin is offline  
Old 03-04-2004, 07:42 PM   #13
cmeseadoin
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 596
Cheap humor

I just got all the cheap humor I could have asked for today on here. On top of dickhead Vassar and Enron_assholes' postings here, I just read some other posting by Vassar. You sure seem to have a networth on here of ZERO. You just joined 3/2/04 and you have not helped a sole solve a problem yet. All you've done is told others how dumb and stupid they are such as this: "You're seriously like the biggest dumbass on these boards. I have seen about five of your posts and realized that."

You must have the education of a 16 year old AND ALSO BE one. Anyone says "you're seriously LIKE the......" is an uneducated F-up. Stick you head between your legs and suck yourself back to that black hole you came from, JESUS CHRIST!!!!!
__________________
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2002 Pontiac Trans AM Ram Air WS-6, 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 2002 Durango 5.9 R/T, 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 1994 Ford Taurus SHO 3.2L, 1976 Buick 225 Limited, 1992 Miata, 2008 Miata.

Other toys: 2003 Honda Superhawk 996 sportbike, 2007 Suzuki M109R cruiser, 2006 Kawasaki KLR 650, 1996 and 1997 Sea Doo GSX limited watercraft.
cmeseadoin is offline  
Old 03-04-2004, 08:21 PM   #14
enron fever
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 356
A: you don't have a dick, you transvestite...
B: i wouldn't suck it if you did have one
C: ...shut/grow up...
enron fever is offline  
Old 03-04-2004, 08:33 PM   #15
lectroid
0000?
 
lectroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Redneck Hillbilly Heaven
Posts: 1,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeseadoin
Well it is about time someone (bavarian) showing a little intelligence in a response to my posting.

Bav, demagogue this one. Someone needs some SERIOUS help
__________________
Life is not a bitch, it just came with the package. [IMG][/IMG]
Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.
lectroid is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.