Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2005, 07:06 PM   #16
6000LE
Banned

I cant imagine a seatbelt and/or airbag saving your life when youre going 100+ MPH
6000LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 07:20 PM   #17
SyntheticTrust
Female of the *****

Ever since going 165 in the mac one .. 105 really isnt that fast to me.. but I need to start wearing my seatbelt more. I really do.

Whoever said money doesn't buy happiness obviously doesn't know where to buy a HORSE.
SyntheticTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 07:29 PM   #18
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000LE
I cant imagine a seatbelt and/or airbag saving your life when youre going 100+ MPH
I can.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:50 PM   #19
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
Is that $12.00 in Canadian? If so that's still only about $9.50-$10.00 American. Minimum wage varies in all states and eve local governments, but the national minimum wage i nthe U.S. is $5.15/hr. So $8.00/hr at a place that normally pays minimum wage for such a minial job is EXTREMELY generous...In the statew of Louisiana there is no minimum wage law anywho. So that makes that look that much better.

tbird - 12$ CAD is about 10.10$ USD - and thats hella better then minimum, for such an easy job.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 08:11 PM   #20
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyntheticTrust
Of course not, Katrina was only the biggest disaster in the nation's history

maybe most costly, but not the deadliest, by far.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 09:47 PM   #21
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
tbird - 12$ CAD is about 10.10$ USD - and thats hella better then minimum, for such an easy job.

I've never heard of that place before. What is it exactly?
You're right about it being ~$10.10 American.
The current exchange rate is for every american dollar you get $1.18 CDN. I just calculated it by knowing a C & D is $3.99 and for Canada it's $4.99, so i just used that conversion factor.

~Blow your mind~

Last edited by thunderbird1100 : 10-23-2005 at 09:53 PM.
thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 10:03 PM   #22
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

My cousins' live in New Orleans. It's such a mess right now. My one cousin, about my age and also a senior in high school says theres no stop to the work. He goes to to school fomr around 7-12 or so then goes over to his church and volunteers for the rest of the day, goes to someone's house or such and just helps out the rest of the day. They have like 1 school when there should be 4 so he goes to school in the monring and the rest of the kids go from around 1:30-7:00 or so at night. I'm not exact on those times but it's around there. I wonder hwo the teacher's work if the same ones work all day or they alternate? Man it's nuts, once he finishes up high school hes gonna decide where to go to college and they will all move outta there.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 10:45 PM   #23
97Talonchik
discombobulated

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyntheticTrust
Of course not, Katrina was only the biggest disaster in the nation's history

And here I thought George W. Bush was the biggest disaster in the nation's history...
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 10:54 PM   #24
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Talonchik
And here I thought George W. Bush was the biggest disaster in the nation's history...

Just think if it Kerry had been elected though. We wouldda pulled out and ran with our tails between our legs and prolly gotten bombed again.

"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Old 10-23-2005, 11:04 PM   #25
torinoman80
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000LE

Wearing a seatbelt is the difference between flying through the windshield or not.
torinoman80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 11:17 PM   #26
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Talonchik

He's not nearly as bad Kerry would have of been. But think about it, if he's theworst thing to happen to our nation, he's the worst tihng to happen to our nation but ALSO getting elected TWICE to the same office

Just think, if Kerry had taken office...
A. Our Healthcare system would of been even more royally screwed.
B. We wouldn't of got tax cuts for anyone.
C. We would of pulled out of Iraq way before we needed to, making more nations hate us across the world.
D. There would be no ban on partial birth abortion (Which over 75-80% of Americans supported)..
E. We would even be in more massive debt than we even are now.

But really, I dont like either of the two main partes right now. Democrats need to get away from the dumbass Ted Kennedy Liberals and go back to a more moderate base and the Republicans need to go BACK to conservativism, not this NEO-conservativism that's royally F'ing up our deficit. Would of been nice to see a third part candidate take office (such as Michael Badnarik ).

But I think EVERYONE can agree on here, Katrina and Rita were the two biggest back to back bitches to come to America. Even surpassing Jane Fonda.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 04:30 AM   #27
BanffAutoSpa_ap
Pants The Ripper

Location: Southern Alberta Likes:Long walks on the beach.....after anal
The day Bush was sworn into office in 2001, the national debt was $5.7 trillion, and there was a surplus. On the day he showed up in Parkersburg, it had climbed to $7,782,816,546,352.29. That is seven trillion, seven hundred and eighty-two billion, eight hundred and sixteen million, five hundred and forty-six thousand, three hundred and fifty-two dollars, and twenty-nine cents- from cbs news report. anyway there wouldnt be bombing if bush's family and osama's family werent measuring penis size in the oil games, go eat a penis bush
Old 10-24-2005, 08:53 PM   #28
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
The day Bush was sworn into office in 2001, the national debt was $5.7 trillion, and there was a surplus. On the day he showed up in Parkersburg, it had climbed to $7,782,816,546,352.29. That is seven trillion, seven hundred and eighty-two billion, eight hundred and sixteen million, five hundred and forty-six thousand, three hundred and fifty-two dollars, and twenty-nine cents- from cbs news report. anyway there wouldnt be bombing if bush's family and osama's family werent measuring penis size in the oil games, go eat a penis bush

Wow nice way of throwing some numbers out there to try I guess Bash Bush, I didn't even really get the point of this post or did it have a point? If so explain it in more than one ignorant last sentence comment.

Old 10-25-2005, 03:02 AM   #29
BanffAutoSpa_ap
Pants The Ripper

Location: Southern Alberta Likes:Long walks on the beach.....after anal
nope just wanted to throw some numbers, and if you cant see bush is bad, i feel very very sorry for you. but goodluck
Old 10-25-2005, 05:09 AM   #30
SyntheticTrust
Female of the *****

ok. now this is Jeromy replying to this one. first of all it was the gulf coast not the east coast and i was ouside the whole time of the storms. and another thing 105 on the interstate with no seatbelt is nothing. i was doing 165 in a 2001 accord passing cars on the side of the road with no seatbelt. or how about taking tight ass curves in a lexus on 20's at 145. or doing 185 in a porsche around some s curves. see i love this shit.

Whoever said money doesn't buy happiness obviously doesn't know where to buy a HORSE.
SyntheticTrust is offline   Reply With Quote