View Poll Results: Drive
agressive, driving safe is boring 3 75.00%
safe, driving agressive is not smart 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 01:01 AM   #1
jzxTT
CF Addict

drive agressive or follow rules of the road?

I love driving agressive, but theres a time and place for everything. Most of my friends drive like maniacs, its unfortunate that they fail to realize that its never cool to put people's lives in danger nevertheless you own. Is going 120mph worth your life?!?! I really have no room to talk because I dont follow the rules of the road half of the time but i've never hurt anyone and i've never been in an accident, so I must be doing something right. . And for all of you people who rev at stop lights, may I ask why you do that. There is no point, you're not looking cool, you're wasting gas. Your not worthy to race me so do yourself a favor and save your self the time and gas money. I mean you gotta rev your car once in a while but come on, I dont think anyone gives a shit how loud your car is, if anything its annoying. But thats just my dont give me shit please.
Old 03-05-2004, 01:37 AM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

I like to drive agresively but, as you said jzx, there's a time and a place for everything so I only drive like that on open stretches of road and I dont take the piss, the way I look at it is that every other car is a possible unmarked Police car (within reason off course!)

Last edited by Cliffy : 03-05-2004 at 03:22 AM.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:10 AM   #3
SuperJew
I like pie.

erm...what about an intermediate choice?

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
Old 03-05-2004, 02:44 AM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
erm...what about an intermediate choice?
Yes, the poll needs more than these two choices. Nothing in life is balck and white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzxTT
I love driving agressive, but theres a time and place for everything. Most of my friends drive like maniacs, its unfortunate that they fail to realize that its never cool to put people's lives in danger nevertheless you own. Is going 120mph worth your life?!?! I really have no room to talk because I dont follow the rules of the road half of the time but i've never hurt anyone and i've never been in an accident, so I must be doing something right. . And for all of you people who rev at stop lights, may I ask why you do that. There is no point, you're not looking cool, you're wasting gas. Your not worthy to race me so do yourself a favor and save your self the time and gas money. I mean you gotta rev your car once in a while but come on, I dont think anyone gives a shit how loud your car is, if anything its annoying. But thats just my dont give me shit please.
Two points, like 'em or don't, I couldn't give a rat's ass.

1. Anyone who put's in their post something like "dont give me shit" knows going in that either their viewpoint is not very well thought out or they're looking for a fight.

2. I agree with MOST of your thoughts, but... You stated "I dont follow the rules of the road half of the time but i've never hurt anyone and i've never been in an accident, so I must be doing something right". You're how old? Oh yeah, sixteen. So you have how many years experience driving on public roads? Thay's what I thought. Did it ever occur to you that it's beginners luck? Some people say God looks out for dumb animals and children, which are basically the same anyway. Get a grip.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

Old 03-05-2004, 02:51 AM   #5
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

i drive pretty darn safe now, after i got my first ticket ($177 for doing 33 in a 20, schoolzone, cop got me before i actually got in the school zone, so im taking it to court) but im not looking for another, so i figure im gunna be a little bit more carefull, plus i never know when or where there is a cop
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

Old 03-05-2004, 03:06 AM   #6
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

I drive inbetween aggressive and safe when I'm with my sister but I HAVE to drive safe when I'm with my parents. Only having my temps and all...

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Old 03-05-2004, 03:47 AM   #7
jzxTT
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Yes, the poll needs more than these two choices. Nothing in life is balck and white.

Two points, like 'em or don't, I couldn't give a rat's ass.

1. Anyone who put's in their post something like "dont give me shit" knows going in that either their viewpoint is not very well thought out or they're looking for a fight.

2. I agree with MOST of your thoughts, but... You stated "I dont follow the rules of the road half of the time but i've never hurt anyone and i've never been in an accident, so I must be doing something right". You're how old? Oh yeah, sixteen. So you have how many years experience driving on public roads? Thay's what I thought. Did it ever occur to you that it's beginners luck? .
you're right, I've only been driving for a year now. Just say you choose choice 3 if you're in the middle of the two, when i know I can get away with driving like a maniac I do but usually during the day I play it safe. I know your thinking "well if thats his choice then why not put that in the poll?" I should have. my bad .
Quote:
dumb animals and children, which are basically the same anyway. .
Off Topic: I take it you dont have any. What exactly does flat fours mean?? How much HP does your bug have? looks fast..
Old 03-05-2004, 03:54 AM   #8
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
you're right, I've only been driving for a year now. Just say you choose choice 3 if you're in the middle of the two, when i know I can get away with driving like a maniac I do but usually during the day I play it safe. I know your thinking "well if thats his choice then why not put that in the poll?" I should have. my bad .

Off Topic: I take it you dont have any. What exactly does flat fours mean?? How much HP does your bug have? looks fast..
1. Two boys, three dogs, two cats, two horses and a partridge in a pear tree. The number of boys is static, the number of animals vary from time to time. I know exactly of what I speak.
2. Horizontally opposed four cylinder engine.
3. That car isn't mine (see some other thread from today for explanation). But my daily driver Bug puts out about 225ish RWHP, haven't had it across a dyno, takes all the fun out of dialing it in. That number is motor, more with spray.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 03-05-2004, 04:11 AM   #9
jzxTT
CF Addict

:GETTIN REALY OFF TOPIC
Quote:
1. Two boys, three dogs, two cats, two horses and a partridge in a pear tree..
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Quote:
But my daily driver Bug puts out about 225ish RWHP, .
Not bad at all! more than the average civic (laughing at civics)

Last edited by jzxTT : 03-05-2004 at 09:10 AM.
Old 03-05-2004, 04:46 AM   #10
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Not bad at all! more than the average civic
And just think, it weighs less than 1900 pounds, with me in it.

Old 03-05-2004, 05:05 AM   #11
cmeseadoin
CF Freak

two choices

Well my whole arguement hinged around the fact that it is hillarious to me how people create just two choices, as indicated initially in the poll above. I was trying to start this NICE debate till I got flamed and reacted. Driving aggressivly does not = 120mph in 35 zones......putting people's lives in danger...etc. That IS dangerous. Therefore, to state that one drives aggressivly, oh HOW HORRIBLE, it a BUNCH OF BUNK! I never said I did any of that mentioned above....but I am such a HORRRRIBLE driver. Instead it was assumed. We all know what assumptions are and do, I will not recant it. I am glad to see that this whole arguement sparked a FANTASTIC debate.
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2002 Pontiac Trans AM Ram Air WS-6, 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 2002 Durango 5.9 R/T, 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 1994 Ford Taurus SHO 3.2L, 1976 Buick 225 Limited, 1992 Miata, 2008 Miata.

Other toys: 2003 Honda Superhawk 996 sportbike, 2007 Suzuki M109R cruiser, 2006 Kawasaki KLR 650, 1996 and 1997 Sea Doo GSX limited watercraft.
Old 03-05-2004, 06:12 AM   #12
Arthur
On Probation

i drive aggressivly while following the rules of the road.
Old 03-05-2004, 07:17 AM   #13
jzxTT
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeseadoin
Well my whole arguement hinged around the fact that it is hillarious to me how people create just two choices, as indicated initially in the poll above. I was trying to start this NICE debate till I got flamed and reacted. Driving aggressivly does not = 120mph in 35 zones......putting people's lives in danger...etc. That IS dangerous. Therefore, to state that one drives aggressivly, oh HOW HORRIBLE, it a BUNCH OF BUNK! I never said I did any of that mentioned above....but I am such a HORRRRIBLE driver. Instead it was assumed. We all know what assumptions are and do, I will not recant it. I am glad to see that this whole arguement sparked a FANTASTIC debate.
You try to hard to be like other people *sneez*vwhobo*sneez*... stop. About your whole post, technically you're correct and technically you're not. If driving 120mhp in a 30mph zone and putting peoples lives in danger isnt partly driving agressive then what is?? Yes it is dangerous but also agressive (in a way)...(speeding, taking corners fast, not using your blinker while speeding, ect.) For every action there is a reaction, driving agressive COULD lead to running someone over. Right? I never said that people who drive agressive are unsafe, I simply said you CAN put other peoples lives in danger WHILE driving agressively. Now you obviously have a different defenition for driving agressively so why dont you tell everyone
mine.. speeding, taking corners fast, not using your blinker while speeding, ect.
and a simple resolution to you problem about the poll.. click on the link that says "post reply" and you might say something like "I drive save while driving agressive".. now thats good thinking arthur .. Its really unfortunate that other people cant think to do that

Last edited by jzxTT : 03-05-2004 at 07:26 AM.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:24 AM   #14
jmyers0341
CF Enthusiast

Red face More than the avg civic? I would say so!

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Not bad at all! more than the average civic

LMAO--I hope that when you said 'more than the avg civic' you were being highly sarcastic. Otherwise you are one of those people who have a 97 civic dx with a cold air intake, stupid taillights, and a cheesy muffler, and you go around telling people that your civic has 200 to the wheels. I hate people who just blurt out HP numbers and don't know what a dyno is. My DX had 105(?) hp stock, CAI added 35, and my RACING muffler added 75. so that means I have 215 HP TO THE WHEELS!!!

The fact that VW's bug puts out over 225 and olny weighs 1900 lbs is amazing!! I don't like bugs, but that would rock! I drove my buddies STi that has about 260 to the wheels (i think)and weighs over 3000 (i think) and it HAULED ASS. Civics are slow POS's that are only fast once you drop enough money into them to buy a slick used M3...

I guess I am way off topic from the OP, but I am starting to HATE all the dressed up civics out there. Sorry if this is misplaced anger.

*takes a deep breath...*
Old 03-05-2004, 08:53 AM   #15
jzxTT
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmyers0341
LMAO--I hope that when you said 'more than the avg civic' you were being highly sarcastic. Otherwise you are one of those people who have a 97 civic dx with a cold air intake, stupid taillights, and a cheesy muffler, and you go around telling people that your civic has 200 to the wheels. I hate people who just blurt out HP numbers and don't know what a dyno is. My DX had 105(?) hp stock, CAI added 35, and my RACING muffler added 75. so that means I have 215 HP TO THE WHEELS!!!

The fact that VW's bug puts out over 225 and olny weighs 1900 lbs is amazing!! I don't like bugs, but that would rock! I drove my buddies STi that has about 260 to the wheels (i think)and weighs over 3000 (i think) and it HAULED ASS. Civics are slow POS's that are only fast once you drop enough money into them to buy a slick used M3...

I guess I am way off topic from the OP, but I am starting to HATE all the dressed up civics out there. Sorry if this is misplaced anger.

*takes a deep breath...*
Actually I have a 400rwhp (to the wheels) Twin turbo 300zx that would eat you friends sti...
But im with you, I hate civics to.. chances are I could smoke every civic in california. .
Bugs Rule.. If you've ever drivin an older bug stick you would know. If you took the time to read the thread you'd know that I was not playing when I said His Bug is better than the average modded civic. Why would you hope I was being sarcastic like you were trying to back up civics if you're going to "diss" the civic. Then you say you had a DX? Is it me or is this guy confusing . Either you're saying vwhobos a liar who needs to learn what a dyno is or you're saying..... oops I forgot your whole point of posting that, can you please enlighten me?
b.t.w. Is there anyway to edit the poll?
LMAO.. and By the way buddy.. a whole new exhaust system couldne add 75 horse power.. more like 10-15.

Last edited by jzxTT : 03-05-2004 at 09:08 AM.
Closed Thread