CF Freak

yea, thats a good price for it. id get it an derby it

http://www.myspace.com/adamc44

adamc44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 01:22 PM   #17
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

-

Here's the info the frame is rusted out, but the engine runs good. He said he'd sell it to me so if anyone out here is interested in it let me know, if not I won't buy it.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 02:49 PM   #18
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
Here's the info the frame is rusted out, but the engine runs good. He said he'd sell it to me so if anyone out here is interested in it let me know, if not I won't buy it.
Point of interest. A Duster is a unibody platform and has no frame, so what exactly is rusted? Still from your earlier description I wouldn't buy it except as a parts car. As for whoever said non-running rusted out Mopars go for $5k, well... Not a Duster like this. Maybe a Hemi Road Runner or a big block Challanger convertible that's been rusting away, but not a rotton old Duster with a 225.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 02:23 AM   #19
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Point of interest. A Duster is a unibody platform and has no frame, so what exactly is rusted? Still from your earlier description I wouldn't buy it except as a parts car. As for whoever said non-running rusted out Mopars go for $5k, well... Not a Duster like this. Maybe a Hemi Road Runner or a big block Challanger convertible that's been rusting away, but not a rotton old Duster with a 225.

I'm guessing the body, I will have the number of the guy tomorrow, for 125 though would you consider it worth it? I will only buy it if I expect some-kind of profit from it.

"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Old 11-01-2005, 03:44 AM   #20
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
I'm guessing the body, I will have the number of the guy tomorrow, for 125 though would you consider it worth it? I will only buy it if I expect some-kind of profit from it.
As I said, from the description it sounds like it might make a good parts car. A good running 225 is worth maybe $200 if you pull it, the 904 trans (I think you said it was an auto) maybe $100. If the engine is a 198 you can sell it for a boat anchor. The interior and suspension could also bring you some cash. The key is finding someone who needs these parts and is willing to pay for them.

Forgot this. Think glass. The glass on them is pretty valuable, especially the rear window, of course the disclaimer above applies.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 06:08 AM   #21
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Is it just me or is the price going up all the time. It started at $80, then $100 and now $125. Just wondering, have you even seen the car yet?

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 11:50 AM   #22
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
Is it just me or is the price going up all the time. It started at $80, then $100 and now $125. Just wondering, have you even seen the car yet?

Actually it's just you, it is 100, 125 for the car and to have it shipped here. Started at 80 because I figure it would be right around there, seeing as how other then that it was going to the junkyard.

Old 11-01-2005, 11:15 PM   #23
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
Actually it's just you, it is 100, 125 for the car and to have it shipped here. Started at 80 because I figure it would be right around there, seeing as how other then that it was going to the junkyard.
Alright, thanks for clearing that up lol Still not a bad price (i dont think).

Old 11-02-2005, 02:35 AM   #24
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

Quote:
Alright, thanks for clearing that up lol Still not a bad price (i dont think).

it just depends on how ambitious you are and how much you like dusters...

there are a lot of aftermarket a-body parts out there, including frame rails, floors, and torsion bar mount repair plates, so it can be done...

...and yes i said frame rails. i understand it's a unibody, but that is how they are commonly referred to (really, what else would you call them?)

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 02:59 AM   #25
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
it just depends on how ambitious you are and how much you like dusters...

there are a lot of aftermarket a-body parts out there, including frame rails, floors, and torsion bar mount repair plates, so it can be done...

...and yes i said frame rails. i understand it's a unibody, but that is how they are commonly referred to (really, what else would you call them?)

You misunderstand my friend, if I bought this car, it would be to part it out and make a profit from it.

Old 11-02-2005, 04:41 AM   #26
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

Sell it as parts? So you can get what, 200 out of it tops? Screw that. Restore it and you can make thousands.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:43 AM   #27
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
Sell it as parts? So you can get what, 200 out of it tops? Screw that. Restore it and you can make thousands.

Don't have the time nor funds. 200? From what I have haeard more around 600 prolly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
As I said, from the description it sounds like it might make a good parts car. A good running 225 is worth maybe $200 if you pull it, the 904 trans (I think you said it was an auto) maybe $100. If the engine is a 198 you can sell it for a boat anchor. The interior and suspension could also bring you some cash. The key is finding someone who needs these parts and is willing to pay for them.

Forgot this. Think glass. The glass on them is pretty valuable, especially the rear window, of course the disclaimer above applies.

He said 200 for the motor alone.... 100 for the trans... and the Glass on them is pretty valuable....

Old 11-02-2005, 04:59 AM   #28
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Still a nice car, just alittle too far for me.

Old 11-02-2005, 05:02 AM   #29
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Still a nice car, just alittle too far for me.

Yup, I'll have the guys number tomorrow and I'll see bout it... btw sorry if I came across as a smartass in my last reply to you, didn't mean to tho I believe I did.

Old 11-02-2005, 05:19 AM   #30
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
Yup, I'll have the guys number tomorrow and I'll see bout it... btw sorry if I came across as a smartass in my last reply to you, didn't mean to tho I believe I did.
Dont worry about it, no offense taken lol. Its all good